Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilles Meloche

I Moe I Moe
Feb 18, 2006
Toronto, Canada

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Who said that HFBoars is useless. I just learned that Booktok is a thing and I can now use w*nk b*nk as a term to talk about my teenage years.

That said, if Wennberg is harassed on social medias, it’s a good thing she called those people out. People behind a screen shouldn’t act like their words and actions are somewhat lighter and more acceptable than they are eyeball to eyeball. Obviously we’re collectively not there yet.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
reading through their comments, the fact the girls involved are doubling down and think they have any sort of impact on Seattle kraken attendance numbers is hilarious.

People can fantasize and write dumb little stories about it. I think it’s weird, but to each their own (as someone who is also apart of video game communities, it’s common there too). But to go over the top enough to get called out by the people involved and still double down on it? Yeah, go outside.

Hope Wennberg and his family can move forward and hope the weirdo girls involved can grow up.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I somewhat have an idea what booktok is but haven’t bothered to find out the real meaning cos it sounds disturbing. And also, him? Really???

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
so she’s an influencer that encouraged the behavior, and now she’s mad that other people are continuing what she started…?

i don’t think it’s wrong of her to be upset, but at the same time, maybe don’t do that sort of thing in the first place?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Here is the context

- Booktok is a community on tiktok based around books, and a sub community does fiction about books. Sometimes just normal things extending on stories other times it is basically smut.

- Somehow there was a smaller community dedicated to hockey fiction about the Kraken. It started getting beyond just innocent fan fiction and these folks were attending games with signs like "krack my back" (referring to really rough intercourse) and referencing Wennberg.

- This has progressed to the point there is a vocal following basically simping for this guy that was born out of a fiction group of women, now his wife is getting involved after they are saying crazy shit on twitter and stuff

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Here is the context

- Booktok is a community on tiktok based around books, and a sub community does fiction about books. Sometimes just normal things extending on stories other times it is basically smut.

- Somehow there was a smaller community dedicated to hockey fiction about the Kraken. It started getting beyond just innocent fan fiction and these folks were attending games with signs like "krack my back" (referring to really rough intercourse) and referencing Wennberg.

- This has progressed to the point there is a vocal following basically simping for this guy that was born out of a fiction group of women, now his wife is getting involved after they are saying crazy shit on twitter and stuff
this is amazing

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Disappointed to see no handsome Wennberg pics posted yet.

Stupid sexy Flanders syndrome, I guess.

He looks like if you asked an AI to generate an image of a generic NHL player.

1690668329060.png

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Here is the context

arrested-development-jason-bateman.gif

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Here is the context

Saying crazy, over the top stuff and now harassing her and even her kid.

It’s definitely over the top and some of these people need to understand consent/basic decency when openly sexually talking about someone.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
My wife knows about this. She said the article (I didn't read it) don't mention the team and his wife took full advantage that he (I assume Alex) look like a character and his wife went along with it for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium