Prospect Info: Alex DeBrincat - 2016 39th Overall (RW) /// UPDATE 11/7: signed to 3-yr ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Congrats Alex!!!,even if it was a sure thing :) ,
but that sad,it must of taken Alex a tons of work,
to get to level where he is at the moment,
not just physically,but mentally too.

All the nay sayers,...you too small,too puny,...yada yada,
he sure has shown all the doubters.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
DeBrincat's goal slump.over! He had gone 4 straight playoff games without a goal ...never had gone 5 consecutive games without a goal on his whole OHL career ...But he ties the game at 1-1 with a late first period goal against Mississauga in game 2 of their series being played right now..Score is 1-1 after 20 minutes of play ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
His goal came as he started the attack coming over the Mississauga blue line right up the centre of the nice ...dishes off...
Then skates directly toward the net ..gets the back-end of the give and go he started and then bangs it home ...of course this cannot hapoen under Q in Chicago because Q does not slow attacks right up the centre of the ice ..nor does he believe in give and go right to the net ....staying in the slot area ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
How probable is it that DeBrincat will be up with the hawks next season?

WELL Q will use the "if he can't be in the top six forwards,he will be in Rockford ...lotsvofvminutes and pp time...Yada ..Yada Yada. .." He may try hom with Toews ..but that will never work...cause we all know ...Toews needs a big power forward LW to be any good .....or Toews will continue his fat-cat non-performong well except for 6 weeks "schtik" that he has foisted on us the past 2 seasons in which case he will drag down DeBrincat to meh play...Q will.lose patience..and down will go DeBrincat to Rockford....of course if I were the coach?I would not contaminate DeBrincat anywhere near Country Club Toews ....snd so I woukd form a 3rd line that attacks and threatens as an offensive force instead boffins Q and his we have to have 2 gruntvxheckingnkinesxand ourvstarscsllnup on the top 2 lines ..

Actually ...DeBrincat and Highmore would work great together and whether you put Hossa with them or play Schmaltz at 3C and Highmore at 3RW except for faceoffs which either DeBrincat or Highmore would take ....not sure which of this 2 options works best ..bit in any case ..kept the yute talent away from Country Club Toews ...at least till he shows us that he is completely and consististently back to normal. ..hard on them puck. .with hustle and want and some speed Toews again.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
En goal...for a DeBrincat ....with 50 seconds remaining in 3rd..He stole the puck in the offensive zone by hustling tobtajebitvaway from a D-man trying to lead a rush up ice.. Important ..could go from insurance goal of 3-1 won to GWG because Mississauga scores with 25 seconds remaining...3-2 score...game over!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The game was a close 1-1 late into the 3rd period...Warren Foegle was sent in on a break-away ..I think with about 3 minutes remaining and scored ...making it 2-1 Erie..then Debrincat'steal and score into the empty net ..Then Mississauga scoesheet 25 seconds after that .Then it plays out till clock runs out. .So DeBrincat with 2 goals to say including what turned out to be tge GWG ...it was not a routine empty netter ..but as I said ax steal in the offensive zone because he hustled to check ..

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
4 goal that got pushed in by their own team probably got credited as Unassisted.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Erie wins 4-3 in OT tonight to win the series with Mississauga 4 games to 1 ...The score in Erie tonight was 3 -1 for Mississauga till late in the 2nd when Taylor Raddysh scored for Erie ...hisc2ndn9f the game...Then they left it to1:15 remaining in the 3rd to tie the game at 3 ...That was his hat -trick goal ...Then at 3:41 into OT they scored on a pp to win the game..DeBrincat did not have a point in the game until he was at right point non the pp and shot it to the net ...rebound and Cirelli is there to bang away and score.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So only the 1a from DeBrincat tonight ...but he did have several grade A chances but either coukd not beat Mancinanin the Mississauga net or the puck was bouncy a few times so hard to get shot away before it got deflected..another time he stab up Strome who coukd nit quite get biff the best one-time r due to the puck bouncing...The arena in Erie a bit hotnin there tonight. ..so the nice wad nit tge best for crisp passes or receptions ...But overall I thought DeBrincat not his visual killer finishing ..but ad I said. .Strome also missed several goal scoring oppirtunitiesvtjoughbhe had a big assists game ..On the Erie tying goal ,DeBrincat was not on as you might expect with a minute and a bit remaining ...because he had just got cut with a high stick that was not called which had but been woukd have given Erie a man advantage..but he had to stay off the 5x5 because he was getting attention by the trainer at the bench in order to staunch the blood from the cut..However justice served to Mississauga when Boomhower takes a needless cross-check penalty a bit after 3 minutes into OT ...then as I said DeBrincat gets then puck sent by him at the right pint ..shoots to the net ...rebound and Cirelki there to whack and bang it in for the win.

SO I woukd not call it vapor game by DeBrincat wuth just the 1a. ..but rather some bad luck with bouncing pucks and sine great saves by Mancina the Mississauga goalie who was great in the series or it could have been bigger score wins for Erie..

Hopefully DeBrincat has better fortune no finishing off chances I the Memorial Cup .

So we know 3 of the 4 Mem Cup participants ...Erie as OHL Champs. ..Saint John as Q Champs ... and Windsor as the host team ...still waiting on the WHL Champ ...That Final series viscoelastic 2-2 between Regina and Seattle going into fame 5 tonight ...

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
The play-off MVP selection was a big-fat-joke,
who got the idea in the selection board to
give it Warren Foegle?.

1 awesome game (3+2 in game 4) in the finals
and that dude is given the entire play-offs MVP
the Wayne Gretzky 99 award....wtf.

- That game btw,was his only,only multi goal game
of the entire play-offs -

Brinksy got robbed!,he was..BY FAR!!! the MVP
of these 2017 OHL play-offs.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
The play-off MVP selection was a big-fat-joke,
who got the idea in the selection board to
give it Warren Foegle?.

1 awesome game (3+2 in game 4) in the finals
and that dude is given the entire play-offs MVP
the Wayne Gretzky 99 award....wtf.

- That game btw,was his only,only multi goal game
of the entire play-offs -

Brinksy got robbed!,he was..BY FAR!!! the MVP
of these 2017 OHL play-offs.

did you actually watch the entire playoff run for erie ? or just highlights and stat watching?????
foegele had the game 7 winner vs london in round 2. he had a shorthanded goal in round 3, game 4 midway through the 3rd that put erie up 4-3 and they won by that score. erie needed that game down 2-1 in series. foegele breakaway goal in game 2 vs missy with 2 mins left in the 3rd that put erie up 2-1. erie got EN goal but missy scored with 20 seconds left to make it 3-2 final. still foegele was essential winner

foegele arguably has 3 of the top 5 goals of the postseason run. and all were individual effort/speed/skill. cap it off with a guy that was out best PK guy, was able to and was moved at times to lines 1, 2, or 3. so versatile. ALL OVER THE ICE effort and tenacity. even when he wasnt scoring, he was getting 2-3 chances a night. creating his own chances out of nothing. i will also add this
not including pp numbers--
foegele 22gp 12g 12a 24pts
debrincat 22gp 10g 17a 27pts

if you watched all the games in playoffs you would have voted for foegele. i know erie fans would have been upset if it wasnt him.
its not finals mvp its ENTIRE PLAYOFFS
and foegele was, im sorry, more consistent and clutch and important than debricnat. debrincat was great but he wasnt erie's best pk guy (which you need in playoffs) or overall a guy that was EVERYWHERE on the ice.

matter of fact - debrincat had 13 pts in round 1 vs Sarnia (a low team that cant play defense)
when rounds got tougher -
debrincat 18gp 25pts
foegele 18gp 20pts
thats with foegele playing no first unit pp, and playing 3rd line minutes at times and bouncing to each line

anyone who watched erie throughout would have told you foegele was THE guy. and will be remembered for his play even when he wasnt lighting up scoreboard but creating turnovers or hitting
matter of fact, regardless of stats,,
i dont think debrincat was in top 3 mvp race

Anthony Cirelli was definitely the 2nd on the voting list. had 25pts in last 17 playoff games.
Darren Raddysh probably next in line as a defenseman who ate up 28-30 min a night and 8g and 22pts in 22 games

i never really felt like debrincat was in consideration regardless of his numbers. doesnt mean he was bad, he was good, but rather erie has that much talent and their talent all stepped up. some guys more than others.

btw the whole "that was HIS ONLY MULTI POINT GAME "argument is lame..debrincat only had 2 all playoffs lol. and never had the hattie but he did have 1st unit pp time

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
did you actually watch the entire playoff run for erie ? or just highlights and stat watching?????
foegele had the game 7 winner vs london in round 2. he had a shorthanded goal in round 3, game 4 midway through the 3rd that put erie up 4-3 and they won by that score. erie needed that game down 2-1 in series. foegele breakaway goal in game 2 vs missy with 2 mins left in the 3rd that put erie up 2-1. erie got EN goal but missy scored with 20 seconds left to make it 3-2 final. still foegele was essential winner

foegele arguably has 3 of the top 5 goals of the postseason run. and all were individual effort/speed/skill. cap it off with a guy that was out best PK guy, was able to and was moved at times to lines 1, 2, or 3. so versatile. ALL OVER THE ICE effort and tenacity. even when he wasnt scoring, he was getting 2-3 chances a night. creating his own chances out of nothing. i will also add this
not including pp numbers--
foegele 22gp 12g 12a 24pts
debrincat 22gp 10g 17a 27pts

if you watched all the games in playoffs you would have voted for foegele. i know erie fans would have been upset if it wasnt him.
its not finals mvp its ENTIRE PLAYOFFS
and foegele was, im sorry, more consistent and clutch and important than debricnat. debrincat was great but he wasnt erie's best pk guy (which you need in playoffs) or overall a guy that was EVERYWHERE on the ice.

matter of fact - debrincat had 13 pts in round 1 vs Sarnia (a low team that cant play defense)
when rounds got tougher -
debrincat 18gp 25pts
foegele 18gp 20pts
thats with foegele playing no first unit pp, and playing 3rd line minutes at times and bouncing to each line

anyone who watched erie throughout would have told you foegele was THE guy. and will be remembered for his play even when he wasnt lighting up scoreboard but creating turnovers or hitting
matter of fact, regardless of stats,,
i dont think debrincat was in top 3 mvp race

Anthony Cirelli was definitely the 2nd on the voting list. had 25pts in last 17 playoff games.
Darren Raddysh probably next in line as a defenseman who ate up 28-30 min a night and 8g and 22pts in 22 games

i never really felt like debrincat was in consideration regardless of his numbers. doesnt mean he was bad, he was good, but rather erie has that much talent and their talent all stepped up. some guys more than others.

btw the whole "that was HIS ONLY MULTI POINT GAME "argument is lame..debrincat only had 2 all playoffs lol. and never had the hattie but he did have 1st unit pp time

Multi goal,not multi point,Foegle had several multi point games
in these play-offs.

BTW when selecting the play-offs MVP
you should take entire play-offs in condsederation
as a whole, not just one part.

Overall,DeBrincat was the best player and the most valuable
player in the play-offs.

Most points,most asssists,most primary assists,
top 3 in goals,most game winning goals,
best +/- , most pp points...

Foegle,yes improved his game a lot towards to the end,
and was better than Brinksy,at times,but still...
the gap between these two,..too big,in Brinksys favor.

That 5 point game in game 4 was too big of a factor,
the real MVP was Alex Debrincat,he was the best
and the most dominant player,the most important
in Otters success.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Is it just me or do that last two posts look like music lyrics with how they are formatted?

BTW, I appreciate the OHL updates seeing as I have watched much less OHL this year.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Multi goal,not multi point,Foegle had several multi point games
in these play-offs.

BTW when selecting the play-offs MVP
you should take entire play-offs in condsederation
as a whole, not just one part.

Overall,DeBrincat was the best player and the most valuable
player in the play-offs.

Most points,most asssists,most primary assists,
top 3 in goals,most game winning goals,
best +/- , most pp points...

Foegle,yes improved his game a lot towards to the end,
and was better than Brinksy,at times,but still...
the gap between these two,..too big,in Brinksys favor.

That 5 point game in game 4 was too big of a factor,
the real MVP was Alex Debrincat,he was the best
and the most dominant player,the most important
in Otters success.

i think your blackhawk fan bias is playing a huge role

i have no dog in the fight. just a fan of the team. and can tell you that i watched or attended every game
debrincat the most talented player on the team. mvp of REGULAR season

but foegele raised his game while debrincat came back to earth after great reg season

the 5 point night was not a factor lol
go back and see people have an opinion after round 3...EVERYONE had either Foegele or Cirelli. for foegele to get an insane breakaway goal to win game 2 then get 5 points to win game 4... all he did was widen the gap of already being the favorite to win it

truly im asking if you simply watched for stats and highlights? did you watch many games for 60 min? clearly you didnt. when the moments got tougher or later in the series, foegele consistently made big ass plays defensively or offensively. defense and hitting was huge from him. now you add that he was all over the ice every shift. and as a 3rd round nhl pick, the guy is no lucky guy. actually has talent. wow surprising, someone else on erie has talent other than debrincat

like i said i have no dog in the fight. debrincat is one of my fav otters of all time. up there with mcdavid and brad boyes

but reality is using the eye test from watching games. foegele time and time again made plays. and typically they were in bigger moments than anybody else on the team.

please dont embarrass yourself by acting like debrincat got robbed if you didnt actually watch or attend games very much. not fair to a guy like foegele who totally deserved the award. a poll BEFORE the final series even started would probably have had him at 75% favorite. cirelli number 2 on list. the finals sealed it but he was already up there

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Erie wins 4-2 over Seattle ...They really dominated in shots and quality scoring chances ..but the Seattle rookie goalie who started the season as a 16 year old...now turned 17 made a lot of great saves and also Erie missed tge net a lot of chances ....This could have been a much bigger score for Erie. ......the 4th Erie goal was an en goal ...so a close score even if Erie dominated the posession and scoring chances ...

DeBrincat scored the opening goal of the game and also added an assist and had 4 shots on goal (none in the first period).But overall my impression was he did not play that eelk. .not his visual. Jump or driver of scoring chances...I thought he floated too much and watched too much of the play ..not involved as he normally ism.. Despite his goal and assist ,I thought it was one of the poorer efforts from him that I have seen this season..He will not make the Hawks pn the opening roster of hebplays that way .He is better than what he showed today ..But still ...even in such a below par efgort from him...still gets 2 points with his goal and assist ..
Just that if he brought his normal jump ,Erie might have generated even more quality chances than they did

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Erie wins 4-2 over Seattle ...They really dominated in shots and quality scoring chances ..but the Seattle rookie goalie who started the season as a 16 year old...now turned 17 made a lot of great saves and also Erie missed tge net a lot of chances ....This could have been a much bigger score for Erie. ......the 4th Erie goal was an en goal ...so a close score even if Erie dominated the posession and scoring chances ...

DeBrincat scored the opening goal of the game and also added an assist and had 4 shots on goal (none in the first period).But overall my impression was he did not play that eelk. .not his visual. Jump or driver of scoring chances...I thought he floated too much and watched too much of the play ..not involved as he normally ism.. Despite his goal and assist ,I thought it was one of the poorer efforts from him that I have seen this season..He will not make the Hawks pn the opening roster of hebplays that way .He is better than what he showed today ..But still ...even in such a below par efgort from him...still gets 2 points with his goal and assist ..
Just that if he brought his normal jump ,Erie might have generated even more quality chances than they did

With this thin weak forward roster I will not be surprised if he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad