Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crewouse

Mar 30, 2016
Anyone speak Norwegian? No mention of San Jose, mentions Chicago twice. (Link to my post in this thread, with a link in there to a short Tiktok interview with MBN).

EDIT: with some light translation on Google, he said he thinks he'll be drafted by Chicago, Detroit, or Calgary, his favorite team is Washington because of Ovie, and that he would love to be drafted by an original 6 team, so maybe Chicago because he's talked to them a lot.

The first segment is about the teams he has talked to the most (CHI, DET, CGY). The rest of the google translate is correct except he doesn't really say that he would love to be drafted by an OG6 team, just that it would be cool.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I'm starting to really want MBN or Sojlberg at 14. Neither will be huge game breakers...but they'll make us way harder to play against. Celebrini and Smith can hopefully get us to the playoffs once they develop in the league...we need players to win us some games in the playoffs too.
I'm an unabashed Norway fan for 14. I'd be excited for either MBN or Solberg. Watching Solberg highlights, he's way more puck skilled than the narrative. Scored two nice goals in the WJC, has some moxie on breakouts that he needs to hone, is a great skater, and is tough and mean. He's raw but feels to me like he has a lot of potential. If we go F instead, then MBN feels like another Zetterlund style middle 6 banger who could play the power winger role for either Smith or Macklin.

Last edited:

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
I'm an unabashed Norway fan for 14. I'd be excited for either MBN or Solberg. Watching Solberg highlights, he's way more puck skilled than the narrative. Scored two nice goals in the WJC, has some moxie on breakouts that he needs to hone, is a great skater, and is tough and mean. He's raw but feels to me like he has a lot of potential. If we go F instead, then MBN feels like another Zetterberg style middle 6 banger who could play the power winger role for either Smith or Macklin.
Zetterlund?

Reactions: coooldude

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
This whole "let's get rid of rounds 5-7 in the draft" thing is going to kill off things like @The Nemesis 's trade web/push pins with string things.

NemBeAllLike2.gif

as seen here ^^

Those late picks getting traded with other players and picks cause links between those picks and players. When those picks happen to hit they can really extend the life of the webs/strings... I'm not sure what to call them/it.

If those players, that would have hit on a 5th-7th round pick, just sign as free agents it seems a little less likely some of these strings really grow and continue throughout for years or decades.

Also, how are GMs supposed to even out trades w/o needing to shuffle contract and have potential slot issues getting fair value?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
This whole "let's get rid of rounds 5-7 in the draft" thing is going to kill off things like @The Nemesis 's trade web/push pins with string things.

View attachment 882381

as seen here ^^

Those late picks getting traded with other players and picks cause links between those picks and players. When those picks happen to hit they can really extend the life of the webs/strings... I'm not sure what to call them/it.

If those players, that would have hit on a 5th-7th round pick, just sign as free agents it seems a little less likely some of these strings really grow and continue throughout for years or decades.

Also, how are GMs supposed to even out trades w/o needing to shuffle contract and have potential slot issues getting fair value?
Yeah I hate the idea of making the draft smaller. Even though the sharks have no issue signing those FA guys, I just feel like it gives the Rangers and Leafs such a leg up on some of the league

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Yeah I hate the idea of making the draft smaller. Even though the sharks have no issue signing those FA guys, I just feel like it gives the Rangers and Leafs such a leg up on some of the league
I think it might cause more of these undrafted-but-probably-would-have-been-drafted players to hit the Euro leagues instead of signing on for the AHL.

Might lose some guys forever, can you imagine if Pavs went to play in the SHL instead of being drafted by any NHL team? He decides he loves it there and never plays in the NHL... Could open up some bidding war situations since draft status defines many of the cross-league agreements.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Just finished my rankings. I went 45 cause the Sharks last pick in their first 2 rounds is 42. No Connelly for non-hockey-reasons, no goalies cause i have no idea.

If it shakes out like that (which it will not), Sharks would get Celebrini, Dickinson, Hutson and Boisvert.

1. Celebrini
2. Lindstrom
3. Demidov
4. Buium
5. Parekh
6. Levshunov
7. Iginla
8. Sennecke
9. Silayev
10. Catton
11. Helenius
12. Brandsegg-Nyggard
13. Yakemchuk
14. Dickinson
15. Eiserman
16. Chernyshov
17. Ritchie
18. Hage
19. Brunicke
20. Greentree
21. Luchanko
22. Solberg
23. Elick
24. Emery
25. Badinka
26. Letourneau
27. Poirier
28. Stiga
29. Artamanov
30. Basha
31. Smith
32. Freij
33. Hutson
34. Jiricek
35. Surin
36. Hemming
37. Petterson
38. Vanacker
39. Beaudoin
40. Mews
41. Pulkkinen
42. Boisvert
43. Parascak
44. Montgomery
45. Misa

Reactions: OversKy

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I know Ive said it before but after how ass this year was if SJ was picking 2nd id be so bummed. TBH picks 2-8 literally all look the same to me. Demidov playing at a low low level in Russia, all the d men having sizable holes in their games. Im sure there's a star or two between Demidov and Buium but it's hard to tell. Thoughts and prayers to those scouts picking 2/3/4 haha
Slightly off topic, but that's why I'm still very happy to stand pat at #5 for Montreal and I'm content with #14 for SJ. At both spots, there IS going to be a good player available. Obviously development/bust factor plays a role, but I'm not paying much to move up from either spot because there's a good chance the player(s) you're targeting are available anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad