Prospect Info: Alex DeBrincat - 2016 39th Overall (RW) /// UPDATE 11/7: signed to 3-yr ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
11 games, 22 points for Alex DeBrincat,good start,
now improve for WCF and for F and then M-CUP.

So,...Otters vs Attack
2 high scoring power houses
should be interesting,even more so than
Knights va Otters series.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes it should be interesting. ..depth of Erie but suspect goaltending vs. OTTERS 4 top offensive forwards...all draft eligible...plus their team defense and goaltending in McNiven...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Erie wins 6-1 over Owen Sound tonight in game 1 of the OHL Western Conference Final..DeBrincat with 1 goal and 2 primary assists.

I like Owen Sound draft eligibles ..but they are younger than Erie who are stacked with 19, 20and 21 year Olds ...Erie's best talent is 17 going on 18 for the draft,18 and fewer19 ,20 ,and 21 year Olds. .In addition Erie is 4 lines deep ..Owen Sound has a top line trio and 1 othervtalentnon the 2nd line who can score...the restbofvtheirbforwardsxare not much threat ..Erie is the more experienced and deeper team ..they should win this series if they bring their top game which they did tonight .

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
7 goals, 25 points so far for Brinksy in these play-offs.

Still waaaaays to go to Otters one season play-off points record
by one Connor McDavid (14-15) (21)49 points in 20 games.

He needs to step up :) , because with his current pace,
he would need 1 game 6 and 1 game 7 series
to brake Connor's record.

Buuut,with few more of these 3 point nights in a row,
no need for those kinds of series :) .

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Also,...169 points in 67 games for McD-avid with his last season in the OHL....

DeBrin-cat so far, 152 points in 75 games,which is superb as well,but...
compared to McJesus...Jesus!!!.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Owen Sound wins 6-3 tonight over ErieinOwen Sound ...1g for DeBrincat ..but he missed the net on 2 grade A scoring chances in the 3rd which could have made it a vastly different outcome ...Hisvgoal tied but vat 3-3 but then Owen Sound scored 2 goals...Erie pulled their goalie and Dylan Strome the Erie captain took a slashing penalty with 44 seconds remaining. . Erie pulls their goalie,down by 2 and with 25 seconds remaining Owen Sound puts it into the empty net for a 6-3 final score..

SO Owen Sound up 2-1 ...big surprise in the series. .

Owen Sound top line is fabulous as usual...I still say Nick Suzuki is the best prospect I this 2017 draft ..his speed..his will ..his 2-way play ...it is all there...a complete player ..I also love C Ryan Hancock and LW Nick Gadjovich ... but this evening it was some Owen Sound secondary players...Maxim Susko amd Nick Szypulavthat had big nights in their contributions to scoring ..and so the surprising element was that the Owen Sound depth beat the fabled depth of Erie ...asks Owen Sound has the better goalie as I predicted and that could make the difference in winning this series. .Erie had a big margin of victory in game 1 ..but give the credit to the compete level of Owen Sound whose players all hustle and have bought into the system of their coach ,Ryan Mcgill (named OHL Coach Of The Year ) today...Yes the D'man who was a 2nd round pick of the Blackhawks and payed 9 games in the show for tge Hawks after several years in the minors then went 9n to 3 seasons with the Flyers before ending his NHL career in Edmonton is OHL coach 9f the Year and has the stacked favourites Erie down 2-1 in the OHL Western Finals ...Nobody expected Owen Sound to be contenders at the start of the year ...so many 18 year Olds ..a relatively young team ..but here they are. ERIE has a lot of talent. .and many key vets ..but unless they match the purpose level that Owen Sound plays at this really xoukd be the underdog beating the favourite.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Owen Sound wins 6-3 tonight over ErieinOwen Sound ...1g for DeBrincat ..but he missed the net on 2 grade A scoring chances in the 3rd which could have made it a vastly different outcome ...Hisvgoal tied but vat 3-3 but then Owen Sound scored 2 goals...Erie pulled their goalie and Dylan Strome the Erie captain took a slashing penalty with 44 seconds remaining. . Erie pulls their goalie,down by 2 and with 25 seconds remaining Owen Sound puts it into the empty net for a 6-3 final score..

SO Owen Sound up 2-1 ...big surprise in the series. .

Owen Sound top line is fabulous as usual...I still say Nick Suzuki is the best prospect I this 2017 draft ..his speed..his will ..his 2-way play ...it is all there...a complete player ..I also love C Ryan Hancock and LW Nick Gadjovich ... but this evening it was some Owen Sound secondary players...Maxim Susko amd Nick Szypulavthat had big nights in their contributions to scoring ..and so the surprising element was that the Owen Sound depth beat the fabled depth of Erie ...asks Owen Sound has the better goalie as I predicted and that could make the difference in winning this series. .Erie had a big margin of victory in game 1 ..but give the credit to the compete level of Owen Sound whose players all hustle and have bought into the system of their coach ,Ryan Mcgill (named OHL Coach Of The Year ) today...Yes the D'man who was a 2nd round pick of the Blackhawks and payed 9 games in the show for tge Hawks after several years in the minors then went 9n to 3 seasons with the Flyers before ending his NHL career in Edmonton is OHL coach 9f the Year and has the stacked favourites Erie down 2-1 in the OHL Western Finals ...Nobody expected Owen Sound to be contenders at the start of the year ...so many 18 year Olds ..a relatively young team ..but here they are. ERIE has a lot of talent. .and many key vets ..but unless they match the purpose level that Owen Sound plays at this really xoukd be the underdog beating the favourite.

You really think Nick Suzuki is the best prospect? I have not seen much of him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Erie Otters top 4 scorers vs Owen Sound Attack top 4 scorers this season (totals)

Erie:

1. DeBrincat 74g+81a=155pts (2.01 ppg)
2. TaRaddysh 50g+83a=133pts (1.84 ppg)
3. Strome 31g+65a= 96pts (1.96 ppg)
4. DaRaddysh 23g+73a= 96pts (1.26 ppg)

Owen Sound:

1. Palmu 52g+65a=117pts (1.54 ppg)
2. Suzuki 53g+64a=117pts (1.48 ppg)
3. Hancock 37g+59a= 96pts (1.17 ppg)
4. Gadjovich 50g+30a= 80pts (1.08 ppg)

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I like Suzuki a lot but he is not the best player in this draft.That said, if he falls to the mid-20's and the Hawks can snag him I would. I don't think he falls far enough, though.

Last edited:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I don't expect Suzuki to make it past the top 10. One of the youngest in the draft, too, which scouts love

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes cheb is tge best player I tge draft..a complete 3 zone player ..did you see tghe shot he blocked in tge high slot of Strome ?Or the set-up of Gadjovich in that s 30 foot flip pass in the air to the net which Gadjovich flying to the net swatted in baseball batter style?Suzuki also has grade A speed..Ge is a terrific hockey player ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
SCORE NOW 4-3 for Erie over Owen Sound with 2 minutes left in the 3rd period ...has been a great hockey game tonight ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Wow...Owen Sound almost ties it with 9 seconds left ...Suzuki great hustle to get to a puck behind the Erie net and he veins a battle digging it back out to the crease area where Owen Sound crashes the net and bang away..but the Erie goalie does not let it in ..Just 2C second slept on faceoff. ..Game over ...So Erie wins Game 4 on the road ..and series tied 2-2 ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well Erie wins big 7-2 today over Owen Sound to win the series 4 games to 2 and are the OHL West Champions ...DeBrincat another quiet game...just 2 assists (1 primary ,1 secondary) but kindnofvroutine...not the usual highlight reel set-ups from him. ..He did not do much today ...channeled the inner Toews coasting speed type game ....last few games have been su'par from him ...He has not scored a lot of goals this series. Today the 2 big older vet stars Erie traded for to bolster their chances to go to the Memorial Cup ....Warren Forge and Anthony Creek both had huge games and starred for Erie....Cirelli with a hat-trick and Foegele eand Strome akdo had big games on the scoresheet ...lately not DeBrincat starring much. .Hopefully he snaps outbpf his mni-slump next series against Mississauga in the OHL Championship best of 7 which begins in Erie next Thursday night .

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Alex DeBrincat vs Attack, 3 goals 6 assists in 6 games.

One shouldn't be as negative as hawksfan50 above about Brinksy,
but that said,i think he knows himself, that he can improve his game
greatly into the finals and for possible M-Cup.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well DeBrincat still did better with 2a yesterday than Sam Steel did (no points) as Regina won their series last night against Lethbridge to advance to the WHL Final ..but I did not see that game sp cannot tell if Steel played or not or if he was good or had a poir game for him even though they crushed Lethbridge just as Erie exploded on Owen Sound yesterday ..Shows how deep in talent both Erie and Regina are that they could put up 6 and 7 goals respectively yet both team's leading goal scorers and top point getters in regular season did not have big games in their team's series clincher to advance to their respective League Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad