Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
You forget something, in his second season Emelin showed great things even as a somewhat able puck mover. He got serious injuries and it slowed him so much after...

IMO he looked like he had #3 D potential.
Let’s not forget we asked him to stop making so many game changing clean hits... He bought it.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
You forget something, in his second season Emelin showed great things even as a somewhat able puck mover. He got serious injuries and it slowed him so much after...

IMO he looked like he had #3 D potential.

Yeah I agree, this was also evident in his last year in the KHL

Reactions: DAChampion

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
That’s aiming high. He was one heck of a defenceman. 2nd in Norris voting in his final season (29 years old)

I will go on record and say this kid will be a norris candidates in a bit more then a few years.
For people that know me,i rarely through praise, but i did on draft night for this kid and do it again.
Oh did for suzuki after the trade and many called me out when he disappointed his first camp.

ABR8185

Jul 5, 2016
I can’t wait to see him play in the next training camp / pre season and so on. The kid has all the potential in the world.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He definitely has more offense in him than what he was allowed to show in the KHL.

Solid shot, nice play reading ability, good pass.

I think he'll be able to get more and more points with time as he gets more comfortable with the pace and tendencies in the NHL.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He definitely has more offense in him than what he was allowed to show in the KHL.

I think he'll be able to get more and more points with time as he gets more comfortable with the pace and tendencies in the NHL.

His skills are definitely underrated.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His skills are definitely underrated.

Agreed. The Emelin comparison was on draft day. He's more than that today. The kid is obsessed with Hockey and he has little to no flaws at the age of 20! It's OK to be happy Habs fans. Romanov is a good one! Same it factor as Subban (pre NHL). Yes, I said Subban!

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Agreed. The Emelin comparison was on draft day. He's more than that today. The kid is obsessed with Hockey and he has little to no flaws at the age of 20! It's OK to be happy Habs fans. Romanov is a good one! Same it factor as Subban (pre NHL). Yes, I said Subban!

Yes he's very charismatic like Subban, but much more team oriented.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Depends on how our dinosaur coach uses him. I think they shelter him and he will have to make them change their mind like Suzuki did this past year where we were forced to move him to center as the season went along. I can see Romanov being Weber's partner by the end of the next season. We will see

I agree he has more offensive skills than what people are trying to pin him down as. 30-40 pts once he gets his feet wet (full season) is not out of the question

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Bergevin-PressConference(20/10/05):Romanov
“He'll be the one to decide with the way he plays... If we see he's more comfortable and helps the team more on the right, we've left-shooting defensemen. If he performs better on the left, we've some good right-shooting players like Fleury, Juulsen (who was hurt, we know, but came back healthy). We've options...”

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Didn't think they were too far off.

So joining the roster this year --> Mr. Anderson & The Russian Neo. Though that's from Point Break obviously.

tenor.png

Alexander-Romanov.jpg

Reactions: admiralcadillac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad