Value of: Adam Henrique to New Jersey at deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Given Henrique's high salary, it's likely not many playoff teams will be able to absorb is cap hit at the trade deadline. Even if Anaheim retains half, it's still quite high.

With NJ having an abundance of cap space due to Hamilton injury, what would it take for NJ to acquire Henrique?

NJ could use additional veteran center depth as well as a forward who can excel in the dirty areas in front of the net.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
NJ needs to add another forward if they plan on competing in the playoffs. Chris Tierney getting regular minutes isn't going to get you very far.

Henrique is one of the higher AAV pending UFA forwards on the trade market. NJ should be one of the teams that will be able to acquire him easier than other clubs.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
NJ needs to add another forward if they plan on competing in the playoffs. Chris Tierney getting regular minutes isn't going to get you very far.

Henrique is one of the higher AAV pending UFA forwards on the trade market. NJ should be one of the teams that will be able to acquire him easier than other clubs.
Sure they could use a guy like Henrique, but he's more of a luxury than a necessity. If they think Gibson is an answer, then he could be involved there but that's highly unlikely.

Now if they can figure out those issues in season or in the offseason, I'd be okay with signing Rico or giving up a pick at the deadline.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
You're probably giving up a 2nd rounder + for him even at full cap. If retaining 50% makes a big difference in value I don't think Anaheim hesitates to hold money

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
No thanks this just feels like a step back year of growth on D ....I agree with other poster not the year to go all in giving up more assets for a short term fix that won't fix much.....

Reactions: My3Sons

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Ducks should retain 50% and take back a contract that expires this summer if it gets a better asset. Anaheim has plenty of depth everywhere, what's lacking is a couple more high end pieces (top 6 wingers). A little more likely to get one of those with a late 1st than a late 2nd+later pick. Or Rico+ prospect for a better prospect (but those type of deals never happen). Not necessarily saying that Devils should be the ones to do the deal either.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Henrique was my favourite devil and my least favourite trade we have ever made. That being said there is just no room with the whole team healthy. There are other needs to be addressed. That being said with dougie likely being out until playoff time if the devils make it that far, they wouldn’t need ducks to retain

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Henrique was my favourite devil and my least favourite trade we have ever made. That being said there is just no room with the whole team healthy. There are other needs to be addressed. That being said with dougie likely being out until playoff time if the devils make it that far, they wouldn’t need ducks to retain

What about Gibson...John Gibson?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
goalie and defense should take priority. if you ignore the problem it's not going to go away

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, goaltending and a 6th defenseman are bigger needs for NJ than another forward - not sure they need to be going all-in this season and giving up a ton of futures already.
So gibson + lybushkin

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
You can never count on the team being fully healthy for the playoffs. If they are, that's a great luxury. But I think you have to prepare for at least 2-3 guys to be injured, and if you think your lineup can withstand that, then you're looking good.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
You can never count on the team being fully healthy for the playoffs. If they are, that's a great luxury. But I think you have to prepare for at least 2-3 guys to be injured, and if you think your lineup can withstand that, then you're looking good.
We are deeper in forward than our other areas. Another Dman missing significant time would be absolute misery so I think the devils should be looking for a bottom pair leftie who can kill penalties.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I feel like Henrique is an over reach of an acquisition if the premise is, "well, someone may get hurt"

That premise is kind of why you go get a guy like Lazar like we did last year. A guy like Jason Dickinson probably going to be a lot cheaper and serves that function very well.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Rico (50%) + Lyubishkin (50%)

For

Hameenaho + Misyul

Ducks get the complementary Finnish forward that they maybe should have picked over Myatovic, maybe a Silfverberg type. Minty gets a Russian defensive partner replacement… although Misyul is a lefty so I’m not sure if he could play both sides.

Add a 2025 1st for Gibby… or 2024 1st for maybe a small retention.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Rico (50%) + Lyubishkin (50%)

For

Hameenaho + Misyul

Ducks get the complementary Finnish forward that they maybe should have picked over Myatovic, maybe a Silfverberg type. Minty gets a Russian defensive partner replacement… although Misyul is a lefty so I’m not sure if he could play both sides.

Add a 2025 1st for Gibby… or 2024 1st for maybe a small retention.

oh yikes, no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad