All-Purpose News Thread Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
qhjVbG3LfPwXV57Lm9YsNcO4muHIZIHQwTQ3Eg1im5RVuy5BKRT05kUiCzMkVRrLMZT-WPSBJa8ML6o=s1024-rw-nd-v1
This the kid that pinned Excalibur as a baby? That’s f***ing wild that he’s so much bigger than his dad

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I’ve never been to Indianapolis but it feels like the biggest nothing city in the US. There’s no reason to be there other than something happened to be there. Good news for Pat McAfee though.

Went there in April for a concert and you're spot on.

A local I chatted up even said, on a map it looks bigger than it actually is. You'd think there's millions of people there but ITB there's less than two million.

Said concert was at Lucas Oil, that's a fantastic venue. Easy to get to, enough parking around and for those staying downtown, it's there. Right off I-70 too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Went there in April for a concert and you're spot on.

A local I chatted up even said, on a map it looks bigger than it actually is. You'd think there's millions of people there but ITB there's less than two million.

Said concert was at Lucas Oil, that's a fantastic venue. Easy to get to, enough parking around and for those staying downtown, it's there. Right off I-70 too.
Do they even have an accent?

Like Detroit and Chicago you can tell. Or Kentucky and further south. Never heard of an Indianapolis accent though.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Do they even have an accent?

Like Detroit and Chicago you can tell. Or Kentucky and further south. Never heard of an Indianapolis accent though.

Nope, the most you'll hear is a southern accent from transplants. I was actually there with some of my family from Kentucky and they even joked that everyone there sounded "normal"

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Apparently KO and Samis contracts are up this year...AEW has prepared contracts for their agents when they're allowed

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Apparently KO and Samis contracts are up this year...AEW has prepared contracts for their agents when they're allowed
According to KO himself, his contract runs out early next year.

In May:

“I really don’t take anything for granted, I’ve nine months left on my contact, and I don’t know what can happen from here on out.”

As far as what’s next in his career? KO has a hard time imagining himself anywhere other than the place he’s been for more than a decade:

“This has been my home for 10 years and it’s beyond the locker room. There’s some very, very, very special people that work behind the scenes that I’ve become very close with, and I really can’t imagine not seeing them as part of my life.”

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Feel like this just happened with their contracts

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Feel like this just happened with their contracts

Same, has it really been that long? I guess it has since I recall they resigned a few months before Mania 38.

People were saying what a mistake they both made but then KO main evented against Austin and Sami went in to join the Bloodline later that year.

I would be surprised if either leaves unless WWE gets cheap on them or if one of them really wants to do the lighter schedule.

Reactions: Fro

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Expect that no matter where they go, both are gonna use AEW as a bargaining chip at the least. They'd be stupid not to.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them stay or go, honestly. Though I do think there's been a change in the tide in the last 6 months. WWE's done a hell of a lot better job presenting/building stars, and AEW has largely missed their big gets with Edge/Mercedes/Okada. Ospreay, to their credit, has done well so far.

I think one of the big things is, what's your selling point to either of them? Both probably realize there's a slim shot of them winning a world title anymore. Both have main evented Wrestlemania, KO against Stone Cold. There's not a lot of accomplishment you can sell them on, so you're probably gonna have to be comparable to AEW in money or schedule.

But I'd be legitimately concerned about some of the dumb shit KO would do without a leash on in AEW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Expect that no matter where they go, both are gonna use AEW as a bargaining chip at the least. They'd be stupid not to.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them stay or go, honestly. Though I do think there's been a change in the tide in the last 6 months. WWE's done a hell of a lot better job presenting/building stars, and AEW has largely missed their big gets with Edge/Mercedes/Okada. Ospreay, to their credit, has done well so far.

I think one of the big things is, what's your selling point to either of them? Both probably realize there's a slim shot of them winning a world title anymore. Both have main evented Wrestlemania, KO against Stone Cold. There's not a lot of accomplishment you can sell them on, so you're probably gonna have to be comparable to AEW in money or schedule.

But I'd be legitimately concerned about some of the dumb shit KO would do without a leash on in AEW.
What? They haven’t missed at all.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What? They haven’t missed at all.

Yes. They are big stars, presented as big stars, and are drawing big considering the money that was spent. :sarcasm:

I personally love how Okada was chased as one of the best wrestlers in the world and is tagging along with the ratings killers to say "Bitch" as a comedy spot, rather than actually doing something meaningful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad