Proposal: Ana-NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bmoc

Sep 2, 2010
Minus the first overall then

Ana
S. Bolduc
O. Wahlstrom

Nyi
H. Lindhoim
S. Steel

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
This trade doesn’t even work for the Islanders from a cap situation before even getting into who’s involved. Does Anaheim plan to take Uncle Leo, Thomas Hickey, Richard Panik plus eat half of Lindholms cap hit too?

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
Would be interested in Bolduc + some mid picks for Lindholm, but Wahlstrom is as close to untouchable as you can get other than Barzal and Lee.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would be interested in Bolduc + some mid picks for Lindholm, but Wahlstrom is as close to untouchable as you can get other than Barzal and Lee.
I would imagine mid round picks + bolduc prob gots beat pretty easily, but I agree about wahlstrom

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
To make the cap hit work, it might be better to make it Bellows, Wilde, Hickey and Colorado's #2 (2022) for Lindholm at the appropriate retention, which wouldn't be too much given some cap space that is already available on the Isles according to Capfriendly, maybe something like 20-25%.

If an added piece is necessary from NYI, maybe a Golyshev, who is stuck behind a lot of veterans and had a really nice pedigree coming into the season and is off to a nice start in Bridgeport with 4G/1A in 5 games.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
They would trade Lee before Wahlstrom.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I really don’t think the islanders can really offer what Anaheim would want for lindholm

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I really don’t think the islanders can really offer what Anaheim would want for lindholm

I really don't think you are paying attention to the real Salary Cap world. Given he is a 2nd line LHD who is UFA after this year I don't know why you'd think that. He's not a high end offensive defenseman.

We let Nick Leddy go for cap reasons and he is paid a little more than Lindholm, while actually putting up bigger offensive numbers and running the PP from the point. Lindholm is better defensively. I don't think the package I put together above is going to get beat so easily for a pending UFA. Anaheim can re-sign him in the summer if he doesn't like NY.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I really don't think you are paying attention to the real Salary Cap world. Given he is a 2nd line LHD who is UFA after this year I don't know why you'd think that. He's not a high end offensive defenseman.

We let Nick Leddy go for cap reasons and he is paid a little more than Lindholm, while actually putting up bigger offensive numbers and running the PP from the point. Lindholm is better defensively. I don't think the package I put together above is going to get beat so easily for a pending UFA. Anaheim can re-sign him in the summer if he doesn't like NY.
You mean the real world where

risto just got 14th overall pick + 2nd + hagg… I imagine if lindholm does not want to sign in Anaheim and becomes available a lot of teams would be in on him, he’d be arguably best available asset at deadline along with potentially hertl.

I think ducks should resign him and make him the captain personally, and if his value is in fact less than a 1st +, there really is no need to move him

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
You mean the real world where

risto just got 14th overall pick + 2nd + hagg… I imagine if lindholm does not want to sign in Anaheim and becomes available a lot of teams would be in on him, he’d be arguably best available asset at deadline along with potentially hertl.

I think ducks should resign him and make him the captain personally, and if his value is in fact less than a 1st +, there really is no need to move him

For Lindholm it starts with a minimum a 1st and then you add from there. He’s way better than Risto. The thing that hurts his value is he’s a rental but rentals get firsts all the time.

the islanders traded firsts for Pageau and Palmieri at consecutive deadlines. They re-signed both long term so the value was great.

I wouldn’t hesitate to give up another 1st + for Lindholm. He would make the isles defense so complete. For a team that can taste the cup finals the last 2 seasons that would be huge.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
For Lindholm it starts with a minimum a 1st and then you add from there. He’s way better than Risto. The thing that hurts his value is he’s a rental but rentals get firsts all the time.

the islanders traded firsts for Pageau and Palmieri at consecutive deadlines. They re-signed both long term so the value was great.

I wouldn’t hesitate to give up another 1st + for Lindholm. He would make the isles defense so complete. For a team that can taste the cup finals the last 2 seasons that would be huge.

ya I have a feeling he doesn’t realize how good lindholm is

Reactions: SI90

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

Lindholm is a defensively elite top pairing LHD you obviously don’t know much about him but that’s ok I doubt you watch much of him considering most of his games end at 1am eastern time

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm definitely gets a first and at least a "B" prospect at the deadline. Probably not much more than that but a first is definitely the minimum.

I don't care how good the 2022 draft is, a pick in the 20's shouldn't matter if the team really thinks it's going to make a run at the Cup.
The runner ups 2 years in a row adding a more mature wahlstrom/Dobson + healthy lee and lindholm…. I like their chances tbh…. And lindholm is almost a perfect fit for the type of system islanders run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad