Rumor: ALL PURPOSE JT MILLER THREAD - New Update - (Post #1123)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
as I've said in the previous Miller thread,
Kakko/Kravtsov + Schneider/Lundkvist + 20231st

J.T. Miller comes back to NYR with no extension in place however. We'll figure that out next summer and I think it's the proper upgrade over either Strome or Copp. It's a risk but I think even after giving up some of these assets the team is still vastly more solidified than during this past run. This version of Miller fixes a ton of holes and instantly does to this Rangers team what Kadri did with COL.
For the Rangers there will be "THE TRADE" either this summer, deadline, or next summer. It will happen eventually and it's probably going to end up being for either Patty Kane or Miller
Woah… ok slow down. I’m sorry but we don’t just “figure it out” when we are Trading Kakko+ Schneider+. Even if it’s just one of those 2

It’s certainly an upgrade but are we really a JT away from winning? That’s assuming he plays to last years level which we don’t know.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Woah… ok slow down. I’m sorry but we don’t just “figure it out” when we are Trading Kakko+ Schneider+. Even if it’s just one of those 2

It’s certainly an upgrade but are we really a JT away from winning? That’s assuming he plays to last years level which we don’t know.
rangers could certainly benefit from 5v5 help considering their absymal stats in that regard

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
rangers could certainly benefit from 5v5 help considering their absymal stats in that regard

Of course, without a question. But is it really worth the cost it will take when you consider he almost certainly can’t be resigned? Also consider the age of JT. Doesn’t exactly line up with NYR.

He’s a player they can certainly use and frankly one they desperately need. But they need that player a few years younger and signed a couple years. Pipe dream and not realistic ik. But that’s the case

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Not enough IMO. Lorio and either their(wpg) 2nd or 1st this year would need to be there.

Connor McMichael
2023 1st
Lorio
2022 1st

Miller(50%)
DiPietro

They get a true 1c for Ovi this year and have cap space to add another high end piece to really go for it.
Man this might be one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen in my life.

Let’s start with; “What’s the purpose of Dipietro here?” The Capitals could just sign any of the three 3 goalies they rostered this year before bringing in a guy who’s trending towards Career-AHLer.

Miller is 29 and signed for one (1) season without an extension you’re not getting anywhere near the equivalent of four (4) 1st Rd picks for him. That’s just completely ignorant.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I can't hear you because I borrowed that 80 year old mans stanley cup rings and plugged my ears.

well the habs have actually won some of their own 👍

They hired about 10 new people in front office. And that 80 yr old man has shown more competence than Benning showed in 8 yrs so forgive us if we are excited about our new management.

he won a fluke cup that he couldn’t sustain and won with two (inherited) franchise centres

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Man this might be one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen in my life.

Let’s start with; “What’s the purpose of Dipietro here?” The Capitals could just sign any of the three 3 goalies they rostered this year before bringing in a guy who’s trending towards Career-AHLer.

Miller is 29 and signed for one (1) season without an extension you’re not getting anywhere near the equivalent of four (4) 1st Rd picks for him. That’s just completely ignorant.
I left Dipietro in as he was part of the other deal. I see Miller as having around 3 1sts in value if traded. retaining 50% IMO adds at least a 2nd, if not a 1st to that. Lorio I don't see as a 1st in value. Miller at 2.6ish per season is the best cap to production that exists outside an ELC. Gives Washington cap to add another top 6 piece with Backstrom on LTIR. This is not an overpayment.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I left Dipietro in as he was part of the other deal. I see Miller as having around 3 1sts in value if traded. retaining 50% IMO adds at least a 2nd, if not a 1st to that. Lorio I don't see as a 1st in value. Miller at 2.6ish per season is the best cap to production that exists outside an ELC. Gives Washington cap to add another top 6 piece with Backstrom on LTIR. This is not an overpayment.
It’s a dramatic overpayment and completely unrealistic. Be prepared to be underwhelmed.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Not sure who this Lorio guy is but if you're referring to Vincent Iorio(whom clearly you know nothing about), him plus our top prospect and two 1st rounders is an insane overpayment. You're gonna be one sad puppy if you really think JTM is going to net a return like that. Don't even think you'd get that at deadline prices let alone off-season prices.

Realistically you could probably pull Lapierre or Alexeyev and a 2nd(46th overall) from us. Maybe Lars Eller in there as well to give you another piece to flip at the deadline since he's an impending UFA and has playoff heroics history. This also does the job of canceling retention.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
he won a fluke cup that he couldn’t sustain and won with two (inherited) franchise centres

We just witnessed a poorly managed team with 2 franchise centers in the conference finals. No automatic cup there.

In any case, Rutherford is the President and responsible for structuring and managing hockey ops.

If you're so bent on getting at Nuck fans you should direct your misguided wisdom towards Patrik Alvin, the actual General Manager.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Not sure who this Lorio guy is but if you're referring to Vincent Iorio(whom clearly you know nothing about), him plus our top prospect and two 1st rounders is an insane overpayment. You're gonna be one sad puppy if you really think JTM is going to net a return like that. Don't even think you'd get that at deadline prices let alone off-season prices.

Realistically you could probably pull Lapierre or Alexeyev and a 2nd(46th overall) from us. Maybe Lars Eller in there as well to give you another piece to flip at the deadline since he's an impending UFA and has playoff heroics history. This also does the job of canceling retention.
And the Canucks will trade you dipietro lockwood and a 2nd for Ovechkin if you retain 40% of his contract.

Get outta here man come on, to suggest that an unknown left shooting centre that's done exactly nothing yet in the league, and yet another slow left shooting defenseman plus a 2nd is worth. the single most intriguing asset available on the market at his cap hit for even a year is beyond insulting to the GM in charge and pretty much every hockey fan.

Toffoli, Copp, Chiarot, Giroux all go better returns than that this year alone at the TDL

it's actually worse than the "josh anderson is worth the 5th overall" crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad