Value of: Alexander Barabanov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Could this guy be a sneaky add for a playoff team? He’s been injured half of the year & only has 9 points in 34 games but he’s on an expiring deal and has averaged 43 points the last 2 seasons before this one. Feels like he could slip into a middle 6/pp2 role for a playoff team pretty easily. What’s the acquisition cost?

Son of Petter

Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
If we get a 4th for him I’d be pretty happy. He’s been pretty bad this year. He was much better the last few years and Sharks messed up not moving him earlier.
Has he been that bad or just on a team that’s really been struggling/lack of identity?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
He was injured to start the season
Off the top of my head, I couldn't say how many games he missed.
Prior to this season, Sharks fans were very happy with his game

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
He is the epitome of a complimentary player, so if you trade for him you better have a spot in the top 6 for him with a player that can carry the line.

If you have that, he’s a decent pickup, if you pick him up to be a depth third liner, you’ll be sad you did.

As for value yeah a mid round pick, or if your GM is feeling frisky we’ll accept a 2nd

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I think Barabanov will do better on a contender (did much better the last 2 years when playing with Karlsson and Meier), but right now his value is down. I would take a 4th round pick for him.

Reactions: cheechoo

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Has he been that bad or just on a team that’s really been struggling/lack of identity?
It’s a bit of both. He’s battled injuries and Covid this season, and spent significant time in the bottom-6 and second PP unit. But he also hasn’t been great. It’s sad because he was genuinely very good last season.

I think throwing a 3rd round pick or even a 2nd rounder at the Sharks for Barabanov would be a savvy move for a contender needing depth and a guy who could step into their top-6 in case of injury. I do feel like he’ll bounce back at least somewhat if he’s on a team with a little structure. When he’s on his game he’s solid in all three zones.

Reactions: cheechoo

Son of Petter

Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
With him being Millstein client I wonder if the Canucks look at him. Need top 6 help.
It’s a bit of both. He’s battled injuries and Covid this season, and spent significant time in the bottom-6 and second PP unit. But he also hasn’t been great. It’s sad because he was genuinely very good last season.

I think throwing a 3rd round pick or even a 2nd rounder at the Sharks for Barabanov would be a savvy move for a contender needing depth and a guy who could step into their top-6 in case of injury. I do feel like he’ll bounce back at least somewhat if he’s on a team with a little structure. When he’s on his game he’s solid in all three zones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad