Confirmed with Link: Adin Hill traded to Vegas for 2024 4th Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I’m sure Reimer will return more at the deadline (or at least that’s the hope). I’m okay with this trade.
The only reason I’m against that is because Reimer might help the team with a handful of games. Not enough to make a dent in the playoff push, but enough to push their draft position to like 9-12, similar to what he did this past season.

Thanks again DW…

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
I wonder if Grier decided he couldn't get a 2nd for Reimer now, so he'll take what he can get for Hill now and perhaps reevaluate near the deadline.

Sharks
Reimer
Kähkönen

Barracuda
Mann
Mäkiniemi
Dell

Wichita
Emond

If Reimer is moved, Dell probably moves up to be the NHL backup unless one of the young guys excels.
How are we projecting Makiniemi? Any chance he can take the reigns in 1-2 years? Looks like he was a stalwart in the AHL for the Canes. Could be a good tender for us long term.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Adin Hill is an easy goalie to figure out. His glove hand is awful. For a 6’4 goalie it’s pretty easy to pick the corners of the net. Shoot high corners and you’ll score.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Hill heel turn incoming

Hill: "I'm really happy to be here and be able to play with a locker room full of really talented players who have a high compete level. Vegas, baby!"

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
How are we projecting Makiniemi? Any chance he can take the reigns in 1-2 years? Looks like he was a stalwart in the AHL for the Canes. Could be a good tender for us long term.

Honestly, I have no way to evaluate goalie prospects. Mäkiniemi and Mann both having NHL potential is about the most detailed I can get.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It seems like a low return, but hard to blame Grier when DW set expectations paying way too much...

The fact that it's a 2024 4th bothers me...Vegas knew they had Grier over the barrel...

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
It seems like a low return, but hard to blame Grier when DW set expectations paying way too much...

The fact that it's a 2024 4th bothers me...Vegas knew they had Grier over the barrel...
Why is it hard to blame Grier? He just helped your rival for the cost of nothing. Sure Hill isn’t a starter, but he’s a 26 year old NHL goalie.

Alex Georgiev is worse and got NYR two 3rd round picks and a 5th to a team in another conference

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I'm ok with this. Don't have high hopes for Hill and Vegas is another dumpster fire that won't do much this year. I still think Reimer gets moved. I'd rather Niemi JR and Mann get the workload in the minors and roll with Kappo and Dell with the big club.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Why is it hard to blame Grier? He just helped your rival for the cost of nothing. Sure Hill isn’t a starter, but he’s a 26 year old NHL goalie.

Alex Georgiev is worse and got NYR two 3rd round picks and a 5th to a team in another conference
How is Georgiev worse than Hill when he’s played 50 more NHL games at the same age with a higher career SV%? Not to mention the Avs traded for three years of Georgiev while Hill is a UFA in a year.

Vegas being a “rival” is irrelevant. For all intents and purposes the Sharks are not in the same league as the Golden Knights. Trading a third string goalie to a team is hardly “helping” them anyway.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Georgiev isn’t worse bud. Hill was real bad and the Sharks are real bad. This is a nothing move.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California

We aren't going to be competitive for 3 years at minimum. Probably longer. Sharks shouldn't be worried about helping Vegas at this point. Grier was smart in not limiting his options on the off chance this allows Vegas to beat us 5-2 as opposed to 5-1. Basement dwellers like us shouldn't care until we have a decent team again.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
well-bye.gif

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Vegas just added another 2 million dollars to there cap issues also, yes they have weber and lehner on long term. But still that team has 0 cap flexibility going into the season.
Exactly. So Hill either plays and takes up 2.175m on the roster, they scratch him consistently and he never plays, or they send him down and risk losing him on waivers.

Vegas just gave us something for a below-replacement goalie at an above-replacement cap hit AND helped us with our goalie log jam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad