AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I’m behind. Briscoe over Cage is s choice. Him and Gates of Agony had some TV time the past couple weeks then he loses to Briscoe who may not have been on AEW TV for weeks. If they want Briscoe in the ladder match there are many other people he could have beaten instead of Cage.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I cannot wait for my mind to be blown by the epic storytelling set up with this current gimmick for Jericho. I'm an unabashed Jericho fan, but this is beyond bad and I just can't see where it's going.

Reactions: SnS

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Saraya can still go. That was a good match.

Ospreay and Fenix is something I thought about as soon as the former signed. If they have chemistry, that could be extraordinary. Can’t wait for next week.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I’m behind. Briscoe over Cage is s choice. Him and Gates of Agony had some TV time the past couple weeks then he loses to Briscoe who may not have been on AEW TV for weeks. If they want Briscoe in the ladder match there are many other people he could have beaten instead of Cage.
I was rooting for Briscoe as he's one of my faves in AEW, but I agree. Went over him clean as well. Wonder if Cage is in the doghouse.

Reactions: yahhockey

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Cage has never been pushed other than briefly when he debuted with Taz, which was 4 years ago

I don't mind Cage but I don't consider myself a big fan. But it's hard to believe he couldn't find a better deal than being a glorified JTTS in AEW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't mind Cage but I don't consider myself a big fan. But it's hard to believe he couldn't find a better deal than being a glorified JTTS in AEW.
I mean, he’s 40 and hasn’t gotten there. Everyone knows who he is and no one’s put him there besides TNA.

Reactions: SnS

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
well briscoe is there roh world champ so they gotta push him abit. and cage been jobber for years there lower mid card even in his pushes besides his debut for few months when he was close to the top of card.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
AEW has hired MJF's girlfriend as a backstage interviewer.

from sescoops.com:

Fans can expect to see much more of Alicia Atout on All Elite Wrestling programming after she revealed that she is now 'All Elite.'

After the June 5, episode of AEW Dynamite, Atout appeared in a Digital Exclusive which saw her interview Mark Briscoe. The reigning Ring of Honor World Champion qualified for the TNT Championship Ladder match at AEWxNJPW: Forbidden Door, with a victory over Brian Cage.

Atout appeared at the inaugural All In event in 2018, which would serve as a proof of concept that wrestling could be sustainable outside WWE, leading to the formation of AEW. In 2019, Atout again appeared, this time at the inaugural Double or Nothing event. Later on, she worked for Major League Wrestling before leaving that company in 2023. She has also worked for IMPACT Wrestling/TNA Wrestling.

Her new role with AEW will allow her the opportunity to spend more time with her boyfriend MJF. The former AEW World Champion returned to AEW programming at Double or Nothing and was also on this week's episode of AEW Dynamite.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

from sescoops.com:

Fans can expect to see much more of Alicia Atout on All Elite Wrestling programming after she revealed that she is now 'All Elite.'

After the June 5, episode of AEW Dynamite, Atout appeared in a Digital Exclusive which saw her interview Mark Briscoe. The reigning Ring of Honor World Champion qualified for the TNT Championship Ladder match at AEWxNJPW: Forbidden Door, with a victory over Brian Cage.

Atout appeared at the inaugural All In event in 2018, which would serve as a proof of concept that wrestling could be sustainable outside WWE, leading to the formation of AEW. In 2019, Atout again appeared, this time at the inaugural Double or Nothing event. Later on, she worked for Major League Wrestling before leaving that company in 2023. She has also worked for IMPACT Wrestling/TNA Wrestling.

Her new role with AEW will allow her the opportunity to spend more time with her boyfriend MJF. The former AEW World Champion returned to AEW programming at Double or Nothing and was also on this week's episode of AEW Dynamite.

hopefully things turn out better than when WWE hired Vince's "girlfriend"

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's

from sescoops.com:

Tits McGee!!

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought he was engaged to some other girl from Long Island

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Mercedes making up for lost time since being signed

I just don't understand AEW's buildups.

Pump up big PPV matches (Ospreay v Swerve, Mercedes v Vaquer) but then make their champions defend their titles in matches in between the PPV matches. Like, it's to nobody's surprise that Swerve vs Strong was going to end with Strong losing. Without that surprise then what keeps your average fan tuned in?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just don't understand AEW's buildups.

Pump up big PPV matches (Ospreay v Swerve, Mercedes v Vaquer) but then make their champions defend their titles in matches in between the PPV matches. Like, it's to nobody's surprise that Swerve vs Strong was going to end with Strong losing. Without that surprise then what keeps your average fan tuned in?
Plays into the talk that they know where the PPV’s are going, but not the weekly shows.

Wait that is a belt for belt match? So they are putting the Strong title back on Mercedes?
Mercedes never had that one

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad