Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] D Jackson LaCombe re-signs with the Ducks (2 years, $925k AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Where does LaCombe fit long term in Anaheim? What do Ducks fans project him to be when he’s fully established as an NHLer?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Where does LaCombe fit long term in Anaheim? What do Ducks fans project him to be when he’s fully established as an NHLer?

I think he needs to really establish himself defensively to fit in long term. There's a ton of young Dmen who are going to be jostling for position(s) within the org. Mintyukov and Zellweger both look clearly ahead of Lacombe on the offensive pecking order, and it doesn't appear Fowler is going anywhere for now - so PP time will be hard to come by. Lacombe needs to develop into the type of defensive minute muncher who can fit with one of those guys. He has good size and great skating ability. They threw him to the wolves too quickly, putting him on the top pair with Fowler (on his off side) right out of the chute. We'll see how he develops moving forward, it's fairly open ended at the moment

Reactions: Yemeth and PullHard

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Hard to say. Most of us believe he's expendable since we're so deep on the left side. We believe he's clearly behind Zellweger and Mintyukov.

A lot of us think he could be moved in a package for a better player, but honestly, we don't know. We are very healthy on LHD.

Reactions: PullHard

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kinda jack of all trades, master of none type player.

He can play both sides, and move up and down the line up.... idk that hell be able to solidify a long term spot in anaheim tho.

Mintyukov/Zellweger are prob better long term. And i think Solberg/Hinds stylistically make more sense with mintyukov/zellweger taking up 2 spots.

We will have to make a Sacrifice to Captain Cam... another casualty to keep him playing in anaheim.

Reactions: PullHard

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Thanks for the responses so far. I only caught a few Ducks games last season but I was mostly impressed with his play being so fresh in the league and like was mentioned, he was seemingly being thrown to the wolves but mostly held his own based on what I saw. I know the Ducks have a lot of young defenders making the jump and about to make the jump and figured he might be one of the odd men out when it’s all said and done. I like his size and skating ability overall though, and will be interested to see if he turns himself into a meaningful NHLer long term. I definitely have interest in the player as a Wings fan, but we similarly have a lot of LHD coming through the pipeline.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck and MCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad