Speculation: Adding a top 6 C, who moves to the wing? (Danault/Galchenyuk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
No team wants that salary, unless they're sending an undesirable player/salary back.

Duchene doesn't fit the category of undesirable.

Its been well noted that Colorado Would have to take back a bad contract to move duchene, furthermore Plek probably gets claimed by vegas.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Its been well noted that Colorado Would have to take back a bad contract to move duchene, furthermore Plek probably gets claimed by vegas.

Except they don't HAVE to move Duchene at all...so no, I don't think they HAVE to take a bad contract to move Duchene.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Except they don't HAVE to move Duchene at all...so no, I don't think they HAVE to take a bad contract to move Duchene.

No but they are actively shopping him. As in they want to trade him. It is common in the cap era for teams to take on bad contracts when big trades occur.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No but they are actively shopping him. As in they want to trade him. It is common in the cap era for teams to take on bad contracts when big trades occur.

Yes, they're shopping him but they're under no pressure to deal him.

He's not a pending UFA, he hasn't requested a trade.

They can play this out until they get what they want and I'm sorry, I don't think Tomas Plekanec is someone they want.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

That's if you're willing to part ways with Sergachev+ for Duchene.. personally i dont think Duchene makes us a legit contender tbh, never been a big fan of his.

jjmathews202

Jul 21, 2015
A lot of people here and in RL have expressed interest in Landeskog or Duchene. To me, if they pick up Duchene, they have more flexibility. IIRC Duchene has played wing before. Then you have a rotation of Danault, Galchenyuk, and Duchene who can all play top 6, and have all played both C and wing before (Danault and Duchene as LW and Galchenyuk as RW). From there I'm sure we can make something work... Or move Danault down to 3rd C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad