AFCON 2021

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Groups are set. The tournament goes from Jan 9 to Feb 6 in Cameroon.

afcon groups.jpg

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Huitièmes de finale[modifier | modifier le code]

2e du Groupe A Match 37 2e du Groupe C
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1er du Groupe B Match 38 3e du Groupe A, C ou D
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1er du Groupe D Match 39 3e du Groupe B, E ou F
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1er du Groupe A Match 40 3e du Groupe C, D ou E
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1er du Groupe C Match 41 3e du Groupe A, B ou F
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1er du Groupe F Match 42 2e du Groupe E
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1er du Groupe E Match 43 2e du Groupe D
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2e du Groupe B Match 44 2e du Groupe F
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Quarts de finale[modifier | modifier le code]

Vainqueur du Match 37 Match 45 Vainqueur du Match 39
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Vainqueur du Match 38 Match 46 Vainqueur du Match 42
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Vainqueur du Match 41 Match 47 Vainqueur du Match 43
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Vainqueur du Match 40 Match 48 Vainqueur du Match 44
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Demi-finales[modifier | modifier le code]

Vainqueur du Match 45 Match 49 Vainqueur du Match 46
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Vainqueur du Match 47 Match 50 Vainqueur du Match 48
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Coupe d'Afrique des nations de football 2021 — Wikipédia

Only looked host Cameroon's draw in the French wikipedia and if they win their group A, they should have pretty easy route to the semis if there are no surprises in other groups. It's not surprising as hosts are usually favoured in the seedings.

Reactions: Power Man

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think Cameroon has the quality to challenge this year. Not worried about the draw in the slightest.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Absolutely love this tourney even if it kills Arsenal a bit on the squad front.

Group A: Cameroon / Burkina Faso
Pretty big gap between the top two and bottom two even if I think Ethiopia has an underrated squad.

Group B: Senegal / Guinea
Another big gap between the top and the bottom.

Group C: Ghana / Morocco
Tough group since Gabon qualified, but these two have the best talent of the bunch and are pretty deep. I know I shouldn't underrated Morocco, but I have Ghana finishing 1st.

Group D: Nigeria /Egypt
Egypt has more star talent and Nigeria never shows up on the international stage, but I am taking the risk and having Nigeria finishing top of the group. Guinea-Bissau should give every country a run of their money though.

Group E: Algeria / Cote d'Ivoire
Algeria should be one of the favourites for this entire tournament, they got Cote d'Ivoire to face and that will be tough, but they should get the top of group E.

Group F: Tunisia / Mali
Besides Tunisia, that second spot is open for grabs IMHO. Maybe I am underrated Mali, but this is by far the most interesting group for me besides D.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mooroco looks strong.

Bono
Hakimi - Augerd - Feddal - Mazraoui
Ziyech - Harit - Saiss - Labyad
En Nesyri - Munir

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not referring to pandemic. Referring to timing of the tournament mid season.
Her point is to focus on the civil war, but then later derides the people that did just that as purely self-serving? Hell, we saw the same thing on this board where when this topic was brought up, the argument was shifted to how the UK was actually more dangerous.

Kind of a muddied article. On the one hand, she's decrying the aims of derailing the tournament for "self-serving" purposes, and on the other, she's questioning why the "real" topic of civil war hasn't been more front and center while deriding those that tried to do just that as having ulterior motives. Seems like a no-win scenario.

As a general commentary, I agree the timing of the tournament definitely puts players in awkward positions. I don't recall the "noise" about it in past years quite as much as this go around, I think these are pretty unique circumstances.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Her point is to focus on the civil war, but then later derides the people that did just that as purely self-serving? Hell, we saw the same thing on this board where when this topic was brought up, the argument was shifted to how the UK was actually more dangerous.

Kind of a muddied article. On the one hand, she's decrying the aims of derailing the tournament for "self-serving" purposes, and on the other, she's questioning why the "real" topic of civil war hasn't been more front and center while deriding those that tried to do just that as having ulterior motives. Seems like a no-win scenario.

As a general commentary, I agree the timing of the tournament definitely puts players in awkward positions. I don't recall the "noise" about it in past years quite as much as this go around, I think these are pretty unique circumstances.
Yeah there was some talk in the other international thread on what’s going on in Cameroon a couple of weeks ago. Thought this would be a pertinent follow up.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
one of my fav tournaments. always liked the style of play of africans teams and the atmosphere and many drums in the stands.

however there is some really low level of players in this tournament. for exemple blati toure plays for AFC in swedish second division.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
one of my fav tournaments. always liked the style of play of africans teams and the atmosphere and many drums in the stands.

however there is some really low level of players in this tournament. for exemple blati toure plays for AFC in swedish second division.
But can Messi do it during a cold snowy night in Goteborg?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also really looking forward to this one. Ghana v Moroco Monday is what I'm most pumped for at the moment.

Reactions: S E P H

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Some of these matches could become a farce:

"Countries suffering Covid outbreaks will have to play their Africa Cup of Nations matches even if they have only 11 players available. New guidelines from the Confederation of African Football (Caf) state matches will still go ahead even if none of the 11 players is a goalkeeper."

Covid-hit Afcon teams with 11 players must play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad