Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
"Teams interested in Winnipeg’s Nikolaj Ehlers prefer to have a contract extension in place if they are paying the asking price, believed to be a young NHL forward and a first-round pick. The New York Islanders are among the teams interested."

it's pagnotta so grain of salt needs to be taken
Ekblad would sure look nice on the blueline. Pomo always seemed liked a fan of Heinola, maybe we could package him up.

If we could sign a Forbort type #6 as an upgrade on Stan I think we'd have the horses to go on a long playoff run (assuming Schmidt is bought out to afford Ekblad)

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Ekblad
Stanley - Pionk

Reactions: Buffdog

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
"Teams interested in Winnipeg’s Nikolaj Ehlers prefer to have a contract extension in place if they are paying the asking price, believed to be a young NHL forward and a first-round pick. The New York Islanders are among the teams interested."

it's pagnotta so grain of salt needs to be taken

Hmmm NYI eh?

They have 20th overall. No idea off hand what else we would target.

Ekblad would sure look nice on the blueline. Pomo always seemed liked a fan of Heinola, maybe we could package him up.

If we could sign a Forbort type #6 as an upgrade on Stan I think we'd have the horses to go on a long playoff run (assuming Schmidt is bought out to afford Ekblad)

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Ekblad
Stanley - Pionk

I don't see Ekblad signing here long term but I could be wrong.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
21 year old centre, 6ft 200 lbs, 220 games of NHL experience already. Put up 6 less points last year than the Jets 2nd/4th line/PB winger, on a worse team, so you have to avoid typecasts when talking about young players.

He played 6 more games and almost 3 minutes more per game. Given his usage those numbers aren't very good. But yes he's a young player and some upside. He's not who I'd want from Columbus though as I don't see a very high ceiling. I want the Dub dmen who I think has number 1 potential.

Hmmm NYI eh?

They have 20th overall. No idea off hand what else we would target.

I don't see Ekblad signing here long term but I could be wrong.

He played junior with Mark so maybe he can convince him

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He played junior with Mark so maybe he can convince him

Its possible but I think he'll have quite a few suitors in FA.

Aren't Hellebuyck and Ekblad tight?

Ekblad would raise our defence to an incredible level....

Honestly I thought he was one of Floridas weakest dmen. Which is why they are willing to move on.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeah, reading Panthers fan forums and it seems like Ekblad has really cratered recently and is living off his reputation
Maybe we could swap him for Pionk then, two RHD with 1 year left who have cratered in recent times.

Pionk had his career season playing under Pomo, I also remember Pomo specifically saying he wanted Pionk in the Trouba trade

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I just looked cat Ekblad's numbers and offensively not so great but I will stand by his defence. I wonder how many injuries he has been dealing with as he played 51 games this year.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
21 year old centre, 6ft 200 lbs, 220 games of NHL experience already. Put up 6 less points last year than the Jets 2nd/4th line/PB winger, on a worse team, so you have to avoid typecasts when talking about young players.
Would you rank someone that has averaged 28 points per season over those 220 games higher than a 3C?

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
As for all the Laine talk, no thanks. I say this as a HUGE fan of his while he was here.

Of course he still holds Winnipeg in high regard. Those we’re the best days of his career.

The Jets roster needs reconstruction, not reassembling the old band that didn’t work.

Reactions: Luc Labelle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad