Confirmed with Link: Alex Burrows no longer assistant coach, becomes development consultant

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Number 22. You go to board.
You deke then slapshot to da top corner. Score goal.

Not just that. The way he used to effortlessly deke through players on a one man breakout.

It looked he was playing point guard in basketball who was crossing up his check. It was so unique, and again, it can't be taught.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Would love to see Markov offered this job. Not sure if he'd take it, but he sure knew what he was doing on the back end for years

Reactions: BLONG7

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Would Vinny Lecavalier be interested???
I like the Markov or Kovalev idea also................gotta think MSL has a former team mate who he has in mind? Brad Ricards?
No, Vinny said that he has no interest in coaching

And I don’t understand why some want Markov/Kovalev. I understand they where key players for us but we need a coach not a player.

Markov was even fired from his short sting as an Assistant coach in the KHL and really doesn’t have the profil of a coach

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

And I don’t understand why some want Markov/Kovalev. I understand they where key players for us but we need a coach not a player.

Markov was even fired from his short sting as an Assistant coach in the KHL and really doesn’t have the profil of a coach

Sometimes..................players who performed at a high level can share their knowledge and want to coach.......that's why certain players come to mind.
Carbo and Jarvis come to mind where they did coach and run a PP and PK and so on.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

This translated paragraph is pretty funny lol

"The attitude manifested itself later, when Markov requested a short agreement to finally hold 1000 matches in the NHL, but the « Montreal » manual did not go for this either. He left — bye, someday see you at the celebrations, unless, of course, we forget to invite."

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'm going to miss the drop passes
The drop passed is used against teams that place three players at the blue line and send a forward press the puck carrier. The goal is to bring that forward to a side, make a drop pass then attack the other side. That's why it's used almost universally.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We're a bit lucky haha Houle and Burrows leaving on their own.
Houle leaving was real luck, since he signed his extension.

I think they knew about Burrows and just offered the extension as a formality. He's staying in the organization.

Reactions: TRG

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I find it hilarious thinking that this specific thing will change much even though the rest of the staff is the same.

MSL oversaw everything. If MSL is still here, we're going to run a similar style.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

from Google translate: "And how did Markov spend this time in the main team? He didn't do anything. Some hockey players never heard the voice of the former defenseman. Markov is a silent man, but he turned on the star mode. He himself believed that his mere appearance should improve the level of the team. Mironov quickly realized that he couldn't really count on his assistant, and took everything into his own hands. And Markov was fine with that. Of course, he tried to communicate with the team's defensemen, but he didn't try very hard."

Markov used Telepathy, it wasn't effective :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad