Confirmed with Link: Brad Treliving officially announces Auston Matthews as the first ever US born captain of the Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Interesting timing to release this click bait. I wonder if any of the leaders of the team were named as players with no shot at ever winning a cup.
What does he say for those of us that don't click random links?
I'm guessing there are no direct quotes just a sensational title?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
He doesn't say anything. It's an article, that misrepresents other information about O'Rielly, talking about a random guy going on an obscure podcast and claiming he knows a guy that knows O'Rielly, and then he claims that O'Rielly told the friend of a friend that he badmouthed unspecified players in a really unrealistic private team conversation, despite all of O'Rielly's comments directly contradicting such claims.

Gotta get 'dem clicks.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Interesting timing to release this click bait. I wonder if any of the leaders of the team were named as players with no shot at ever winning a cup.
Empty Netters Podcast All Things Comedy? That podcast. Who didn't actually name anyone.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

WOW! Talk about clickbait! I was bored enough to read it - apparently someone said someone said ROR said there were players on the Leafs who will never win the Cup, but didn't say who.

ROR didn't name anyone, but I could easily name three players who were here then who are unlikely to win a Cup - how about Gio, Brodie, and Simmons?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
A good leader has many recognizable attributes both tangible and intangible.

A key one would be someone through their direct contribution leads to team success.

On the surface Matthews doesn't come across as a great leader other that statistically as one of the best pure goal scorers on the planet. However part of that might also be Matthews being a good soldier and not trying to upstage Tavares leadership as the one that wore the C on his jersey.

Going to be interesting to see if we are going to notice the difference in both how he handles the media as the teams front-man and spokesperson, and how he directs and leads his teammates on the ice.

Also interested to see if this change has a connection to our new coach Berube who might prefer a different form of chain of command and prefer to deal with Auston directly, and then indirectly to other team members through a funnel down effect where Matthews will in the dressing room carry the coaches message direction/criticism forward.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Why now?… Knies said he wanted to move out of JT’s house and go live with Auston.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I'm guessing there are no direct quotes just a sensational title?

Tl;dr: Article quotes a podcaster who claims to quote someone close to ROR who quotes ROR naming certain players who will never win (names not given).

Ironically, wasn't there a rumour a couple months ago about ROR making a pitch to Nashville's management for them to go after Marner?

Reactions: ACC1224

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
I wonder if Peddie is lucid enough today to get brought out for the ceremony so he could sell more jerseys.

Update: Sorry, I meant to type Pelley, not Peddie. Brain fart. I could see Pelley's face in my head when I was typing but my fingers weren't co-operating. Please don't be too hard on me guys. Up all night fixing computer problems and wanted to keep going until the press conference, to my detriment. I'm more lucid now....thanks for bearing with me.

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad