Proposal: (ANA/MTL) 3rd overall for 5th + 26th + Harris/Barron

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
61% of Hawks fan think-hope-believe-say they will draft Demidov.

Is the offer still on the table?

I believe Ducks would take that deal.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Value is definitely there...tough call.

There's definitely a drop in tiers from the top 3 to the rest of the field...but depending on how Anaheim views their #5 guy versus 2/3, I could see them pulling the trigger.

Ultimately, I guess Anaheim says no...but it could go either way.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
If Chicago takes Demidov, no deal. Ducks take Lev.

If Chicago takes Lev, deal. Ducks take Yakemchuk or Buium at 5, flip Gibby 26 and 31 to Buffalo for 11th and pick Sennecke, BrandseggNygard, or Iginla.
Take out #11 and maybe Buffalo accepts.

Reactions: Irie

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
First time reading it, I didn't see 5th involved.

I think it depends on the Ducks draft board. If they have a clear target that drops to 3, then they'll just make the pick. If there are a few guys they are split on, then they take the trade.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id do it from Anaheim perspective, but i feel like anaheim prob has to toss something back to Montreal(maybe 1 of our 3rds or something)

The value is probably there but the Ducks do not need another late first and depth dman. They need quality talent, not quantity.
To be fair were likely getting the same quality at 5 as we would at 3... and really the only team we have to worry about is Columbus picking our guy... which is why Montreal would be moving up in the first place.

Also gives us the ability to package the 26 +31(+35 if were really trying to make a move) if we wanted to jump back up the draft board, or assets to make a move for a top 6 forward.

Reactions: Dutronc and lwvs84

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd pay a fortune to move up to #1 and get Celebrini. To move from from 9 to 2 I wouldn't even move 28OA. 2-13 it's more of a who you like better type of thing. I'm hoping Conroy can find a way to move from 28OA to 13th. That's where the value is.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No thanks. If Demidov goes: it's to Chicago, not Anaheim/Columbus. Lindstrom is too much of a risk, so we'll let Columbus have him. In all likelihood, we're likely grabbing the same player 3rd OV as we are 5th OV. I think the same is true for Anaheim.
If Demidov slides past chicago... i imagine that would put some sort of pressure on Montreal to make a move like this.

I also wouldnt sleep on Anaheim going Demidov or Columbus for that matter.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
This looks like a relatively weak year where there could be trades happening within the top 5. I remember Luke Schenn was drafted when TO traded up from 7 to 5. Nash/Pitkanen's draft where 3 of the top 4 picks were traded, and 1999, where all 4 moved and Burke got both twins.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With the latest info we have on Demidov, the Ducks should be taking whoever of Demidov/Levshunov is available. Don't overthink. it.
I mean i think we agree there (tho i think saliyev + lindstrom are going to be in question for us too).... and anaheim does tend to over think things on draft day (for better and worse)

Reactions: tomd

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I figure if Anaheim wants to trade down because they aren't sold on anyone at #3, but they don't want to go too far, this could make sense.

But it's all predicated on Anaheim wanting to trade down. If they have someone they really like on the board, even if it seems an unconventional pick, this won't make them change their mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad