Signing(s): Another Judge in NY: Joe Judge new Giants HC

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I don't know much about Judge but Mad Dog Chris Russo was going ballistic on the Giants going the cheapskate route with him instead of paying up for Rhule today, so that made for a humorous ride home
They are already paying McAdoo, Shurmur and the new coach.

Panthers just gave him $70M deal. Surely even NFL team has a breaking point?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know much about Judge but Mad Dog Chris Russo was going ballistic on the Giants going the cheapskate route with him instead of paying up for Rhule today, so that made for a humorous ride home
Chris Russo is an ass who just wants to be an ass anyways. Giants never got to get Rhule in their building, and the check the Panthers just wrote was that big for a reason. I mean, if there's a thing to complain about, it's not being aggressive enough to make sure you got to talk to him first if he was your guy, he already has experience in the organization. But maybe he wasn't their guy. I think he was.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Being a coordinator certainly doesn’t seem to correlate with head coaching success, so I’m not worried about that.

Either this will be a home run or a disaster. I don’t see any other outcome.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Being a coordinator certainly doesn’t seem to correlate with head coaching success, so I’m not worried about that.

Either this will be a home run or a disaster. I don’t see any other outcome.

The last Giants head coaches all had offensive coordinators experiences (McAdoo and Shurmer).
Coughlin was a WR coach / QB coach on the NFL level as well, Fassel was also offense, Parcells was a defensive guy.

Could be a good fit or not a good fit, we shall see.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I mean Anthony Lynn got the Chargers job with like 6 games interm HC experience having previously only been the RBs coach in Buffalo so stranger things have happened.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I know next to nothing about this guy, but I'm in the camp that special teams coaches should get more head coaching opportunities. I think as a special teams coach, you are always having to change your plan or the players you are using. There's always turnover on the bottom of the roster, plus injuries, plus guys getting elevated off special teams, so they always have to change things or do the best with whatever they have. I think that is good experience for a HC to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad