Value of: Adam Ruzicka

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Simple thread, really. After trading for Zadorov, Canucks could use another big player, this time a forward with some skill in Ruzicka. What would be the cost for the Flames to move on from him if Calgary's going for a retool/ rebuild? Can't imagine it being too much, since he's had a tough time with consistency and holding down a regular spot in the lineup?

Thoughts appreciated, thanks.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I'd aim to flip him for another player in a similar position as him. I'd flip him for Frost if he is still out of favour in Philly

Which Canuck has shown glimpses of being a top 6/top 4 guy and struggles with consistency. Hoglander?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I like Rosie, but I don't think he has a ton of value. I think he's more valuable to the Flames than on the trade market.

Reactions: tmurfin and Figgy44

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I like Rosie, but I don't think he has a ton of value. I think he's more valuable to the Flames than on the trade market.

I'd assume he's worth around a 3rd which is still good vs the pick we used to draft him, but I agree we'd need more than that to consider moving him. I wouldn't have issues trading with Vancouver, it's often worked out reasonably well for both orgs in a back and forth situation a small premium I think is reasonable, but no need for insane interconference premiums like how things were a decade ago.

If Vancouver wants him though, premiums wise, I want all their 6th and 7th rounders for the next few years to the trade to make me feel better for the Z deal return. Especially if they're also potentially still in the mix for Tanev.

It's not an insane premium to request I think. I think their only decent 6th or 7th rounder in the last decade is Silovs? Flames have had a much better batting average with 6ths and 7th rounders in the last decade. Give us a handful of those as scratch cards as premiums as long as you can match what other teams are offering.

• Haha
Reactions: PettersonHughes

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
No reason to trade him unless someone blows the doors off. He has too much potential if he ever puts it all together.

Reactions: Figgy44

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Keep him. He's got high upside. Unlikely to reach it, but I'd love to see an extended run with him in the top 9 before we move him. He's big and has touch around the net. He's really our only player who converts at a high level on chances. Perhaps even a run with Backlund and Coleman who generate tons of chances but lack finish. I don't see anyone offering more than a mid round pick for him.

Reactions: Nanuuk

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I'd aim to flip him for another player in a similar position as him. I'd flip him for Frost if he is still out of favour in Philly

Which Canuck has shown glimpses of being a top 6/top 4 guy and struggles with consistency. Hoglander?
Hoglander doesn't really fit in that category anymore. He's 4th line but is starting to show glimpses of becoming more, and I'd hate if he was that skilled winger who got away for more meat and potatoes/ size in someone like Ruzicka. We have some good defender prospects e.g. Hirose (safer bet)/ Woo who's a project potential top-4 RHD marinating in the minors, and there's also Podkolzin who's definitely got upside but had been snakebit, though he's getting better; would you guys trade him for Podkolzin? Project for project.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Hoglander doesn't really fit in that category anymore. He's 4th line but is starting to show glimpses of becoming more, and I'd hate if he was that skilled winger who got away for more meat and potatoes/ size in someone like Ruzicka. We have some good defender prospects e.g. Hirose (safer bet)/ Woo who's a project potential top-4 RHD marinating in the minors, and there's also Podkolzin who's definitely got upside but had been snakebit, though he's getting better; would you guys trade him for Podkolzin? Project for project.
Yeah, if they don't think he is in the long term plans then that would be about his value assuming Podkolzin isn't straight AHL fodder now lol

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Yeah Ruzicka might be tall but he doesn't play big. He's basically very similar to Joe Colborne or Mark Jankowski; other inconsistent big guys that never really threw their size and weight around. And that's not likely ever going to be Ruzicka's game either. He's more of a cerebral playmaker. So if you're expecting "meat and potatoes" from Ruzicka, you're going to be disappointed.

I'd prefer not to move him at this stage but that being said, it's a numbers game. With Pelletier and Coronato knocking on the door and Honzek not too far away, something's gotta give. Flames are gonna keep some veterans around so it's guys like Duehr and Ruzicka that might end up being forced out.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Like a 5th/6th

Guys a roll of the dice on any given night. Goes from looking like a star to doing absolutely nothing.

Dueher and Ruzcika have underperformed so far this year but more likely to keep Dueher.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Give the habs another pick to go with it.
Habs can retain on him and then get another pick. Get some more futures
Garland and 4th (or lower) for Armia and I'd do it.

Yeah Ruzicka might be tall but he doesn't play big. He's basically very similar to Joe Colborne or Mark Jankowski; other inconsistent big guys that never really threw their size and weight around. And that's not likely ever going to be Ruzicka's game either. He's more of a cerebral playmaker. So if you're expecting "meat and potatoes" from Ruzicka, you're going to be disappointed.

I'd prefer not to move him at this stage but that being said, it's a numbers game. With Pelletier and Coronato knocking on the door and Honzek not too far away, something's gotta give. Flames are gonna keep some veterans around so it's guys like Duehr and Ruzicka that might end up being forced out.
ahh I see, good to know (though it makes sense, there's no footage of him even throwing hard hits, so I can see the Colborne comparison); if that's the case then maybe not as interested then.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Unless he wants a new team and a new opportunity I don't see the Flames having much reason to move on. Still a RFA at the end of the season and would be cheap to bring back.

Definitely suffers from consistency issues but rarely hurts you in his minutes. The package if it ever clicks for Ruz is worth holding on to.

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta

All three have a long way to go to prove they are every day NHL'ers. Just as Ruzicka has been. Honzek will have to spend at least one year in the AHL unless he is absolutely lights out during his next pro camp.

I agree with others that I would hold onto Ruzicka. The Flames are playing him regularly now at 4C and appear content to let him go through growing pains there. It seems to me that they are grooming him to play long term at centre.

Personally I think his production would be higher if they played him once again at wing. However, I would play him at RW instead of his natural LW. He has a shot and is good at passing/receiving passes off of his back hand. Get someone to feed him and the Flames might be onto something.

Last edited:

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Ruzicka for Jordan Harris

Would you do it?

Ruzicka is 1 year older (forward are normally faster to develop). He's a big forward with some talent.

Harris is a mobile, smart and versatile defenseman (can play both LD and RD).

MTL has a surplus of defensemen, they could add depth at forward.

Cgy has 6 up and coming UFAs in defense.

• Wow
Reactions: Faterson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad