Adrian Wojnarowski retires

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I get why he's quitting.

I make fun of these insiders for getting paid a lot to cut and paste text messages, but it is a miserable life. They are on the clock every moment of every day because them keeping their status requires looking at your phone every time it dings. Delay in copying and pasting isn't an option.

There are no vacations. There is no family time. Even when you sleep you have to wake up and look at your phone's every alert. You are always on the job.

Reactions: Insidefi

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
The craziest thing to me (a fellow St. Bonaventure Bonnie) is that HOW does this happen?

There's zero chance St. Bona has the audacity to offer him the position. Dude was making $7 million a year on a 5-year contract with $21 million left.

St. Bona's entire athletics budget is $16.5 million. So they're not like "making a competitive offer" to Woj.

The only way this happens is if the AD/Coach at Bona called Woj and said "We're creating this position. You know anyone who'd be good?" and he said "yeah, me."

Which means they must have said "You want to take a 97% pay-cut to be our GM?" and he said "Yes. I do." And honestly, the proper response to that for the Bonnies really should be "if you're willing to part with $21 million over the next three years, why don't you stay at ESPN and just donate your salary to us?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad