All Things Pegula 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

This is an interesting development to watch. Especially with the hints that something similar might happen on the Sabres side.

Whew, I wouldn't hire anyone from the Brewers. They struggle to fill their own barn despite being divisional champs most years.

But, I think this is almost certainly about selling suites/premium seats. The Bills aren't going to struggle to fill the "normal" seats, even at a higher price. Its filling the expensive seats. That is going to require courting businesses to make big investments, etc.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
also, this will obviously gain traction but this is embarrassing. You just put one of these guys on your alumni plaza art

View attachment 909595
You mean the nothingburger that Sabres twitter is making a big deal?

Chad D’s first two tweets on the subject are a prime example of the bullshit outrage machine Sabres twitter frequently is. It’s all about engagement. He knows it’s not a big deal but he has to troll with his first to get engagement before clarifying with the follow up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zman5778

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
There is nothing unusual about an owner sitting in on those meeting or participating in them. He also does it with the Bills.
Whatever you say. I really don’t care to discuss this anymore because opinions of one side or the other never gets changed.

Once we make the playoffs I’m sure the micro analyzing of what Terry does (that I’m guilty of myself) goes away.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
You mean the nothingburger that Sabres twitter is making a big deal?

Chad D’s first two tweets on the subject are a prime example of the bullshit outrage machine Sabres twitter frequently is. It’s all about engagement. He knows it’s not a big deal but he has to troll with his first to get engagement before clarifying with the follow up.

It isn't a nothingburger though.

The quality of the PbP suffers quite a bit with 'remote' calling. There is a noted delay and the announcers are limited to the what the camera shows. If you put a remote broadcast up against a live broadcast, you would see a noted difference. I will watch the home feed over the Sabres feed when they do 'remote' play by play like this. (though, to be fair, The broadcast has gotten bad enough that I will often opt for the home feed unless its a notoriously bad crew)

Either way, it's just another cost cutting measure. Whether its a big deal or not is up to the fans. Personally, I find it annoying to the point I will choose another broadcast when the option is available.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
If you’re not involved in decision making why do you need to be around all the time when decisions are being made?
You’re seriously asking why the dorky superfan owner of the team is sitting in on these meetings? You’re really lost in an echo chamber if think there is anything nefarious or unusual about this.

The funny thing is he doesn’t need to be at any of these meetings to have complete and total control over the team. So its somewhat baffling posters think his attendance means anything one way or the other.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
You’re seriously asking why the dorky superfan owner of the team is sitting in on these meetings? You’re really lost in an echo chamber if think there is anything nefarious or unusual about this.

The funny thing is he doesn’t need to be at any of these meetings to have complete and total control over the team. So its somewhat baffling posters think his attendance means anything one way or the other.
ok

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Whatever you say. I really don’t care to discuss this anymore because opinions of one side or the other never gets changed.
But I’m not giving an opinion. I’m stating fact. Team owners of all stripes (from micromanagers to hands off) have sat in on/participated in these types meetings. Doing that in and of itself is not evidence of being a micromanager. If it is, then Pegula must have an incredible football brain because he sits in on the Bills stuff and they’re doing quite well.
Once we make the playoffs I’m sure the micro analyzing of what Terry does (that I’m guilty of myself) goes away.
I don’t doubt you will. But as long as social media exists there will be this type of stuff.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
But I’m not giving an opinion. I’m stating fact. Team owners of all stripes (from micromanagers to hands off) have sat in on/participated in these types meetings. Doing that in and of itself is not evidence of being a micromanager. If it is, then Pegula must have an incredible football brain because he sits in on the Bills stuff and they’re doing quite well.

I don’t doubt you will. But as long as social media exists there will be this type of stuff.
Ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad