Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The season is on the horizon fam

The rookie tournament starts Friday
1726073422249.png

I figure it's sink of swim for the front office this season. If the Kings miss the playoff, Amadio Amigos.
If there is another first round disappointment, likely the same.

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I think the most likely scenario is a very similar record with the playoffs chances depending on the amount of teams around them improving or declining.

But I do think it will be a more pleasurable season for us fans who know that progress this year won't be measured by wins and losses but rather the integration and growth of the next core group of players. They will finally have their chances, it will be with a more aggressive coach, and they will be better insulated by the additions of tougher role players around them.

Nothing will change for the better until a new identity is organically grown and the expectations of the Cup era are finally put to bed. This should have started two years ago, but it looks like that ball will get rolling now.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
But I do think it will be a more pleasurable season for us fans who know that progress this year won't be measured by wins and losses but rather the integration and growth of the next core group of players. They will finally have their chances, it will be with a more aggressive coach, and they will be better insulated by the additions of tougher role players around them.
Absolutely.

And not having to watch PLD night after night knowing we're stuck with that contract. It's like a weight lifted off your shoulders.

Plus the added physicality should be fun regardless if it helps them win or lose.

But it still sucks thinking about how much more exciting this year would be if we had Vilardi and Faber on the roster.

Best case scenario:
Kings miss the playoffs but QB, Clarke, Spence, LAF, Turcotte & Thomas all show solid growth. Gavrikov and Jeannot moved at the TDL.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Over the negativity.

Please donate a positive comment to the burnt toast foundation here.

Let's start fresh.

I hope Jeannot surprises.

Gavrikov may have been battling injuries but like Roy, he was not be worth the price tag.

I want the Kings to make the playoffs but the transition may make it problematic.

You want the young guys to make it and get some playoff experience with Kings greats like Kopitar and DD.

I would love to see the Kings pull of miracle and make a round in the stacked Pacific.

It is going to be a very interesting year, either way.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

View attachment 906414

I figure it's sink of swim for the front office this season. If the Kings miss the playoff, Amadio Amigos.

I feel the same, but I also felt the same last year and was dismayed when they stayed the course. My eyes are not on BLuc, I am done with them, they are squarely on AEG and how they respond to whatever season we have.

I don't have a lot of hope for the current direction or really expect them to be very competitive, but they aren't a terrible team and have a lot of wild card elements to watch. I will say that this team is interesting with all the new additions, the value of their acquisition aside, Jeannot and Edmunson are much needed players, Byfield has a full runway to prove all that he is, and hopefully youngsters like Clarke, Thomas, and Turcotte can get the minutes and freedom to show what they can do. If Kopitar and Doughty hold up and Kuemper plays even remotely close to how he has in the past, the team could find themselves in a good position or capable of getting past the first round. I wouldn't bet on it, but of course, I am rooting for it.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County

View attachment 906414

Agreed, except for Luc, seems like he has endeared himself so much to ownership that they would not make a hockey decision and look at it more as personal, but the way Emerson kept referring to him and Blake as making decisions, he should be out the door to, but then again they should have been gone at the end of last season.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
We all want this to be the year the kids takeover. The problem is Luc is holding the football and we’re all Charlie Brown. The mandate is the same, make the playoffs.

So everything filters through that lens. Maybe there is a reality where the team misses but the kids take over. I’ll be happy to see it, because it means that the management isn’t completely incompetent and we can focus on the young leaders getting better vs criticizing the people in charge.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I don’t know how you guys can predict with any conviction that BLuc are out if they miss the playoffs or lose in the first round again. If AEG had any intention of getting rid of them they would’ve done it this summer when they had a mandate and goodwill from most of the fanbase. If they could survive last season, they can survive anything.

My prediction is both will be quietly extended for 3 years midseason if the team is in a playoff spot. If they’re on the outside looking in, only 2 years.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The Kings could win the cup and I’d still want the BLuc regime to end.

Organization needs fresh blood.
For BLuc to get me on board with their direction/plans, I expect more than a first-round exit.

Frankly, if they get past the first round, I'm honestly not sure I'd be satisfied with a second round exit. It feels like the equivalent of "clean your room" and the kid just throws clothes in the hamper. Like, technically it's better than before, but it feels like doing the bare minimum to try and shut the parents up.

And at the risk of sounding like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth - even though I feel the Kings need to do a proper rebuild, BLuc should be gone if they try to initiate a new one or miss the playoffs. I don't trust their ability to spearhead a new one, and they have committed to superficial success of "just make it" for far too long.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I don’t know how you guys can predict with any conviction that BLuc are out if they miss the playoffs or lose in the first round again. If AEG had any intention of getting rid of them they would’ve done it this summer when they had a mandate and goodwill from most of the fanbase. If they could survive last season, they can survive anything.

My prediction is both will be quietly extended for 3 years midseason if the team is in a playoff spot. If they’re on the outside looking in, only 2 years.
They survived because they made the playoffs. When they miss the playoffs, someone is getting let go between the two of them, if not both.

• Haha

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

If we end up getting nuked, the only survivors would be cockroaches and Bluc

Last edited:
Reactions: 21Dog and KINGS17

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If we end up in getting nuked, the only survivors would be cock roaches and Bluc

i can see it now

The nuke is inland, but only The Strand survives, and the front office was surfing

we're all dead

BLuc gets carte blanche to literally rebuild the organization from the ground up as the Los Angeles Kings of Wyoming

Still black and white

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
For BLuc to get me on board with their direction/plans, I expect more than a first-round exit.

Frankly, if they get past the first round, I'm honestly not sure I'd be satisfied with a second round exit. It feels like the equivalent of "clean your room" and the kid just throws clothes in the hamper. Like, technically it's better than before, but it feels like doing the bare minimum to try and shut the parents up.

And at the risk of sounding like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth - even though I feel the Kings need to do a proper rebuild, BLuc should be gone if they try to initiate a new one or miss the playoffs. I don't trust their ability to spearhead a new one, and they have committed to superficial success of "just make it" for far too long.

Would it be fair to say the WAY they do it, means more.....if the kids play significant roles and a 1st round exit happens, then what? Or a 2nd round exit, then what? Yea, might be a dollar short and a day to late, but isn't that what people have been clamoring for?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Would it be fair to say the WAY they do it, means more.....if the kids play significant roles and a 1st round exit happens, then what? Or a 2nd round exit, then what? Yea, might be a dollar short and a day to late, but isn't that what people have been clamoring for?
I've been clamoring for hookers and McRibs

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Getting prospect to play is what we wanted. Would it change my mind? Maybe. I just have very little confidence with the current regime that I'm honestly trying to find a scenario where my expectations meet their goal, and I would be happy with that joining.

As you say, it's a day late and dollar short. If your above scenario does happen, how will they respond? Do we trust them not to overcorrect and go all in again? I'd be worried, because they paid big prices multiple times.

Here's the thing, contrary to what some think (not saying you). I actually want to be happy with what the Kings are doing. I just feel like I've been put in a situation where I have to keep settling for a little bit less each year not to be miserable.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
We all want this to be the year the kids takeover. The problem is Luc is holding the football and we’re all Charlie Brown. The mandate is the same, make the playoffs.

So everything filters through that lens. Maybe there is a reality where the team misses but the kids take over. I’ll be happy to see it, because it means that the management isn’t completely incompetent and we can focus on the young leaders getting better vs criticizing the people in charge.

Um, no, we all do not.

I want integration, competition and progression for the kids.

I still want the team to go as far as possible.

Are you from one of those European NGO's?
i can see it now

The nuke is inland, but only The Strand survives, and the front office was surfing

we're all dead

BLuc gets carte blanche to literally rebuild the organization from the ground up as the Los Angeles Kings of Wyoming

Still black and white

Already happend in their minds, except Wyoming.

:coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: BaileyFan

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
They survived because they made the playoffs. When they miss the playoffs, someone is getting let go between the two of them, if not both.
I don’t know, I can already hear Luc: “It’s hard to make the playoffs in our league. Our league is so competitive. Get in and anything can happen and we were right there. We trust Blakey’s vision and this extension proves it.”

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Getting prospect to play is what we wanted. Would it change my mind? Maybe. I just have very little confidence with the current regime that I'm honestly trying to find a scenario where my expectations meet their goal, and I would be happy with that joining.

As you say, it's a day late and dollar short. If your above scenario does happen, how will they respond? Do we trust them not to overcorrect and go all in again? I'd be worried, because they paid big prices multiple times.

Here's the thing, contrary to what some think (not saying you). I actually want to be happy with what the Kings are doing. I just feel like I've been put in a situation where I have to keep settling for a little bit less each year not to be miserable.

To be fair....the bolded is what being a Kings fan is all about......minus essentially the "Lombardi years" that's been this organization for 60 plus years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $105.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00