Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'm doubtful a deal around McGrorty happens today. For all the speculation about a high end 1st, I believe Jets org is looking more at a 1 for 1 prospect type trade (Drysdsle/Gauthier) to add to THIS core not the next core.
Disagree.

I think Chevy is discussing with the San Jose's and Buffalo's about their 1st rounder. If the player they want is gone and the player Chevy wants is available, a deal could be done on the draft floor.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sep 30, 2016
Maybe Chevy can reacquire both Laine and Trouba this offseason. :popcorn:

Lets add PLD to the list too.
were-putting-the-band-back-together-were-getting-back-together.gif

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Lets add PLD to the list too.
View attachment 888536
Bring back Wheeler and Kane while we're at it. And trade for Myers. And Bogo. Heck, even Chiarot can come back. Bitetto, anyone?

Next year's lineup:

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Laine PLD Ehlers
Kane Lowry Appleton
Glass Slater Thorburn

Morrissey Trouba
Chiarot Myers
Bitetto Bogosian

Hellebuyck Comrie

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Bring back Wheeler and Kane while we're at it. And trade for Myers. And Bogo. Heck, even Chiarot can come back. Bitetto, anyone?

Next year's lineup:

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Laine PLD Ehlers
Kane Lowry Appleton
Glass Slater Thorburn

Morrissey Trouba
Chiarot Myers
Bitetto Bogosian

Hellebuyck Comrie

Why would you prefer Bitetto over Buff? Come on now!

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba

Next year's lineup:

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Laine PLD Ehlers
Kane Lowry Appleton
Glass Slater Thorburn

Morrissey Trouba
Chiarot Myers
Bitetto Bogosian

Hellebuyck Comrie
GST Baby!

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This is not quite Chevy's tempo!
I believe Chevy said he was going to use draft picks to improve the team. He's going to get offers on the two players we know that Jets have on the market. If he can move Schmidt's salary there is quite a bit of room to manoeuver a different formation. I expect there are trades that don't really involve draft picks either, just a bunch of GMs looking to change up their teams, agents making plays for their clients.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Martin Necas: TSN's Pierre LeBrun reports one team has jumped to the head of the queue for the 25-year-old Carolina Hurricanes winger. This club is offering up a 2024 first-rounder, and LeBrun thinks they could be the one that completes a deal for Necas.

Then we know the team isn't the Jets.
Keep in mind that these things are leaked to solicit bigger bids. Chevy could very well be 2nd place with an offer that doesn’t have a 1st round puck, just like the Dubois deal. We know nothing, really.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Unless someone makes an offer that blows Chevy's socks off, he probably won't do anything. Ehlers is under contract for next season so it's not like he has to be moved immediately. And they do have McGroarty under control for 2 more years, so unless this relationship isn't repairable, I could see Chevy waiting.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I've been on the fence on this topic - but here's the thing, I think.
What if taking Laine as part of the deal (with a lot of retention) enables getting a Mateychuk, Sillinger or Jiricek?

I'm not interested in taking on Laine and all of his baggage just to get them to toss in a 2nd or 3rd rd pick. I'm only interested if Laine unlocks something much better.
100%. If Laine is a cap dump of sorts, and the Jets get a bonafide prospect or young player, then it is (maybe) worth the risk.

Mixed messages whether he can even be traded while in the program. Mixed messages whether Columbus is willing to dump the contract or if they want a hockey trade return.

Laine does not address issues about team speed or intensity at all. So does he make the Jets a better team? Is Laine + Jiricek better than having Ehlers + Monahan?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Unless someone makes an offer that blows Chevy's socks off, he probably won't do anything. Ehlers is under contract for next season so it's not like he has to be moved immediately. And they do have McGroarty under control for 2 more years, so unless this relationship isn't repairable, I could see Chevy waiting.
Finally a post I can believe.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'll take Trouba over Pionk or Schmidt any day of the week, and twice on game days.

Funny though. Right now New York has asked JT for his 15 team list and seem to want to move on. It’s pretty interesting how the guys that wanted out of Winnipeg have not really flourished.

Kane……..nope just more drama in Buffalo, SJ, and not really doing much in Edmonton, just kept being EK9 at each stop

Trouba was kind of a Nurse before Nurse, serviceable #4 that has become expendable in New York do to cap hit and fading game. They paid him to be a #1 and he was never that guy. Reminds me of Schmidt in the sense that they bring value but not for their cap hit.

Laine, oft injured, additional challenges, and now looking for this third fresh start.

PLD :help:

Makes me realize if they want out then history would tell us it might make sense to embrace it. :laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Funny though. Right now New York has asked JT for his 15 team list and seem to want to move on. It’s pretty interesting how the guys that wanted out of Winnipeg have not really flourished.

Kane……..nope just more drama in Buffalo, SJ, and not really doing much in Edmonton, just kept being EK9 at each stop

Trouba was kind of a Nurse before Nurse, serviceable #4 that has become expendable in New York do to cap hit and fading game. They paid him to be a #1 and he was never that guy. Reminds me of Schmidt in the sense that they bring value but not for their cap hit.

Laine, oft injured, additional challenges, and now looking for this third fresh start.

PLD :help:

Makes me realize if they want out then history would tell us it might make sense to embrace it. :laugh:
I've said it before: a player wanting out of Winnipeg is a sign of a deeper character flaw!

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
And LMFAO on Laine. There is no way Chevy is going to bring that guy back. Just let it go. All the talent in the world but didnt want to put in any effort whatsoever. Everyone elses fault around him. Never his. Demanding to play with so-and-so, sulking when he doesnt get his way. About 1000 red flags. Lazy entitled baby. No thanks.
So by all accounts I've read here, same as 50+% of the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad