Alex Turcotte or Jesse Puljujärvi

Which one would you have for the next 5 years?

• Alex Turcotte

• Jesse Puljujärvi

• Neither will be in the NHL in 2 years

Results are only viewable after voting.

KaosKommando

Ask me if I give a shit.
Mar 22, 2022
Lonelywood
Inspired by someone mentioning Höglander in the Turcotte rumour thread. Höglander obviously is worth lots more than Turcotte, but how about this. Imagine you have the CAP.

Diet Turcotte is 22 and was drafted '19(that's four years) as 5th overall. Since that he has played 83 games in AHL with 53 points and 12 games in NHL with no points. He still has one year left on his ELC. Has missed some time with two head injuries.

Jesse "the Bison" Pizzajärvi is 24 and was drafted in 16'(that's three more years) as 4th overalls. Since that he has played 53 AHL games with 37 points and 317 NHL games with 112 points. He is on his last year of a 3 million contract, after an arbitration filing, and has a 3 million dollar qualifying offer. Has not missed a minute, but some say he ain't right in the head.

Both are what GMs dreams are made of.

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I belive in Turcotte.

Mods, I kindly ask you leave this one open for two years at least.

Alex Turcotte will have a long career in the NHL, and it will be mostly top 6 minutes.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
"Hoping for a miracle" vote for Pulju. He might save his career as a Cane. On the other hand their tempo-dominance hockey (where skill with puck combined with speed is essential) isn't that suitable for him..

Turcotte has been disappointment for me too. Kind of losing all hope with him.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Voted for Puljujarvi. Head issues & no real NHL time doesn't sound great for Turcotte. Maybe he can make it at some point.

Puljujarvi I'm not expecting to be a great player, but with his size+skating ability could carve out a role as a very useful 3rd line/middle 6 W that plays hard & can score for you a bit.

Could be wrong, I know alot of people liked Turcotte.

Reactions: NHL Fanatik

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I`d personnally take Puljujärvi. Turcotte probably has a higher ceiling, but lower floor. I`m not sold on Turcotte beeing a NHL regular. In Puljujärvi you atleast get a decent 200ft hustler for your bottom6. This should be revisited in say 2-3yrs...

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Inspired by someone mentioning Höglander in the Turcotte rumour thread. Höglander obviously is worth lots more than Turcotte, but how about this. Imagine you have the CAP.

Diet Turcotte is 22 and was drafted '19(that's four years) as 5th overall. Since that he has played 83 games in AHL with 53 points and 12 games in NHL with no points. He still has one year left on his ELC. Has missed some time with two head injuries.

Jesse "the Bison" Pizzajärvi is 24 and was drafted in 16'(that's three more years) as 4th overalls. Since that he has played 53 AHL games with 37 points and 317 NHL games with 112 points. He is on his last year of a 3 million contract, after an arbitration filing, and has a 3 million dollar qualifying offer. Has not missed a minute, but some say he ain't right in the head.

Both are what GMs dreams are made of.
How do you figure

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Seems like Turcotte is hampered by injuries (and may never overcome them) where Puljujarvi is just not developing as hope for, leaning on Turcotte, but it looks like neither will reach their full potential.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I`d personnally take Puljujärvi. Turcotte probably has a higher ceiling, but lower floor. I`m not sold on Turcotte beeing a NHL regular. In Puljujärvi you atleast get a decent 200ft hustler for your bottom6. This should be revisited in say 2-3yrs...

I think you'd have to take poolparty for now simply because he's been healthy enough to do it for a while

But Turcotte's an NHLer, make no mistake. The question is the same, what's his offensive upside? Because right now, assuming health, he's an absolute buzzsaw that would fit on any team. he does everything but shoot (and stay healthy, ugh) at an above average to high level.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really care for either of them. They're two players that even at the draft, i seemed to be far lower on than the "consensus". Neither of them has made any sort of case to make me change my mind.

I'd take Turcotte because he does at least have some skill. If he can overcome his injury problems and stay healthy, he could be a decent Top-9 complementary forward. Puljujarvi is just not the kind of player i'd want on my team. He isn't good enough to play a Top-6 role, but he doesn't fit very well or have much of a positive impact as a Bottom-6 guy either. He's just not a very smart hockey player, and his vision is really poor, compounded by his awkwardness, lack of agility, and poor puck skills.

So i take the injury-plagued but skilled player, over the big straight line oaf of a player who pouts over lack of opportunity and threatens to go home.

Reactions: Coffee

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I don't really care for either of them. They're two players that even at the draft, i seemed to be far lower on than the "consensus". Neither of them has made any sort of case to make me change my mind.

I'd take Turcotte because he does at least have some skill. If he can overcome his injury problems and stay healthy, he could be a decent Top-9 complementary forward. Puljujarvi is just not the kind of player i'd want on my team. He isn't good enough to play a Top-6 role, but he doesn't fit very well or have much of a positive impact as a Bottom-6 guy either. He's just not a very smart hockey player, and his vision is really poor, compounded by his awkwardness, lack of agility, and poor puck skills.

So i take the injury-plagued but skilled player, over the big straight line oaf of a player who pouts over lack of opportunity and threatens to go home.
Turcotte is looking great right now

Reactions: Fripp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad