Recalled/Assigned: Andrew Miller Recalled

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I can see Miller getting an opportunity on the top line in the Detroit game.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Miller > Purcell in terms of speed and shooting ability.

Purcell's shot is better IMO if he is in a static one-timer position, Miller is better at getting shots off while in motion. He also works harder so he finds himself in those situations more often, I'm glad to see him getting the call-up it will be interesting to see how long he sticks. I'm also hoping they give him to Lander see if they can re-spark some chemistry.

Style and skill wise I do think Miller is a lot closer to Arco then he is to Eberle or Yak.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Likely spells the end for Slepyshev and Purcell, estecially once Eberle's back. Pakarinen would be the other option to bring up, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's up later. But considering he missed all of camp and isn't really an established player, it makes sense to give him a month or so in the AHL.

Hall-RNH-Korpikoski
Pouiliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Slepyshev-Lander-Miller
Gazdic-Letestu-Klinkhammer

Depth is starting to look a little shallow, but outside of Korpi, I don't think anyone's fighting above their weight class.

Honestly I would have used this as a chance to get Draisaitl into the top 6. We know he's the long term option there, and his training camp was good enough to warrant sticking at the NHL level.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
To be fair... Acrobello is a Snowpants-clone and Andrew Miller is closer to Eberle/Yak. He's been the forgotten prospect with his (lack of) draft pedigree and his advanced age :)

He's forgotten because of his lack of skill and hockey sense. Miller isn't an NHL player.

He's alright as a fill in and I hope he enjoys it. If he's there long term it means the team is really hurting for NHL players..

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
He's forgotten because of his lack of skill and hockey sense. Miller isn't an NHL player.

He's alright as a fill in and I hope he enjoys it. If he's there long term it means the team is really hurting for NHL players..

He looked a lot like an NHL player in his callup last season. He could absolutely sneak onto the roster and grab a spot if he plays like he did then.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
He looked a lot like an NHL player in his callup last season. He could absolutely sneak onto the roster and grab a spot if he plays like he did then.

Agreed, not sure how it can be declared he's not an NHL player when he's been successful at the AHL level and looked good in his limited NHL action with 6 points in 9 games.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I like this. And it's leading to the lines as I thought they would appear once everyone is healthy:

Poo-Nuge-Ebs (Pouliot needs to be here to return to last year's form)
Korpse/HendrX-McDavid-Yak
Hall-Lander-Miller (This line helped us win a lot of games last year. Hall carries this line and gets Lander going again.)

3 good scoring lines. Hard to coach against. There will always be a line out there against weaker competition and they should feast!

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I like this. And it's leading to the lines as I thought they would appear once everyone is healthy:

Poo-Nuge-Ebs (Pouliot needs to be here to return to last year's form)
Korpse/HendrX-McDavid-Yak
Hall-Lander-Miller (This line helped us win a lot of games last year. Hall carries this line and gets Lander going again.)

3 good scoring lines. Hard to coach against. There will always be a line out there against weaker competition and they should feast!

The way Hall is playing right now, I doubt you'll see him anywhere near the 3rd line.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him back with McD (and Yak) when Ebs come back or sooner...

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Sounds like his linemates aren't converting the opportunities he is setting up. Which means he needs to start scoring by himself. He needs to pot some goals.

Drai is NOT dominating. If You were to watch the games you would realize this. he misses shots on net. He does NOT use his size to keep puck control. The very last game you could see improvement however he has a long way to go if you want him to very successful at he NHL level. Nurse is far more advanced than Dria and yes one id defense and the other offense, but you can see the development difference.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Good for Milller but Pakarainen wouldve been a much better callup ..
Paka has the grit of Klink and is also producing in AHL..

Oct 15, 2008

Seems to have plenty of both to me. His lack of size is an obstacle he has to overcome.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Good for Milller but Pakarainen wouldve been a much better callup ..
Paka has the grit of Klink and is also producing in AHL..

Klink put up pretty good AHL numbers, he had 79 points in his last 85 games in the AHL.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He'll bring the work hat and battle hard. Could be a good fit with RNH and Hall. But it's defensively that I'm really iffy about. He'll be going up against top lines. We'll see how he does.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I will hope for the best with Miller but I have my doubts about it.

It's kind of like calling up Hunt last year. A bit of desperation move that highlights how badly we need Eberle back. People say he's got to be better than Purcell but I'm not so sure of that.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Drai is NOT dominating. If You were to watch the games you would realize this. he misses shots on net. He does NOT use his size to keep puck control. The very last game you could see improvement however he has a long way to go if you want him to very successful at he NHL level. Nurse is far more advanced than Dria and yes one id defense and the other offense, but you can see the development difference.

Christ, take a reading comprehension course and chill out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad