Value of: Actual realistic offers for Chychrun from other fanbases

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'm sure most sens fans including myself would want quite a bit for chychrun. So I'm just asking what other fans would offer.

So while I doubt we'll get a high first rounder and an excellent prospect, I also doubt all were getting is a 2nd rounder as well. Chychrun at the deadline would still fetch a late first from a contender.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I'm sure most sens fans including myself would want quite a bit for chychrun. So I'm just asking what other fans would offer.

So while I doubt we'll get a high first rounder and an excellent prospect, I also doubt all were getting is a 2nd rounder as well. Chychrun at the deadline would still fetch a late first from a contender.

What did you guys pay for him? I'd imagine if you cut that into quarters and then pick one of the quarters that would be about the right price.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

His value is very low right now. Maybe a late first but I doubt it unless a contender becomes desperate. I think you are looking at something like a 2nd + a B/C-prospect as the return.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Chychrun, since coming to Ottawa, has seen his “value” change in the following ways:

+: played a full 82, able to stay healthy
+: continued to display very good goal scoring ability and ability to eat a decent amount of minutes
-: cannot be relied on as a shutdown option
-: cannot be relied on for physicality
-: struggles on his offside
-: struggles to drive/create his own offense
-: mediocre outlet
-: needs a certain type of partner to succeed
-: impending UFA due for raise
-: terrible body language

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Smith, Poulin and one of the Penguins 2nds (44 or 46) for Chychrun.
For Ottawa to even consider adding Smith, the offseason would need to be going extremely poorly. i.e no chance we add a player like that pre-draft.

If the deal fit our needs the value wouldnt be awful (very disappointing, but not unimaginavble)… but it doesnt. Find a way to make cap room elsewhere, replace Smith with a modest asset, and then you are probably not far off

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

Sens paid a conditional 1st, a conditional 2nd and a 2nd ...expect the return to be about 40% less than that at a minimum.

i.e. a protected 1st, and a 3rd OR 2 2nds with one of the picks being conditional on resigning and/or making the ECF, then it would become a 1st

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't want to trade Rossi, at all, but would maybe do it for Chychrun. Do Sens fans think the value of a Rossi+ deal can make it up to Chychrun's value? I wouldn't do Rossi+Yurov or something of that level, but I would consider Rossi+Haight/Bankier or something like that.

Is that what it would take, or not enough?

Reactions: StoneHoffs129

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I don't want to trade Rossi, at all, but would maybe do it for Chychrun. Do Sens fans think the value of a Rossi+ deal can make it up to Chychrun's value? I wouldn't do Rossi+Yurov or something of that level, but I would consider Rossi+Haight/Bankier or something like that.

It’s a trap. Noooo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
For Ottawa to even consider adding Smith, the offseason would need to be going extremely poorly. i.e no chance we add a player like that pre-draft.

If the deal fit our needs the value wouldnt be awful (very disappointing, but not unimaginavble)… but it doesnt. Find a way to make cap room elsewhere, replace Smith with a modest asset, and then you are probably not far off

Why are you acting like Smith is a negative value asset? He has 1 year left at $5 million and had like 40 points in 75 games last year.

He’s included for cap reasons and probably has the value of like a 3rd on his own.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

MN doesn't have the cap space to do that, and I am not on board with moving both Rossi and Bankier, two of our best young C prospects/players. Chychrun has had problems with both organizations he has been on so far, and the reviews on him on the Sens forum have hardly been glowing. Those are a red flag, to me. Maybe, if MN hadn't traded his childhood buddy and friend in Duhaime, who might've helped settle him down, but ...

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
MN doesn't have the cap space to do that, and I am not on board with moving both Rossi and Bankier, two of our best young C prospects/players. Chychrun has had problems with both organizations he has been on so far, and the reviews on him on the Sens forum have hardly been glowing. Those are a red flag, to me. Maybe, if MN hadn't traded his childhood buddy and friend in Duhaime, who might've helped settle him down, but ...
I wasn't looking at cap space or making a formal trade offer (I can't do that anyway, I'm not Guerin), I just wondered what the value of Chychrun and Rossi are at relative to each other.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Why are you acting like Smith is a negative value asset? He has 1 year left at $5 million and had like 40 points in 75 games last year.

He’s included for cap reasons and probably has the value of like a 3rd on his own.
I’m not acting like that at all. But literally the last thing Ottawa needs is a $5m middle sixer winger, and they arent going to accept modest value while also needing to immediately flip a $5m middle six winger elsewhete.

He’s included for cap reasons… why not just trade him for a 3rd yourselves, then? You can talk about how easy it is to flip the player, but deals literally never happen that way. What happens a lot is that the team who needs to clear space does so themselves, which is all I suggested.

Reactions: NyQuil and Szechwan

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
with one year left i wonder if a cup competitor would take a big swing. nyr has some space and could go all in next season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wasn't looking at cap space or making a formal trade offer (I can't do that anyway, I'm not Guerin), I just wondered what the value of Chychrun and Rossi are at relative to each other.
I think they have about equal value, when all things are considered. Chychrun has had some very nice seasons, but also some that were less good, and Rossi's youth and contract status are a plus. I can't help but feel that Chychrun's development has been screwed up a bit by being on two dysfunctional, or at least unsettled, franchises.

I never thought Chychrun was vg defensively. Offensively, sure, and because he has nice size and reach he does ok against physicality, too.

I just don't think a LHD is going to move the needle much in MN. Faber has shown he can run the #1PP, Chisholm(LHD) the #2, Brodin and Middleton are solid as LHD, and I expect Hunt(LHD) to be up this year, also. Getting another LHD just doesn't seem to be a need, while Rossi, who had a good rookie season, could well be MN's #2C for years to come.

A team that needs a LHD and PPQB would probably value Chychrun more. If they had a RHD of equal value they could send back in return, I'm sure OTT would be interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad