Speculation: Alex Tanguay - Any word?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Would gladly take him back on the Avs.

For one game so he can retire an Av.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
last I heard was that he had several PTO offers, but that he was waiting for a deal. Really hoping Anaheim can sign him so he can be on the 3rd line with Vermette.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Wonder if he is another guy that may not be healthy and thats why teams have stayed away

A couple of guys have already failed physicals that were supposed to be top PTO candidates (Tlusty, Fleischman)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
last I heard was that he had several PTO offers, but that he was waiting for a deal. Really hoping Anaheim can sign him so he can be on the 3rd line with Vermette.

Last I had heard as well. Had PTO offers but wants a 1-way contract.

I think he could give you some good production with 3rd line ice time and 2nd PP unit time.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Hes had a history of injury issues dating back to his rookie season. He's had a fabulous career and had some very tremendous seasons regardless if this is the end or not.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
HF loves the word "underrated" but Alex Tanguay might be the most underrated player of my lifetime. Even last year he had a 1.70 even strength points per sixty minutes, and he's about an even possession player. Don't know why anyone who needs some scoring wouldn't take a shot on him.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Wonder if he is another guy that may not be healthy and thats why teams have stayed away

A couple of guys have already failed physicals that were supposed to be top PTO candidates (Tlusty, Fleischman)

Tanguay finished out the season playing well and logged 70 games last year. No reason to expect he's not healthy.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
HF loves the word "underrated" but Alex Tanguay might be the most underrated player of my lifetime. Even last year he had a 1.70 even strength points per sixty minutes, and he's about an even possession player. Don't know why anyone who needs some scoring wouldn't take a shot on him.

This is a perfect example of why advanced stats aren't all that useful and dont always tell the right story.

You can ask any Avs fan on these boards, and everyone will tell you that Tanguay last year was absolutely awful. He was incredibly soft, his skating had deteriorated a bunch, and his creativity wasn't what it used to be(Likely because of the lost speed).

Not to mention he was a defensive liability.

The guy just wasn't NHL quality anymore. He put together a decent 20 games in Arizona sure, but everything before that would leave anyone who watched him to believe the guy is done in the NHL. And 20 games on a new team with Top 6 minutes and favorable usage shouldn't change that.

He should, and probably will retire. Was a hell of a player back in his prime, and definitely one of the most underrated players of his time, but he's not even NHL quality at this point.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

As a fan of another Western Conference team, I hope that is exactly what you guys do lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad