Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, no more discontent. Just baseball | ST in Mtl: StL @ Tor | Mar 26/27 7pm ET/4pm PT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Replacing Zaun with Cliff Floyd will annoy a very specific portion the fanbase for several reasons. So that's a wonderful thing.

Siddall is a rising star. Good for him.

will siddall try and be loudest guy in the room old school baseball guy? like zaun wanted to be baseballs don cherry. Siddall does he have a Schtick or he will just be a good analyst?. very rarely listen to a radio call

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Please eloborate. Just about anyone is an upgrade on Zaun.

Lol

will siddall try and be loudest guy in the room old school baseball guy? like zaun wanted to be baseballs don cherry. Siddall does he have a Schtick or he will just be a good analyst?. very rarely listen to a radio call

His shtick is offering intelligent baseball opinion, stated clearly and concisely.

Reactions: Discoverer

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Of course a lot can change but MLBTR reporting that the Angels and Twins have indicated that they are done with their off-season moves.

I dont completely buy into projections wholeheartedly but for those that do FG has the Jays at 87 wins which is tied for 8th in the league with the Cards and good enough for the last Wildcard spot in the AL. Angels are next with 84 wins and the Twins are next with 82 wins.

Depth Charts » Projected Standings | FanGraphs Baseball

I see the Jays as a 85-86 win team. If they have the injuries that they had last year then they will be in the 70s no problem. If the Jays are healthy, get their normal production from key players and a few breakouts from guys like Sanchez, Grichuk and maybe some from the minors they could be pushing 90 or more wins. But as it stands health will be their biggest rivals in 2018 for a playoff spot as i dont see a team expected to be a huge concern for the last wildcard spot.

Edit: If the Jays have a hard time winning games vs the Rays and Baltimore then i can see them as a low 80s team even with health. That last wildcard spot in the AL may come down to how teams succeed against the lower level teams in their division (this is for the Jays or any others team in contention for a wildcard spot). Also worth noting that if the Jays are in a race they have the best farm out of the Angels, Twins, Mariners, A's, O's and Rays (due to the Honeywell injury). Can use some prospects to land an impending FA that may walk on a non playoff team.

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
oh man

DWwAe0BVwAA3tSk.jpg

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I wouldn't refer to Sanchez as a "breakout" per se. If he's simply healthy in 2017, it's a 4.6 fwar / 6.3 bWAR swing, conceivably. That alone makes the wretched 2017 team a contender for the second wildcard down to the final week of 2017.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The rotation will need to over achieve like they did two years ago for us to hit the 90 win mark

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
That title makes it sound like Zaun analyzes men. That’s a real different spin

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The rotation will need to over achieve like they did two years ago for us to hit the 90 win mark

The rotation needs to not over achieve, but only stay healthy, give us innings and everything else will take care of itself. Stroman, Estrada and Happ will only need to continue doing what they have over the past 3 seasons minus the injuries. That's not over achieving!!!!

Sanchez has to give us more then last season which isn't hard considering he pitched in only 30+ innings last season. And Garcia is an upgrade over anything we had in the #5 spot last season.

I wouldnt call anything over achieving as their careers have proven. If they all provide the career averages that isn't over achieving, and that in itself will keep us in the race to contend.

Sorry I don't buy into the over achieving business!!!

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Surprised at the optimism around here. I still think the lineup is not good enough to compete in the AL East this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad