Prospect Info: Alex DeBrincat - 2016 39th Overall (RW) /// UPDATE 11/7: signed to 3-yr ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Panik isn't back they can trade him for a good second round pick or a good player so it isn't the end of the world

That's a loss in my books. He's becoming a critical component to a 4th cup. A 2nd round pick does us no good for the current window. The Panik that showed up this year is the Panik that shows up next year imo.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Watched the majority of the Otters/Knights game last night. Debrincat was pretty meh overall.

On his 1st goal, it was completely lucky. He was behind the net and went to pass it out front to a teammate, and it went off of a Knight player and in behind Parsons.

His 2nd goal was good, but he almost had a 4x6 net to shoot at. He was basically in the corner, got a royal road pass to him with Parsons way out of his net. Collected the puck, and put a really nice wrister into the yawning cage as Parsons dove to try and make the save.

He didn't really stick out the rest of the game outside of a few nice passes. I feel like he will need a year in the AHL before getting a shot on the Hawks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You're wayyyyyy too defensive about what I meant. Kane has off or even bad nights and still tally's a couple points. It's a mark of a seriously talented player.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I guess I can't be honest about his play. If he scored 2 goals he must have been great.

You can say whatever you like, but I think we all know the only thing that matters is scoring goals and if he didn't have a great game and still scored twice, kind of shows who he really is which is my point. I have watched him more times than I can count, I can't remember more than maybe once or twice he didn't look outstanding..he is amazingly consistent which is what I like the most about him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You can say whatever you like, but I think we all know the only thing that matters is scoring goals and if he didn't have a great game and still scored twice, kind of shows who he really is which is my point. I have watched him more times than I can count, I can't remember more than maybe once or twice he didn't look outstanding..he is amazingly consistent which is what I like the most about him.

I've seen him a bunch of times, and I like him as well. I think his skating could use some work, but he knows where to be, and when to be there.

I was just saying his game the other night wasn't great even though he scored a couple of goals.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I wonder if Brett Hull ever had any of those..:sarcasm:

i was thinking something like that. mine i would prob say many players in the nhl will be happy with a goal, pretty much like they like a empty net goal.

a goal is a goal.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I guess I can't be honest about his play. If he scored 2 goals he must have been great.

I understand..

When guys get hot like DeBrincat has been basically all year pucks just find their way into the net.... It's pretty weird actually when you think about it. Then of course you have guys that go on cold streaks that couldn't score a goal if their life depended on it. Toews earlier in the season had that problem. Pucks would jump over his stick if he had an open 4x6.

You can bet DeBrincat will take the junk goals tho.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I've seen him a bunch of times, and I like him as well. I think his skating could use some work, but he knows where to be, and when to be there.

I was just saying his game the other night wasn't great even though he scored a couple of goals.

all valid points, he isn't a perfect prospect as he would have made team USA at this years WJC/ or stuck with the Hawks if that was the case.

he has some things to work on, but I just found it funny to have a meh game and score 2 goals...we all wish we could have that :laugh:

he puts himself in positions to score like you said, that's his biggest attribute - Offensive IQ.

I think the best thing we can do with him is have him play with either/both Toews and Hossa. Let this kid learn the ropes from 180 foot beasts...they will help him out so much with the do's and dont's of this game. Just look at Schmaltz and his growth this year with playing on and off with those two..

I have every expectation that he makes the club next year, and is an even bigger contributor offensively than either Hartman or Schmaltz were.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
all valid points, he isn't a perfect prospect as he would have made team USA at this years WJC/ or stuck with the Hawks if that was the case.

he has some things to work on, but I just found it funny to have a meh game and score 2 goals...we all wish we could have that :laugh:

he puts himself in positions to score like you said, that's his biggest attribute - Offensive IQ.

I think the best thing we can do with him is have him play with either/both Toews and Hossa. Let this kid learn the ropes from 180 foot beasts...they will help him out so much with the do's and dont's of this game. Just look at Schmaltz and his growth this year with playing on and off with those two..

I have every expectation that he makes the club next year, and is an even bigger contributor offensively than either Hartman or Schmaltz were.

What I would like as well. Let DeBrincat play 1LW next year and move Schmaltz to center. Kero takes Kruger's role with brutal deployment on the 4th line.

Schmaltz would benefit from playing with Hossa full time. Kid needs to learn to use his motor every shift and he'll be a dominant player. Shows it in spurts but not enough atm.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
London forces a game 7 with a 2-1 OT wi over Erie tonight...ERIE fired 45 shots on Parsons in the London net and gave up only 26 shots..Many glorious scoring chances by Erie also missed the net ...On one PP Erie kept tge puck in a full 2 minutes in tge Lindon zone ...by their 2nd pp unit! The y could not finish numerous scoring chances ..but why no DeBrincat Strome and T.Raddysh ...their 1st pp unit during the 2 minutes. .because the 2nd unit xoukd not get off the ice! It had control of the puck the entire 2 minutes ..Kind on could not clear itbout and Erie kept on a tracking but could not beat Parsons or missed finishing off plays. .Very strange ..never saw a pp like that ..

Another very strange thing ocuured in the other OHL game today at the end of the 2nd period in the OWEN Sound game against Sault Saint-Marie... (Owen Sound won 1-0 to win series 4-2). What happened was this...As tge period clock wound down to zero the puck was sent over the glass in the d-zone by an Owen Sound player ...ref call delay if game but the replay clearly shows the puck in the air as the clock showed no time left and buzzer sounded.The puck only landed in tge seats after that it was in the air as time expired. .So how can tgwre be a delay if game with no time left even if the shot lift started before time expired? Clearly you cannot have a delay of game after time expires just as goals cannot be sore if the light goes on to end the period even though the shot was taken before time expired but was in the air before going in. .The ref still called a DIG penalty and added 1 second back on the clock..

So the question is...right call?

If a DOG shot starts before the period shows no time on the clock and the light goes on to end the period whike the shot is in the air...is it delay of game?Because the shot started before tone expired?Because it in the opinion of the ref had crossed over the glass but not yet landed in the seats before time had expired and he meant to blow the whistle for a DOG even though he only did that after time expired? So was it in fact over the glass or just crossing over it as the light went non to end the period (I do not think one could tell exactly )but in the mind of the ref it did ..In any case he had to add back 1 second to make sure the puck crossed over the glass with time remaining (a tie goes to the benefit of the attacking team rather than the clearing attempt team?)..I gather that if it was a goal score situation instead ,if time expires before the puck lands into the net accross the goal line there is no goal..it must land into the net ...Either on the ice surface or the netting inside the net ..but no goal if still in the air before it hits the ice or netting inside the net line..Or is it a goal if still in the air but not yet Landed inside the net?Not sure ..But IF it must Land inside the net before the period expires to be countedcavgoal ..then why not Dog lifts over the glass must land in tge seats before period expires in order to give a Dog penalty?

Can anyone clarify tge exact rules for these situations ...merely crois line or glass before period expiry for goal or dog penalty respectively ...or must land in net or land in seats for the respective goal or D9g penalty to be given? In any case very strange situation.. Ref calls a DOG on Owen Sound but has to bad a second to clock to make the whole thing kosher! Very odd.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Another very strange thing ocuured in the other OHL game today at the end of the 2nd period in the OWEN Sound game against Sault Saint-Marie... (Owen Sound won 1-0 to win series 4-2). What happened was this...As tge period clock wound down to zero the puck was sent over the glass in the d-zone by an Owen Sound player ...ref call delay if game but the replay clearly shows the puck in the air as the clock showed no time left and buzzer sounded.The puck only landed in tge seats after that it was in the air as time expired. .So how can tgwre be a delay if game with no time left even if the shot lift started before time expired? Clearly you cannot have a delay of game after time expires just as goals cannot be sore if the light goes on to end the period even though the shot was taken before time expired but was in the air before going in. .The ref still called a DIG penalty and added 1 second back on the clock..

So the question is...right call?

If a DOG shot starts before the period shows no time on the clock and the light goes on to end the period whike the shot is in the air...is it delay of game?Because the shot started before tone expired?Because it in the opinion of the ref had crossed over the glass but not yet landed in the seats before time had expired and he meant to blow the whistle for a DOG even though he only did that after time expired? So was it in fact over the glass or just crossing over it as the light went non to end the period (I do not think one could tell exactly )but in the mind of the ref it did ..In any case he had to add back 1 second to make sure the puck crossed over the glass with time remaining (a tie goes to the benefit of the attacking team rather than the clearing attempt team?)..I gather that if it was a goal score situation instead ,if time expires before the puck lands into the net accross the goal line there is no goal..it must land into the net ...Either on the ice surface or the netting inside the net ..but no goal if still in the air before it hits the ice or netting inside the net line..Or is it a goal if still in the air but not yet Landed inside the net?Not sure ..But IF it must Land inside the net before the period expires to be countedcavgoal ..then why not Dog lifts over the glass must land in tge seats before period expires in order to give a Dog penalty?

Can anyone clarify tge exact rules for these situations ...merely crois line or glass before period expiry for goal or dog penalty respectively ...or must land in net or land in seats for the respective goal or D9g penalty to be given? In any case very strange situation.. Ref calls a DOG on Owen Sound but has to bad a second to clock to make the whole thing kosher! Very odd.

Going over the glass does not trigger a DOG, IMO.
The play is not complete until it is determined that the puck does not return to the playing surface, i.e. lands in the seats. At that moment if there is no time on the clock, no penalty is required.

Just as an illegal handpass is only called when the play is completed. No reception of illegal handpas, no handpass call.

I can't see how it could be any other way. It would require the refs to anticipate what is going to happen instead of calling what has happened.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Brinksy got an assists in game 6 OT defeat,that totals his play-offs
stats as follows,5 goals,15 assists, 20 points in 10 games.

Alex Debrincat have played just over 70 games this season,
when you count those 10 post season games.

70g+77a=147pts | +64 | 49 pim | 355 sog
ppg: 15 ppa: 32 ppp: 47 gwg: 12
fo%: 54 (345 face-off attempts)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Brinksy got an assists in game 6 OT defeat,that totals his play-offs
stats as follows,5 goals,15 assists, 20 points in 10 games.

Alex Debrincat have played just over 70 games this season,
when you count those 10 post season games.

70g+77a=147pts | +64 | 49 pim | 355 sog
ppg: 15 ppa: 32 ppp: 47 gwg: 12
fo%: 54 (345 face-off attempts)

I did not realize he won faceoffs to a 54% level...345 draws is not a lot in 70 GP ...but if he can won draws then you use him in the dot while the C on his line starts draws at wing ...then after the draw they go back to their usual positions ...This is similar to how Saint John uses Matt Highmore who is a RW but takes a lot of draws for them ...So it could be using these 2 in this way alleviates our faceoff problems with our Centers (except for Toews...ususlly).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
With Erie and London going to a game 7 tomorrow night in Erie ..if by chance Erie loses the game and DeBrincat's OHL season over ...do Hawks recall him for Black Aces or to actually insert him for at least Hame 4 vs.Nadhville?

If the Hawks do not get past Nashville ...do you think team USA would invite DeBrincat to be on their team at the IIHF World Championship Tournament? even though Team USA Jr's kept him off their team for the WJHC?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
With Erie and London going to a game 7 tomorrow night in Erie ..if by chance Erie loses the game and DeBrincat's OHL season over ...do Hawks recall him for Black Aces or to actually insert him for at least Hame 4 vs.Nadhville?

If the Hawks do not get past Nashville ...do you think team USA would invite DeBrincat to be on their team at the IIHF World Championship Tournament? even though Team USA Jr's kept him off their team for the WJHC?

Good questions.

I dunno,but it'd be sweet if Brinksy played at the worlds.
i hope he and Erie go all the way though.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

I'd imagine they'd bring him up to be with the team but I would be really surprised if he got tossed into the lineup. He absolutely should be on the US roster but we'll see if he actually is or not if he is an option.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I expect Erie to come out blazing and bombard the London net...it is in their barn in Erie...but the EQUSLIZER is Parsons in net..if he plays as well as lasy game in London (stopped 44 of 45 shots on goal) then he could again steal a win for the Knights. ..The DeBrincat Strome duo has not really broken out big in GOALS in this series ..DeBrincat has been more 2 to 1 in asdssts to goals in the playoffs so far ...different than his nearly 50-50 ratio in the regular season...He and Strome have not really made the Erie 1st line click to the degree they dominated in regular season..So I think their line is due for a big game.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Honestly depends on our overall team and how they play tonight if we win but have some players underperforming and then Erie gets knocked out and Alex is available without any question bring this kid up an insert him in the lineup..look at Boston and what they did with Charlie McAvoy and he has been phenomenal and that's on defense.. that's not the norm to the rule,I understand that but this kid has elite level skill and if we need a boost this is the one wildcard that we can bring up and shake everything up��

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad