Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Is Matt Duchene available? Sweeney would need to move a heavy contract (Backes to Philly) first, but Duchene fits the bill nicely.

JFK + 2019 1st + Cehlarik

for

Duchene (extended 6x6)

Too much? Not enough?

Bergeron-Krejci-Duchene up the middle would be very nice!

Reactions: Bestido

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Is Matt Duchene available? Sweeney would need to move a heavy contract (Backes to Philly) first, but Duchene fits the bill nicely.

for

Duchene (extended 6x6)

Too much? Not enough?

Why not move Backes to Ottawa?

That's a dream contract for them

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Jake DeBrusk is merely a fraction of the reason to stay away from Panarin... You completely missed my point. Alot has to do with all the work/planning Sweeney has put in the past 3 yrs..

Panarin is an elite talent. Plans change when a player of his caliber hits the market. You say we already have a Panarin in Pastrnak.

Why not have 2 elite offensive talents? When you spend cap, you spend it on the elite players. Then you backfill. There's always a veteran that will take a 1 year show me deal that you can plug in the bottom 6.

And if you draft well, you have kids on ELCs to fill in the bottom 6 with.

Panarin is worth it.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

for

Duchene (extended 6x6)

Too much? Not enough?

I think it's pretty fair from a value perspective (Not sure Sens fans would agree, but at least they get back into the first round, even though it's likely late), but I'm not sure in today's market it's reasonable to expect Duchene to accept a 6M/yr extension. He's just coming off a $6M/yr contract and has performed pretty well, on some pretty bad teams. I would bet on the free market, Duchene approached 7.5M/yr. (Thanks Chia!) (Editing this to also thank Stan Bowman!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I think it's pretty fair from a value perspective (Not sure Sens fans would agree, but at least they get back into the first round, even though it's likely late), but I'm not sure in today's market it's reasonable to expect Duchene to accept a 6M/yr extension. He's just coming off a $6M/yr contract and has performed pretty well, on some pretty bad teams. I would bet on the free market, Duchene approached 7.5M/yr. (Thanks Chia!)

Good point about the extension. I wouldn't go more than 7 per year.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Duchene is a losing player. TBH I would rather wait for the prospects.

I'm with Vegan. Colorado got much better by getting rid of him, and Ottawa fell from conf finals to complete dumpster fire by acquiring him. My opinion is he absolutely quit on Colorado in the 2016/17 season. I don't want guys who quit on their team (no matter how bad things may be).

If I am giving up what is suggested to get him, I can only do it if I am convinced i want that player to be a core leader for the organization. I don't want Duchene to be a key leader for this org for the next 7-8 years

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
love the idea of PK Subban's supposed "character issues" chasing him out of Montreal but Tyler Seguin will walk in and be a great fit. hmmm I wonder what's different about those two :huh:

Reactions: McGarnagle

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How about Krug and mcquaid 1 st round pick for jacob trouba. I'd love him to take over chara spot when he retires.

Except he plays RD, and while he's shown he's capable of playing the left side, he's had issues before in Winnipeg about playing the left. He prefers the right. He would make someone like Carlo expendable. I'm all for Trouba, but I don't see why Winnipeg takes Krug + 1st for him. McQuaid is a UFA to be, so what value does he hold to Winny? I would think the Jets would prefer to just move Tyler Myers who also plays RD.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Can't see Seguin wanting to play in Montreal with the disaster they are right now and especially with Claude coaching there, better chance Seguin comes back to Boston.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Why would any free agent actually choose to go to the dumpster fire that is Montreal right now? I can see Montreal having issues attracting quality free agents for a good long time coming.

Come on, I hate the Habs...but they’re the Montreal Canadiens.

It’s like saying the Yankees during rough times can’t find guys to wear the pinstripes.

Maybe you’re right, but it’s ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad