Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
That's closer. I am weirdly ok with it even though its admittedly an overpay from our end. NHL caliber young cheap Matt G, and Zboril for a struggling former top 5 pick. Clears our logjam at LD and possibly gets us our 2C of the future. Or we give up two solid assets and SB hangs around the NHL until hes 30 playing 3rd/4th line roles on non playoff teams.
This is an awful deal. The reason why Bennett isnt sticking at C is the same reason he might not even be an NHL player, he's a box of rocks. He's had plenty of games to show something.

What logjam at LD? Krug is coming back from a broken leg, Chara is winding down and Gryz has played 1 solid season and got exposed in the playoffs. Moore was brought in because of lack of depth. Zboril has skill set of speed, hitting and potential scoring that we dont have on the roster.

I wouldnt trade either straight up for Bennett right now.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
This is an awful deal. The reason why Bennett isnt sticking at C is the same reason he might not even be an NHL player, he's a box of rocks. He's had plenty of games to show something.

What logjam at LD? Krug is coming back from a broken leg, Chara is winding down and Gryz has played 1 solid season and got exposed in the playoffs. Moore was brought in because of lack of depth. Zboril has skill set of speed, hitting and potential scoring that we dont have on the roster.

I wouldnt trade either straight up for Bennett right now.

I think that's awful. Agree to disagree

Reactions: BadBruins

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
While generally I agree with you here I must chime in with a couple thoughts.
No, "Prospects aren't sure things" is true BUT when you have so many on the cusp of becoming men, big boys, and you don't know for sure who it is that's going to become "that guy" you need to make sure before you trade anyone.
Actually, that's one point, but that's all I need. In the past we've seen them trade players before they became anything, i.e. Versteeg. Once they do identify who it is that can play the type of game that they're looking for I think that you'll see the front off ice loosen up and make some trades but until then.... They don't look ready to move on from any prospects at this point.
Which I get if they are still in the rebuild, if they want to make a real run this year they need to make some improvements

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Is Calgary even thinking of parting with him or is this all hype from January because we are all bored ?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I remember a struggling cam neely in Vancouver around same age and sinden poached the Canucks with dealing Pedersen for cam . It could happen with Bennett again. It's worth a shot.
With all due respect, I remember watching Neely and saying to friends " why did the B's trade for Jim Nill, why didn't they go for that Neely guy, he's awesome!" I know nothing about Bennett, maybe if I watched him exclusively I would agree but I did focus on Neely and he was incredible even when he played for the 'Nucks. I was so surprised and happy when that trade happened because IMO Pederson was pretty much spent, and Neely was an animal!

Bottom Line: I don't remember Cam Neely struggling when he played for Vancouver.

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
From Edm: JP + Lucic(1/3 retained) + Nurse + 2019 1st lottery protected
From Bos: Torey Krug + Danton Heinen + Peter Celharik + Vaak

Bos gets two big bodies in their top 9, some toughness up front in Lucic, a future Chara replacement on the top pair in Nurse and adds a 1st this season for two reasons. One: spreads out the age a little on their almost ready NHL prospect base and Two: allows them to deal one at the deadline if a big name becomes available and they go all in, which I envision they will, and not have to sit out two years in a row from the 1st round.

Edmonton gets a true PP QB who will help turn that PP around, which was abysmal last season. They get a guy in Heinen was could play with McDavid or Drai. Celharik is a big bodied winger who PC loves. Then they also get their future top pairing LD in Vaak

Reactions: Fenian24

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
From Edm: JP + Lucic(1/3 retained) + Nurse + 2019 1st lottery protected
From Bos: Torey Krug + Danton Heinen + Peter Celharik + Vaak

Bos gets two big bodies in their top 9, some toughness up front in Lucic, a future Chara replacement on the top pair in Nurse and adds a 1st this season for two reasons. One: spreads out the age a little on their almost ready NHL prospect base and Two: allows them to deal one at the deadline if a big name becomes available and they go all in, which I envision they will, and not have to sit out two years in a row from the 1st round.

Edmonton gets a true PP QB who will help turn that PP around, which was abysmal last season. They get a guy in Heinen was could play with McDavid or Drai. Celharik is a big bodied winger who PC loves. Then they also get their future top pairing LD in Vaak
So the Bruins give up a top 10 offensive defenseman, a young two way top 6 W, a good top 9 forward prospect, and a future top pairing defenseman for an unknown, a 3rd line LW, a top 4D, and a 1st that will probably be a lot closer to #20 than top 5. Horrible value for the Bruins. That trade would extend Chiarelli's time as a GM in this league for 3-5 more years.

If the Bruins give away those kind of players, I expect someone like Panarin coming back.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The only way I take Lucic back is if I can spin him off immediately to someone else,absolutely no interest in getting him back
I have no issue giving up those that are listed
Dont like protected first,keep the pick clean or they add...
Would you still do this deal if you swap out Nurse for Right handed D Adam Larsson ?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The only way I take Lucic back is if I can spin him off immediately to someone else,absolutely no interest in getting him back
I have no issue giving up those that are listed
Dont like protected first,keep the pick clean or they add...
Would you still do this deal if you swap out Nurse for Right handed D Adam Larsson ?
No. I think Boston is giving up far too much for a guy who can’t get above 21 points in a season.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
With all due respect, I remember watching Neely and saying to friends " why did the B's trade for Jim Nill, why didn't they go for that Neely guy, he's awesome!" I know nothing about Bennett, maybe if I watched him exclusively I would agree but I did focus on Neely and he was incredible even when he played for the 'Nucks. I was so surprised and happy when that trade happened because IMO Pederson was pretty much spent, and Neely was an animal!

Bottom Line: I don't remember Cam Neely struggling when he played for Vancouver.

I don`t think I ever saw him play as a Canuck, I "think" his first few seasons were reasonably solid but nothing spectacular, think he flirted with 40pts but was a 30+ point guy until he joined the B`s. I think what might have shocked all involved was going from that 30pt mark to immediately posting something like 70 in his first year as a Bruin. He played the same physical game as a Canuck but it really all came together for him in Boston

I didn`t like the deal at first but that was simply due to not having a clue who this Neely guy was

Reactions: HustleB

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think the best course of action for people pining to bring Lucic back to Boston is below:

1.) by an Xbox or PlayStation. I have both. They’re good systems, I lean towards xbox though.

2.) purchase NHL 18, or wait a until September and buy NHL 19.

3.) Go to Roster mode —> Player Movement —> find BOS/EDM —> Move Lucic to Bruins.

4.) Start franchise mode. Profit.

Or Option 2:

Start a franchise mode at #3 and then go trade for Lucic at #4. This is a more realistic and rewarding way. You can overpay as much as you’d like!

**Disclaimer for Option #2: Salary retention in NHL 18 is broken and doesn’t work, so you will need to take Lucic back at his full 6M.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
^^^^^^

Rookie move.

Move Lucic to free agency

Start Franchise Mode

Sign him to your own contract.

You could move him to the Bruins. Go into player edit and alter his contract. Great add to the game. Then for more fun, return Lucic to his glory days and jack those attributes! 90-92 overall PWF at 3-5 years for 1-3M? Steal.

Multiple ways to get Lucic back on the Bruins. It’s more realistic than it happening in real life :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How about sam Bennett for zboril and matt grezelyk. ?
too much IMO

I like Bennett, honestly I do, but the guy has back to back 26 pt campaigns playing 81 and 82 games. Did the Flames mishandle his development and potentially rush him along? I dunno, maybe, I think he can be a real nice player but at this stage of things, he`s not worth that much IMO. He**, Grizz played 21 fewer games with no PP time and put up what? 10-11 pts fewer than Bennett. Flames seemed a bit of a mess this past year but I dunno about Bennett and his value on the market. I`m sure there would be plenty of teams interested in him but I don`t think the Flames would get much for him.

If this guy were a Bruin, in year 3, as a top 5 first round pick, fans would be punishing him on this board just as they do with Seny yet are only too happy to send off a prospect (Zboril) with his first full pro year under his belt where he showed marked improvement from all I read, and a nice looking player in Grizz for a player who has underperformed on back to back campaigns? Not for me thanks

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
too much IMO

I like Bennett, honestly I do, but the guy has back to back 26 pt campaigns playing 81 and 82 games. Did the Flames mishandle his development and potentially rush him along? I dunno, maybe, I think he can be a real nice player but at this stage of things, he`s not worth that much IMO. He**, Grizz played 21 fewer games with no PP time and put up what? 10-11 pts fewer than Bennett. Flames seemed a bit of a mess this past year but I dunno about Bennett and his value on the market. I`m sure there would be plenty of teams interested in him but I don`t think the Flames would get much for him.

If this guy were a Bruin, in year 3, as a top 5 first round pick, fans would be punishing him on this board just as they do with Seny yet are only too happy to send off a prospect (Zboril) with his first full pro year under his belt where he showed marked improvement from all I read, and a nice looking player in Grizz for a player who has underperformed on back to back campaigns? Not for me thanks

He probably would've been brought along a lot differently. With the Bruins he probably would've alternated playing on Bergeron/Krejcis with some spot center duty. He'd probably be our 3C this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad