Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
He really needs to stop thinking he's tough... Trust me. Nobody is scared of him and he just keeps getting beat up and concussed.. He needs to focus on scoring goals believe me.

To be fair his concussions weren't even from fighting. It was the Krug hit and a crosscheck to the head in the crease.
He fought 5 times in the regular season last year and didn't get "beat up" once. Couple wins, couple draws mostly against guys much bigger than him.
He should however stay focused on contributing offensively like he has this pre season.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No, it's all because of Bergevin. The guy didn't stand a chance before he even put on the Habs jersey...

Bergevin didn't do the guy any favours trading two good picks for him, and then signing him to a ridiculous contract. He then went on to suck. It's a combination of factors, really.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So disappointed at what this guy has brought. Bergevin is the gift that keeps on giving. What a mess

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
I noticed in your GDT that Shaw is not as fondly embraced in Mtl as he was in Chicago

Has his play been that bad?

Most including myself believe we could have gotten a lot more than Shaw with either the picks we gave for him or the salary he gets. His play has been pretty deceiving, even moreso when you consider what he was acquired for.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You can't show up in the playoffs if you don't make them.
QuerulousUnitedGoldenretriever.gif

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I hated the trade and signing from day one thinking he'd at least be really physical/finishes checks (Komarov-esque, less physical Clutterbuck) and put up 30-40 points.

He's actually frail and not that physical shift to shift. When he tries to do something physical, it ends up being super dirty. Please Bergevin trade him for some scrub before everyone figures out how bad of a contract he is...

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Now he called someone the F-word. Again. Will get suspended, again.

Can't believe you'd make the same mistake twice.

So many concussions...this guy is broken beyond repair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad