Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Love the trade.

Domi wore out his welcome. He'll have a good season or two in Columbus then wear out his welcome again. Heck could see the Blue Jackets trading him before he suits up based on contract demand rumours.

But hey I don't care for Domi so of course I'm gonna be fine with it.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Domi wasn’t going to be a top 6 for this team. Whatever line Anderson plays on he’ll have a much bigger impact than domi did last year

Its incredible, what we saw from domi this year is the real domi, the 72 pt season was a total mirage, check the shooting percentage too for crissakes

How can everybody forget his performance in the playoffs...it was a total and absolute disaster, it was honest to god embarassing watching him give such a terrible effort, there were some plays i swear to god i thought he was taking a dive, it looked like he was doing bad plays on purpose, he was 100% done here, and other teams saw that too, its great we got anything at all for him

I can totally understand the uproar for chucking a 3rd in there tho, which in the long run will probably really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, but we always have to keep in mind this is basically a "draft prospects" messaging board first anyway, so people really get connected to those draft picks

For all the GOOd domi did bring which was basically just playmaking, basically a glorified 15-35 guy, he was inexplicably terrible on the powerplay, bad at face offs, gave 0 effort on the wing, and worst of all, 5"9 among far too many other 5"9s already on the team, he was badly outmuscled all playoffs long, you wont win with this guy, ever.
Keeping him would of simply clogged up one of the two key center spots we NEED to give KK and Suzuki, and im thrilled bergevin sees it that way too, got rid of a growing fungus of a problem into a , again if it pans out, a potential power forward, i like the gamble

At least taking a chance on Anderson could, if it works, pay off huge for us

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Like the player, dislike the value.

Looks like Domi just didn't have a spot here and they got what they could for him instead of committing big money.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
We screamed when he traded Subban for Weber.
We screamed when he traded Galch for Domi
We're screaming now. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Domi was redudant and was playing so bad last year, he probably would have asked ++5M$ and that is way too much for the performance he offered on the ice last year, on a contract year nonetheless.
Anderson fills up a need, he was playing amazingly 2yrs ago before his injury.
3rd round pick? Who cares, we don't even sign em most of the time (go check previous years) and we have 2x 2nd round picks anyways. 3rd round pick was probably for the difference of salary (Domi 5.5M$, Anderson 4M$)

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Domi did not want to play on wings again. Something had to be done. But I think Domi worths way more than Anderson. Adding a third to acquire him was ridiculous.
And he's gonna play center in colombus?

For torts????

He can't win a faceoff and isn't all that good defensively ...how long before torts sends him in the bleachers?

Reactions: angusyoung

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I watched a bunch of Anderson from both his 4 pt season and his 27 goal year and I absolutely love his game. He can be a dominate player. Tried the fight thru a shoulder injury and it affected his results but I loved how he played. Constant motor, great forechecker. Instills fear in opponents. Imagine lehkonen on the forecheck but he’s 6’4” 220.

good hands in tight. Can play net front or trigger/bumper spot on pp. good pker. Fierce. Direct. Scores off the rush. Get ready to love him
He alone won’t move the needle on the has offence

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
If Renaud is to be believed, maybe a lot of teams wanted him and he had to pay the pick to acquire. That said the player we traded has a better track record than the one acquired. I don't mind overpays that make sense but I'm really not sure about this one.

At least it isn't Bergy bleeding picks for grinders near retirement to help bolster playoff runs that never came!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
How does this dumb f*** still have a job as the GM of the Habs? A highly overrated and broke Josh Anderson for Domi and he added a 3rd round pick? Going to be a long season.

Reactions: Habs Icing

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I'm not a fan of this trade, but I'm open minded to it.

By the way it's pathetic that half of the content in this thread concerns the 3rd round pick. That is (by far) the least important piece of this trade.

What matters is Anderson and Domi. He who gets the best player wins the trade.

Josh may end up better for us, the problem is we gave too much for a player who had a shoulder injury and scored 4 points in 26 games... His value should not be Domi + a 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad