Confirmed with Link: Brad Treliving officially announces Auston Matthews as the first ever US born captain of the Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.

51vcdah1bnid1.png

Amazing decision, about time!

Last edited:

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
I thought they'd wait until JT's deal expires but I'm good with this. It's been Matthews team this whole time and if he's not ready for the C now we have a problem. Let's hope we see a new leader in him this year

Reactions: Kazparov

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
About damn time, best player on the team and the guys actually rally around him. JT is a great guy and all but he just doesn't have that influence you want your captain to have, probably gonna be a little awkward but I like the move. Better it's done now, rather than mid-season with media guys going nuts about it in the locker room.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
That tells you everything you need to know about JTs leadership abilities if they're stripping the C with a year left.

Does it? Or maybe Matthews really wanted it. It was pretty evident from the all star game that Matthews wanted the C and it was bound to happen. With Matthews extension kicking in seems like the perfect time. Highest paid guy, lots of the guys were talking about him being more of a leader this past season.

Reactions: Kurtz and Sypher04

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
That tells you everything you need to know about JTs leadership abilities if they're stripping the C with a year left.
Yup, having him involved in the process and on board withe situation was definitely leadership. It is not as if the Leafs striped him of the captaincy.

Reactions: Cams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad