Value of: Adam boqvist to Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I heard the jackets maybe shopping defenseman. I don’t know who but I love the idea of Nashville trading for boqvist.
I think he would look really nice beside Josi on the top pair.
So what would it take from the preds, I know it’ll be steep but how steep?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I heard the jackets maybe shopping defenseman. I don’t know who but I love the idea of Nashville trading for boqvist.
We want a center, and I doubt there are any that Nashville would want to trade.

Not sure what round pick it would take to acquire Boqvist.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A pair of 2nd rounders ought to be enough, maybe a 2nd+3rd.

He's super young and he can run a powerplay. Not good defensively. Unfortunately Boqvist plays the exact minutes they need to give to Jiricek, so Boqvist should go to the highest bidder.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I told y’all trading away Seth Jones was gonna bite Nashville in the ass eventually

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Boqvist+ for Schaefer?

Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
:huh: I don't really understand the premise here. Nashville has more than enough defensemen atm. Including plenty of smaller ones, softer ones, puck-moving ones, PP ones. It just doesn't seem like a style of player the team has any room for? I mean, when you have Cap space and are in a bit of a retool, there's room to pick up somebody if they're really being shopped on the cheap due to some other team's Cap issues or surplus, but I don't really see Boqvist in that category. I don't think the Preds are looking to pay any full or fair price for any players in a trade right now. Bargains, sure, maybe. Like "we'll take that player for free if y'all are desperate to dump him"... but not paying a reasonable price. We have 4 RD as it is.

Reactions: Viqsi and Armourboy

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I told y’all trading away Seth Jones was gonna bite Nashville in the ass eventually
Yeah 7 years later and way overpaid and we are rebuilding. Yeah boy howdy that's just breaking our hearts. :laugh:

:huh: I don't really understand the premise here. Nashville has more than enough defensemen atm. Including plenty of smaller ones, softer ones, puck-moving ones, PP ones. It just doesn't seem like a style of player the team has any room for? I mean, when you have Cap space and are in a bit of a retool, there's room to pick up somebody if they're really being shopped on the cheap due to some other team's Cap issues or surplus, but I don't really see Boqvist in that category. I don't think the Preds are looking to pay any full or fair price for any players in a trade right now. Bargains, sure, maybe. Like "we'll take that player for free if y'all are desperate to dump him"... but not paying a reasonable price. We have 4 RD as it is.
And that's not even counting guys like Livingstone or Stastney. The last thing we need to be trading for right now is a Dman.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I are confuse. Boqvist is a "fourth forward" type; I don't think that's what the Preds need.

I mean, speaking as a Jackets fan, I wouldn't mind moving him, but I try not to screw over one of my teams for the benefit of the other...

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I mean didn't Boqvist outscore Mailloux at the same age in the same league?
Yes but stronger, higher scoring team for Boqvist and (due to his own stupidity) Mailloux lost an entire year of development. Mailloux is also huge and still a better skater than Boqvist. There's a lot of room for error but his upside could be huge

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
RyJo doesn’t get injured in the WCF Predators likely win the Stanley Cup in 2017. But yeah 7 years later Jones is on his 3rd team already with a monster contract.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Wonder if SJ would want him? They don't have any offensive D-men after trading EK65 and he could be a poor, poor man's version of his fellow Swede and take the reins of their powerplay (they currently run a 5-forward set).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad