Speculation: All-Purpose Expansion Talk Thread v2.0 (Protected/Exposed List in OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
We still need him if we're trading Scandella to clear cap space.

Maybe... I just didn't see anything proposed with Scandella that would actually bring some real cap relief. Unless of course its' him and Pommer going to MTL or something somehow

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i wish we didnt lose tuch but did we really have future roster spots for all 6 promising forward prospects? JEE; KUNIN; KAPRIZOV; GREENWAY ; SOKOLOV. all could be 20G scorers. gotta find a way to cap dump pommer & keep our D intact. im sure fletch will try his best to do that.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
So in keeping our top 5 intact it cost us Haula(not part of our future plans), Tuch(redundant) & conditional pick. That is more than decent.

While it does suck losing Tuch(ha!), he's is probably the most expendable of our blue chip prospects. He is the classic power forward. Those players take the longest to develop. We've got our Tuch-like player in Charlie Coyle already developed. Plus Coyle is on a great contract.

Haula is another loss. If JEE shows he is #3C ready, then Haula's absence really shouldn't be noticed. I don't think it is a stretch at all to think Ek is ready.

All thing being equal I think this was the best case scenario that could realistically be expected. Excellent job Fletcher.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So in keeping our top 5 intact it cost us Haula(not part of our future plans), Tuch(redundant) & conditional pick. That is more than decent.

While it does suck losing Tuch(ha!), he's is probably the most expendable of our blue chip prospects. He is the classic power forward. Those players take the longest to develop. We've got our Tuch-like player in Charlie Coyle already developed. Plus Coyle is on a great contract.

Haula is another loss. If JEE shows he is #3C ready, then Haula's absence really shouldn't be noticed. I don't think it is a stretch at all to think Ek is ready.

All thing being equal I think this was the best case scenario that could realistically be expected. Excellent job Fletcher.
Actually, WE get the conditional pick! ;)

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
I have to imagine Fletcher had a good deal for at least one, probably two, defenseman in order to pull off haula+tuch. If not mcphee would've called cf's bluff on trading guys away to prevent anyone other than maybe staal being exposed.

The question is if we can still pull off a a big deal (ie brodin+ for dichene plz) after the draft while still shedding cap or if we have to settle for scandella for futures+ maybe a cheap depth forward. If duchene or galchenyuk come back we'd be desperate to unload poms and would have to take a loss on him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have to imagine Fletcher had a good deal for at least one, probably two, defenseman in order to pull off haula+tuch. If not mcphee would've called cf's bluff on trading guys away to prevent anyone other than maybe staal being exposed.

The question is if we can still pull off a a big deal (ie brodin+ for dichene plz) after the draft while still shedding cap or if we have to settle for scandella for futures+ maybe a cheap depth forward. If duchene or galchenyuk come back we'd be desperate to unload poms and would have to take a loss on him.

I think you called it.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm at T-Mobile arena right now for the Awards/Expansion Draft.

First impression of the arena is the seating is fairly similar to the X, but it doesn't look like there's as much seating. The section behind the stage looks like there's pretty limited seating and the seats behind the "goal" that I can see aren't on the glass. The concourse also doesn't wrap all the way around which is weird to me being used to the X. Everything is obviously fancy as hell, but I'm not super impressed at first visit.

Edit: looks like they can add seats on the ends

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm at T-Mobile arena right now for the Awards/Expansion Draft.

First impression of the arena is the seating is fairly similar to the X, but it doesn't look like there's as much seating. The section behind the stage looks like there's pretty limited seating and the seats behind the "goal" that I can see aren't on the glass. The concourse also doesn't wrap all the way around which is weird to me being used to the X. Everything is obviously fancy as hell, but I'm not super impressed at first visit.

My favorite place in Vegas to eat is Ellis Island. $10 steak meal and cheap crafted local beers.

Enjoy the show, I got told I couldn't go by the wife. :rant:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Wow, thought the Caps would try to protect Schmidt... Guess they couldn't swing a deal.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Hearing some interesting names leaked/speculated going to Vegas...

David Perron, Jon Merrill, Nate Schmidt. I thought New Jersey had plenty of protection slots? Apparently not.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah I posted that before I knew. Even more bonus. I don't know what McPhee's plan is, but it is looking pretty stupid so far.

Remember, on the days leading up to the freeze, the Wild had several quality offers on the table - reportedly for both Brodin and Scandella. It's possible Fletcher had two that he liked well enough to pull the trigger on, before going to GMGM and giving an ultimatum. "Either you deal with us at a discount for a player of our choosing, or we take these two deals and you get less to choose from and less assets from our team from the ED."

Considering how we seem to have gotten away with a steal, that's the only way I can see how!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad