GDT: Another Afternoon Game, WooHoo - 13.00EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who’s winning?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not happy watching this version of the Pens…Toronto had zero problems beating the Wings in Detroit last night FWIW…it’s super frustrating that young legs + not a lot of space out there = Pens struggle…it doesn’t give me a lot of confidence for a playoff win…

I will be returning to the dog park for the first period but it didn’t work last game…is the magic over? My puppy hopes not….

oh and Yes, Nadal!

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Not going to lie, ain't watched anything this week due to the Australian Open.
Watched Swiatek's run. It's weird having a top Polish athlete play a sport I care about after all these years.
She's only won the 1 slam so far but she's pretty consistent. Still not on Barty's level yet though.

Without Roger and Novak I had very little interest on the men's side.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Looking forward to lots of hard work from our little kids. I know Simon and ZAR aren't great, but it's really important we give them a hand for trying their best out there today!

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Not happy watching this version of the Pens…Toronto had zero problems beating the Wings in Detroit last night

Zero problems? They were losing 2-4 going into the third and a Detroit team that played an OT the previous night got tired, allowing Toronto to scrape a win. If this had been the Penguins people here would be saying they left it too late or got lucky or should have played sixty minutes or whatever. You know, like the game against the Jets last week.

Reactions: Peat

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Zero problems? They were losing 2-4 going into the third and a Detroit team that played an OT the previous night got tired, allowing Toronto to scrape a win. If this had been the Penguins people here would be saying they left it too late or got lucky or should have played sixty minutes or whatever. You know, like the game against the Jets last week.

yes, they were winning and gave up 5 goals in the third, but credit to Toronto…I don’t think OT had any impact…it’s a young team…Toronto did what the Pens could not…also, Carolina was in a tight game with the Devils and held on to a 2-1 lead for more than half the game, something the Pens never do…but let’s make excuses for the Pens

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Are the 3 stooges gracing us with their presence today? Playing 3 guys incapable of scoring after two tight, low scoring games against bottom feeders seems foolish, no?

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
It's a young team so it can't get tired? And you think people are making excuses for the Pens? People on this board are constantly making excuses for other teams to make the Pens look bad in comparison. It's pretty funny, actually.

Carolina held a 2-1 lead against the might Devils? So what?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's a young team so it can't get tired? And you think people are making excuses for the Pens? People on this board are constantly making excuses for other teams to make the Pens look bad in comparison. It's pretty funny, actually.

Carolina held a 2-1 lead against the might Devils? So what?

well, you obviously haven’t watched us play the Devils lol…

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Feels like a pretty obvious loss incoming, huh?

No way. L.A. was on the ice less than 24 hours ago in Philly while the Pens are well-rested and that makes all the difference. Seriously, at least Jarry unexpectedly got a full game off on Friday so he actually should be fresh and perhaps can steal a win here.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Feels like a pretty obvious loss incoming, huh?

9hZu.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
afternoon game and an opponent we always have trouble with..Kings, Calgary and Stars…must be the Darryl Sutter effect

Yeah I feel like they never win against the Kings. Plus the team just looks super flat right now. Which, I mean... lots of games, an unsustainable winning percentage and some key injuries will do. Blueger is an underrated loss. I count him as one of their best bottom six players for sure.

Also Zucker is injured.

Plus midseason doldrums are for sure a thing. Also I don't want to get too far down this path but I always kind of have to scratch my head when Sullivan puts his teams into this ultra-conservative shell at least for big portions of the game. I sorta get what he's going for but it just doesn't play to this team's strengths. Maybe the entire team is just completely passive coincidentally but I dunno. Sure seems like they are intentionally letting the play come to them instead of being aggressive.

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
No way. L.A. was on the ice less than 24 hours ago in Philly while the Pens are well-rested and that makes all the difference. Seriously, at least Jarry unexpectedly got a full game off on Friday so he actually should be fresh and perhaps can steal a win here.

NSQdgQ7.gif

Reactions: Peat

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
LA punked us last time we played them. Hopefully we come back swingin.

ERod or Heinen goal please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad