Alex Burmistrov (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So you are saying anytime you buy a jersey the player gets traded? if that's the case do you want to buy a Pavelec jersey? I'll throw in a Stuart jersey for free.

Well that's not what I was saying. Just my luck but it is an idea. :laugh:

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
He's an affodable option for bottom 6 next year. I like him as a depth guy if he continues to put up these numbers. Exactly what the Jets need.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
No!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Continue to stink and then just fade away.

We were a better team without him, we will be a better team without him again.

I don't car what the stats say.

were still hoping for this kid, he's not some 19yr old rookie. I have no desire to develop him anymore. he isn't what we need him to be he has never been what we need him to be.

go away. take your "glimpses" with you.

it'll be the same next year. another busted season with "glimpse" of what he could be.

NO NO NO NOPE NEVER NO

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
No!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Continue to stink and then just fade away.

We were a better team without him, we will be a better team without him again.

I don't car what the stats say.

were still hoping for this kid, he's not some 19yr old rookie. I have no desire to develop him anymore. he isn't what we need him to be he has never been what we need him to be.

go away. take your "glimpses" with you.

it'll be the same next year. another busted season with "glimpse" of what he could be.

NO NO NO NOPE NEVER NO

Well that was an emotional reaction if ever there was one

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Last 23 games:

54.7 Corsi and 1.7 p/60

**** Burmi... please just do this all year now on please.

Very nice. This was what I was expecting / hoping for when he came back. Something seems to have clicked with him, beyond getting better linemates to outlet to.

He almost seems to enjoy throwing the puck at the net lately.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Very nice. This was what I was expecting / hoping for when he came back. Something seems to have clicked with him, beyond getting better linemates to outlet to.

He almost seems to enjoy throwing the puck at the net lately.

I think we probably should have expected him to take some time to figure out the NHL again, I just had no idea it would be as bad or as long as it was. This recent stretch probably has aspects of a hot streak and linemates, but it's clear he's figuring it out.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
"I don't care about what the stats say" is a funny statement in a game where stats is everything:
Most goals win.

Yeah and you've been using "stats" to defend a guy who doesn't score ever.for Years now.
This guy was Tim Stapleton light his last years in the K and you were still saying how good he was and would be.
Now after a season of utter uselessness he has a bit of a run, in games with absolutely no meaning whatsoever, games we are still losing I might add, and what He's suddenly a great asset?

No thanks. trade him for a bag of pucks and wave good-bye.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah and you've been using "stats" to defend a guy who doesn't score ever.for Years now.
This guy was Tim Stapleton light his last years in the K and you were still saying how good he was and would be.
Now after a season of utter uselessness he has a bit of a run, in games with absolutely no meaning whatsoever, games we are still losing I might add, and what He's suddenly a great asset?

YOu know that stats just quantify reality. I am not sure what in heck you could possibly mean by stats to defend a guy. The stats just count and average things that happen on the ice. Care to come up with some measure to back your opinion?

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
YOu know that stats just quantify reality. I am not sure what in heck you could possibly mean by stats to defend a guy. The stats just count and average things that happen on the ice. Care to come up with some measure to back your opinion?

I have repeatedly stated that this Kid is a bust.

265 games with 76 points type bust. - 15 bust. "Difficult to play with" bust. Benched in the KHL bust.

When I mention that, the advance stat guys start bringing up corsi/fenwick+TOI/QC 7XBGY stats that PROVE AB is a good player. He isn't

He's got almost 300 games in and nothing much to show for it. How long are we gonna wait for him to "get it".

He's a bust, Bad draft choice, the pundits were wrong. It happens.

He's easily replaceable with a hundred other guys who don't have the special needs or understanding from coaching about "developing in the Russian system" or whatever Maurice said in his last interview.

Move on.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

I have repeatedly stated that this Kid is a bust.

265 games with 76 points type bust. - 15 bust. "Difficult to play with" bust. Benched in the KHL bust.

When I mention that, the advance stat guys start bringing up corsi/fenwick+TOI/QC 7XBGY stats that PROVE AB is a good player. He isn't

He's got almost 300 games in and nothing much to show for it. How long are we gonna wait for him to "get it".

He's a bust, Bad draft choice, the pundits were wrong. It happens.

He's easily replaceable with a hundred other guys who don't have the special needs or understanding from coaching about "developing in the Russian system" or whatever Maurice said in his last interview.

Move on.

Ok so no you don't have any.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

No.

All I did was point out his teammates scored more and outscored more with him. Not using Corsi or "corsi/fenwick+TOI/QC 7XBGY"... just linemate scoring and outscoring.
Well that and I also showed why by looking at his neutral zone transitional results.

He has a bit of a run, but we should point out that his run is more like 2011-13.

I do find it funny though that you are using a team stat (wins) to argue your point...

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
this is prior to this year...
article_167a5e54-0e3b-40e2-a7d8-205c64437f52.png

he was legitimately useful :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad