GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Regarding our goaltender situation and barring injuries, I'm guessing Kahkonen will slot in as our backup to start the season and Milic will get the heavy workload with the Moose.

Comrie will be slathered with baby oil hoping to slide thru waivers to partner with Milic and DiVincentiis will be moved to our ECHL affiliate. Wow the letter i appears 4 times in DiVincentiis!

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Have the Jets seen enough, do they dare go with Salomomsson? Maybe they are not happy with either Fleury or Coghlan.
Coghlan I could see getting cut. Fleury has been ok. Samberg with Miller might be more of an opportunity for a shutdown pair, if they want to take Pionk out of that role. Salomonsson on his offside yet, didn't see that coming, but there must be something to it. He's the most talented defensemen out of Fleury, Coghlan and Lundmark. Can't say he's not getting a chance so far.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I like that they are doing Salo in the top 6. It makes sense if he did well over seas playing at a high level and perhaps the AHL isn't where he needs to be to develop further? It is good messaging to other prospects as well that the era of a rookie making the club is a long shot at best. There needs to be a narrative change and in order to retain talent the team needs to provide more opportunity than it has. That messaging is critical, especially with this younger generation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad