Value of: Adam Henrique at 50%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Henrique has had a solid rebound year with 16 points in 24 games and I think he could be a great addition to a contending team at under 3 mil in cap for 2 more years.

What would you give up for Henrique at 50%?

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
the team is currently 1 pt off the top of the division. This trade = why

This this.

People are still thinking certain teams are selling based off their season predictions and not the actual season.

If Anaheim falls off by deadline time, then sell away, but they are a playoff team right now. They aren't selling.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
This this.

People are still thinking certain teams are selling based off their season predictions and not the actual season.

If Anaheim falls off by deadline time, then sell away, but they are a playoff team right now. They aren't selling.

Henrique is a luxury that a rebuilding team doesn't need. Yes the Ducks are in a playoff position, but that shouldn't change how they treat players like Henrique that will not be a longterm part of the Ducks future. Especially when Colorado, Vegas, and Edmonton are the 3 teams behind them.

They are playoff contenders not cup contenders.

StarDucks

Sep 14, 2020
Henrique is a luxury that a rebuilding team doesn't need. Yes the Ducks are in a playoff position, but that shouldn't change how they treat players like Henrique that will not be a longterm part of the Ducks future. Especially when Colorado, Vegas, and Edmonton are the 3 teams behind them.

I don’t even know what this is supposed to mean. Anaheim is trying to make the playoffs this year. We aren’t exactly bursting with top 6 ready forwards currently either. Trading him if the team is in a playoff spot makes zero sense

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

I mean, you wouldn't even get much if anything for Henrique (three years on his contract) anyways so why bother selling him while you're in the playoffs.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I mean, you wouldn't even get much if anything for Henrique (three years on his contract) anyways so why bother selling him while you're in the playoffs.

That’s the question. I think Henrique at under 3 mil would really appealing to a team trying to win a cup. Obviously if he isn’t going to fetch anything in a trade then it isn’t worth it. But if the Ducks can get assets back I think it is worth it.

For example, if they can make a move for Fiala and use the return from Henrique as part of the package.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This this.

Anaheim should be looking big picture, we’re not a contender this year… and Henrique isn’t part of our future.

if we can use cap space to get value on him then we should look at that route

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Henrique is a luxury that a rebuilding team doesn't need.

True, but Troy Terry needs some linemates who kind of know how to play hockey at the NHL level. Right now he is stuck with two AHLers with Getzlaf and Henrique out.

I’d hold off on trading Henrique until Comtois reestablishes himself as a top 6 left winger.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
True, but Troy Terry needs some linemates who kind of know how to play hockey at the NHL level. Right now he is stuck with two AHLers with Getzlaf and Henrique out.

I’d hold off on trading Henrique until Comtois reestablishes himself as a top 6 left winger.
I assume trading Henrique... essentially is opneing a roster spot for another trade to bring in help for terry, that fits more long term.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This is tricky,last season ANA likely would do alot to get this contract off the books...Now this season he has rebounded,and should be moved alot easier... But would create a hole...

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Makes zero sense to do anything like this now whether he is part of long term plans or not. We wait until a couple weeks before the deadline and evaluate where our season is and the direction we need to go.

If it’s a trade that makes sense for our team in the immediate future then you consider it, but we don’t get rid of Henrique right now for something that won’t help us very very soon.

Reactions: duckpuck

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
To me, here is the thing. He has term so we're not "losing him for nothing" any time soon. He fills a top 6 role. He consistently puts up 20-30 goal paces, even last year when he was waived. He's not the guy you move unless you need to make room or are going to lose him to UFA. MC is the likeliest candidate to push him down the lineup but Guys like Jones Perrault and Tracy aren't ready to step into a 3rd line role in the NHL. So unless we have an upgrade coming in I see no reason to move him right now. People are fixated on the idea of sell high because he has rebounded and we can get value for him again. At this stage his contract is likely perfect for holding down a top 9 role while those prospects I mentioned above progress and become NHL ready.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Ducks shouldn't make moves just to make moves. Henrique should be moved only if he either gets the Ducks valuable futures or is moved for a similar "short-term" (in the sense that he's not going to be part of the Zegras-core) at a greater position of need. My thinking is they should stick to the low risk trades that might get them higher rewards (Djoos/Fleury/Milano type trades). The only other reason I'd look to move him is if he were holding another younger player back from taking a spot, but even with Comtois back, there really isn't a prospect ready/deserving of full time NHL duties yet.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Henrique and his salary is a luxury nobody wants

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I’m not sure tbh, do you guys have any excess forwards ? Or any extra RHD ?

Excess forwards, not really per say, but some could move.

Troy Stecher is an extra defenseman. Don't see why he couldn't be included in the deal (1.7, UFA.) if Anaheim wants him. And I don't mean 1 for 1, Detroit would have to add more than just him.

EDIT:

Fabbri(@50%)
Stecher
Jared McIsaac

For

Henrique
Hunter Drew

?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad