Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
quick question:
I wonder if there's a difference of opinion about what futures you'd sell for a rental based on our ages?
Like if a fan remembers Sinden (whom was one of the all-time great GMs - wanted to make sure I never cut him down) and remembers those years when The Bruins appeared to be just one more impact player away and he'd kinda go a little cheaper and not get them over the top.
Or if you're a bit younger and your experience is more in The Cap era which coincides with tonnes of on-line information, Pens/Hawks build through the draft idea, and this more kind of long view of being a fan. - not sure how to say it properly.

I’m a Sinden Trade Deadline Trauma survivor.

There was a time where if HF boards existed 40% of those here would consider it a sacrilege to suggest trading John Rohloff or Cam Stewart.

Odds are that only one of Studnicka, Beecher, Frederic, Lauzon, Vaak or Zboril ends up making a significant impact.

And I’m saying this right now, while at least 2-3 of them have actually shown some promise at the NHL level.

As crazy as it might seem, I’m jaded enough that I wouldn’t bet $500 that BJork plays 6 more years in the NHL or ever cracks 25 goals.

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Like last year, I think we need two guys. Palmieri and Foligno are my top two picks...

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Foligno-Krejci-Palmieri
DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom/Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner

Heinen, Vaak & Fitzgerald for Palmieri

2nd for Foligno

That's a good lineup, Sweeney keeps his 1st.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Shouldn't fans take an optimistic stance on their own prospects? Can we call them busts when they bust? I mean Zboril may be in that territory and I'm not going to argue that, but couldn't Frederic maybe be a poor man's David Backes? Beecher a poor man's Chris Kreider? Vaak maybe a left handed version of Carlo? Lauzon a Boychuk/Miller type that is very good killing penalties and physical? Lauko another Bjorkstrand? Steen a right handed Axelsson? Maybe Curtis Hall develops into a Josh Anderson type?
Optimistic yes but also realistic. I love Frederic, I don't think he will ever score 20 goals in a season in the league, I like Senyshyn but I'm not sure he will play 100 NHL games total in his career, Studnicka looks like a legit number two center, what happens when he starts shooting on the best 30 goalies in the world and not AHL goalies. I thought Cameron Mann was going to score 30 and be a monster, Sean Brown was going to be a mini Scott Stevens. I learned to never overrate a prospect and a guy looking great in the AHL or juniors is no way guaranteed a good or any career in the NHL. (Except Frederic, gonna be Tom Wilson lite;))

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Like last year, I think we need two guys. Palmieri and Foligno are my top two picks...

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Foligno-Krejci-Palmieri
DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork

2nd for Foligno

Nick or Marcus? Marcus is not a second line player and Nick's cap hit is too high. Love the Palmieri deal

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I’m a Sinden Trade Deadline Trauma survivor.

There was a time where if HF boards existed 40% of those here would consider it a sacrilege to suggest trading John Rohloff or Cam Stewart.

Odds are that only one of Studnicka, Beecher, Frederic, Lauzon, Vaak or Zboril ends up making a significant impact.

And I’m saying this right now, while at least 2-3 of them have actually shown some promise at the NHL level.

As crazy as it might seem, I’m jaded enough that I wouldn’t bet $500 that BJork plays 6 more years in the NHL or ever cracks 25 goals.

I do wonder that about ages. You and I would've grown up were the Bruins were in the playoffs every year which I've always agreed with and had some incredible teams that unfortunately ran into a few powerhouses along the way. But there's also this part of it that when you have that team - you have to go for it. You just have to. I personally never bad mouth Sinden as I think he did an incredible job - however there were years were you just banged your head against the wall wishing for that one extra guy ... and just not getting him - and it cost them Cups - no doubt.

quick nod to Chiarelli. HF was around when he traded guys like Kalus, Karsums, Lashoff, Colborne, a mid-first (Forbort)(although Tarasenko was drafted right then also) - and wasted the future on guys like Recchi, Horton, Campbell, Seidenberg and Fernandez.

I like Bjork as a player but... ? Jaded enough that I don't take that bet. - and goes with most of the kids. - although I do think of the 6 prospects you mentioned that with the way this roster is set up, 3 centres and 3 LHD, you might see a couple of them come through, but I get your point. Just that there's an easy way for things to fall (Chara retires, Krug leaves, Grz is picked up in expansion) that those three could honestly be your whole left side in two years.

I'm also optimistic enough to think that if you move some of your prospects, picks, that this team has earned my trust enough (and that it's a big market, rich, O6 team) that they're going to replace what they lose one way or another.

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What about Pageau? I don't know how much wing he's played, but the rest of his resume is pretty impressive. Good two-way player, hits, steps up the offense in the playoffs...

these were a few responses on pageau as a winger from sens fans:

He has on occasion, but not really for an extended period. His strengths are really more suited to playing center imo. He's never going to be a scoring winger, he's a defensive minded center that can provide offense.

No he is one hundred per cent a centre and his value would be vastly reduced on the wing.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I forgot to mention also that Bjork gets no PP time, either.

As for the bolded, I think that the cup window closed last year (and the stars certainly aligned for the team in not having to play Tampa and Washington in the playoffs, which won't happen again, I'd think). Trading for a Kreider, Toffoli, etc. will ultimately be for naught, and Boston should instead begin a minor retool going forward.

In fairness, I think we have said the Cup window has closed like 5 different times since 2013 and yet they are right back to being a top top contender.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
You may be right. I'd be pretty disappointed if he walked away from Kreider because it cost a 1st. The difference between what Kreider can bring and what guys like Kase bring is pretty significant IMO.

kreider is gonna be tough to get. i don't see it as sweeney's unwillingness to move a 1st, it's more
that he'll be up against 8-9 teams to get it done. the 1st is just a start, it's gonna take a good prospect
to get this done as well. i'd be ok moving someone in the zboril range (B/C prospects) but giving
up one of our top 4-5 guys along with a 1st is a no go for me. it may even come down to which
prospect the rangers like best (similar to the grabner deal where like 10 teams offered a 2nd and
prospect and they took rykov from NJ).

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, he'd require retention. If they retain ~22% ($1.35m) then he'd have the same cap hit as Kreider, Palmieri or Toffoli (but the B's may be asking those teams to retain as well, so who knows).

based on how many teams are tight to the cap, i bet just about every seller ends up retaining
salary on these guys. it's just smart business. you open up the amount of teams that can
do the deal.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
is there an opportunity to try bobby ryan?

at 1/2 retained he is a 3.675 mill cap hit for 2 more years... hes 32 now. he is a big right hand shot winger.

if we sent backes there and also if we trade Heinen next year in an unrelated trade we will be adding a right hand shot 40 point guy in exchange for a left hand shot 40 point guy... the overall cap hit wouldnt be that bad for us

we are having a problem with zboril for waivers next year anyhow... so unfortunately we got to trade him.

zboril and backes
for
ryan 1/2 and borowiecki

goes along way towards addressing our size/toughness issue for this year's playoff run.

might need a seperate deal to move millers cap hit to make it work... but I think if we do this deal at the deadline we can sneak it in

and then trade Heinen for some prospect/pick in the offseason

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
is there an opportunity to try bobby ryan?

at 1/2 retained he is a 3.675 mill cap hit for 2 more years... hes 32 now. he is a big right hand shot winger.

if we sent backes there and also if we trade Heinen next year in an unrelated trade we will be adding a right hand shot 40 point guy in exchange for a left hand shot 40 point guy... the overall cap hit wouldnt be that bad for us

we are having a problem with zboril for waivers next year anyhow... so unfortunately we got to trade him.

zboril and backes
for
ryan 1/2 and borowiecki

goes along way towards addressing our size/toughness issue for this year's playoff run.

might need a seperate deal to move millers cap hit to make it work... but I think if we do this deal at the deadline we can sneak it in

and then trade Heinen for some prospect/pick in the offseason

Dude he isn't even playing as of now.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Nick or Marcus? Marcus is not a second line player and Nick's cap hit is too high. Love the Palmieri deal

Marcus. He's having a good year, and I think he is good enough to be a complimentary piece with two skilled guys like Krejci and Palmieri. He can keep up and chip in. If he's not a fit there, move him to the bottom 6. But I think that is the most balanced lineup. Krejci and Coyle lines are both second line caliber.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
bruised his hand in November... im guessing he isnt rushing back to play with ottawas since they are tanking

but got to think he still wants an nhl career and to earn his 7 mill paycheck. I bet if he had a chance to play for a cup he would find a bit more happiness

If he wants an NHL career and to earn his 7M pay check, wouldn't he be better served to show he's healthy and productive before the deadline? You seem to be arguing against yourself here.

Reactions: Lo97

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
bruised his hand in November... im guessing he isnt rushing back to play with ottawas since they are tanking

but got to think he still wants an nhl career and to earn his 7 mill paycheck. I bet if he had a chance to play for a cup he would find a bit more happiness
I'm pretty sure he was also not dressing as a healthy scratch...

Reactions: Lo97

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

ryan is actually in the players assistance program right now. so i'd say probably not.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Foligno-Krejci-Palmieri
DeBrusk-Coyle-Bjork

2nd for Foligno

I actually like this lineup. Balanced. But not sure I’d send Vak for palmieri. Might rather send a 1st instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad