Andrey Buyalsky C, 2021 draft, 3rd round (92nd overall)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He’s a fantastic skater at his size… most impressive part of his game. Big time volume shooter (never seen one he doesn’t like) that loves the middle of the ice. Can handle physicality and dish it out (doesn’t seek giving it out). Solid set of hands and okay IQ. He has a long, long ways to go defensively and playing with line mates. Should be a top 6 guy right away for Vermont and will be interesting to watch for next year or two. Some raw upside.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Teams have definitely started going off the "consensus" board in third round. No idea about this guy but his production in the USHL was solid last year, he's big and he's a center. People wanted a big center - here ya go :)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He’s a fantastic skater at his size… most impressive part of his game. Big time volume shooter (never seen one he doesn’t like) that loves the middle of the ice. Can handle physicality and dish it out (doesn’t seek giving it out). Solid set of hands and okay IQ. He has a long, long ways to go defensively and playing with line mates. Should be a top 6 guy right away for Vermont and will be interesting to watch for next year or two. Some raw upside.
Lol so he's Kadri that can skate as of now. Nice. Linemates must love this guy.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

So he's the Ryan Graves of forwards?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Big guy that that skate and score.

I think he was lost under the radar in Kazakhstan, would love to see him keep his upward trajectory in NA.

Needs to work on his play down low and especially if he wants to remain a C, his D game needs work too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Big guy that that skate and score.

I think he was lost under the radar in Kazakhstan, would love to see him keep his upward trajectory in NA.

Needs to work on his play down low and especially if he wants to remain a C, his D game needs work too.
I think he’s a center through and through. Even if the defense doesn’t come along. His game just isn’t suited to the boards. He just may not ever make the NHL based on his defense

Reactions: Perratrooper

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think he’s a center through and through. Even if the defense doesn’t come along. His game just isn’t suited to the boards. He just may not ever make the NHL based on his defense
He'll be the perfect tanking 1C when MacKinnon walks and Makar demands a trade to Calgary in 2 years while Mikko is off riding a deer named bambi into the Sahara desert.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

Hopefully that's just a side effect of playing in Boratland where his coaches weren't as strict with him, and that his NA coaches can encourage him to work on that part of his game for the next 3-4 years

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Jesus christ if this kid ever learns how to ****ing finish he's going to score 40 goals.

He looks like Nichushkin when Nuke was in his draft year. So naturally, he's going to be a 4th line winger.
He has some great hands around the net, doing that Forsberg move both on his backhand and forehand several times in that highlight reel above.

Just watching that highlight reel I'm a big fan of this pick. Boom or bust 6'3'' center who can skate really well.

If this guy learns how to play defense and develops some better playmaking he could be quite the find at 92. At the moment he's pretty one dimensional but you can definitely see the raw talent worth taking a swing on.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
21 in a couple of weeks. My question is how much growth is there left and have any of these Avs old dude picks ever worked out.

Mironov would have been a fine bottom-pairing guy, but he didn't like that our massage therapist was a 90 year old man

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
21 in a couple of weeks. My question is how much growth is there left and have any of these Avs old dude picks ever worked out.
I'm usually not a fan of overage picks (eg. the Nils Aman pick last year was ewww from the moment it was made), but I do like this one. Fast and smooth skater who's ability to get to the net could hopefully translate to the NHL.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad