Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Last edited:
Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Resigned at the end of 2023. He had been with the team since inception in '96 and, as far as I'm aware, Meruelo is the only owner he's publicly spoken poorly of.
Speaking of taking it with a grain of salt.;) Look, I just want my team back, and I could care less who the owner is. I just can't believe there are other potential groups (plural) interested in the Coyote's and arena fiasco. What a joke everything is. Embarrassing.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Rich Nairn folks…. The one guy who’s got to be holding back a LOT here.

View attachment 885307

Nairn has access to a whole warehouse full of skeletons... Meruelo may not know hockey very well but he should know business well enough that you don't piss off a guy who a) knows his shit and b) knows everyone else's.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Speaking of taking it with a grain of salt.;)
The guy worked for 7 different ownership groups. Meruelo was the one that caused him to resign and the only one he speaks poorly of. I think that justifies more than a grain of salt. I stuck up for Meruelo in regards to the auction being cancelled but not on this one.

I'm not biased to always slam Meruelo but I will when it applies. At some point you just can't ignore the noise any longer as it continues to pile up. That's just putting your fingers into your ears and doing the "la la la la la la" thing.

I just want my team back, and I could care less who the owner is. I just can't believe there are other potential groups (plural) interested in the Coyote's and arena fiasco. What a joke everything is. Embarrassing.
I feel the same way. I just wish AM would succeed and disappear while giving the team everything they need.

As for Nairn's actual comments, I also find it hard to believe that after years and years of trying to find a decent owner that now all of a sudden there's multiple. Unless the NHL being chained to Glendale was the main reason there wasn't any interest before now. Still, like you said I can't see anyone looking at how far Meruelo has gotten (nowhere) and wanting a crack at it themselves any time soon. :dunno:

Edit: But I don't think that Nairn is full of shit either. I don't know what to think.

Last edited:
Reactions: schuknowit

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Arizona politics at its best. The 3 cities strong armed the State. Phoenix and Glendale to protect their arenas from competition, Scottsdale doing a NIMBY. If athe NHL doesn’t return to Glendale, the cities won’t let it return at all.

So glad I’m changing residency to New Hampshire.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Uncle Gary when he visits the Meruelos

200w.gif

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The guy worked for 7 different ownership groups. Meruelo was the one that caused him to resign and the only one he speaks poorly of. I think that justifies more than a grain of salt. I stuck up for Meruelo in regards to the auction being cancelled but not on this one.

I'm not biased to always slam Meruelo but I will when it applies. At some point you just can't ignore the noise any longer as it continues to pile up. That's just putting your fingers into your ears and doing the "la la la la la la" thing.

I feel the same way. I just wish AM would succeed and disappear while giving the team everything they need.

As for Nairn's actual comments, I also find it hard to believe that after years and years of trying to find a decent owner that now all of a sudden there's multiple. Unless the NHL being chained to Glendale was the main reason there wasn't any interest before now. Still, like you said I can't see anyone looking at how far Meruelo has gotten (nowhere) and wanting a crack at it themselves any time soon. :dunno:

Edit: But I don't think that Nairn is full of shit either. I don't know what to think.
Does anyone know where Rich Nairn is now?

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
MSN

"Phoenix Councilman Jim Waring, whose district the proposed arena would be in, said Friday that the Coyotes should "get a zoning attorney. They don't have one. Get in the city, come up with a plan and go through the process. Then buy it."

It's not good that AM is already threatening potential legal action against the people he needs cooperation from. Especially when he isn't hiring the right people that are actually in the know and could've avoided this situation. That's on him, not CoP.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Yeah, Craig went off, was kinda fun. I don't agree with his statement that we were told the land was zoned already, we weren't, we were told that the facility that was to be built in N. Phx. was the same situation..... Craig did eventually allude to that, but his initial statement was wrong and it was always a potential problem.

Them not having a zoning attorney is damning. All those months wasted. We’re such f***ing fools thinking they could ever get this done.
Definitely and that is part of the due diligence I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad