Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXIX (2016 TDL Pre-Game Pt1)(2/27-Laich waived)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'd look at Komarov and think about plugging him in at 1RW to try and get that line going. Other than that... not much on the market is appealing to me.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
The biggest part that is driving me nuts is the team is trending down. They haven't played a "good" game since LA and before that they weren't playing that great. Barely score first. Holtby has been meh for a month plus. They aren't on a good path right now. When is the last time they steam rolled someone? A team on their pace that doesn't need any pieces should be playing well now, not on the verge of the worst they looked all year.

guess that islanders game didnt exist then. and besides you do realize that was less then 2 weeks ago? my goodness even you have to agree that who cares how they do it as long as they win

tmljeh19*

I'd look at Komarov andthink about plugging him in at 1RW to try and get that line going. Other than that... not much on the market is appealing to me.

There are guys that help this team but it's going to take a GM not afraid to deal.

Leo
Loui
Boedker
Vrbata
Jansen
Doan

Again it takes a GM who is gonna sack up

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Anything less than a SCF birth is gonna be a MASSIVE letdown for this team and the media will eat them alive. You don't set league records and goalie records and then not make the finals.

well, Detroit with 131 points lost to WCF to Colorado, though next year they won the Cup

tmljeh19*

guess that islanders game didnt exist then. and besides you do realize that was less then 2 weeks ago? my goodness even you have to agree that who cares how they do it as long as they win

No I don't. Not at all. When they play a team considered the elite of this league they don't win (aside from LA). They look like ****. Holtby is trending downward. They rarely score first. They take stupid penalties. Those 3 are recipes for disaster come playoff time. So no I can careless that they beat Minnesota. I want them to not look like **** against Chicago and Dallas. Not struggle for a win against Minnesota.

tmljeh19*

well, Detroit with 131 points lost to WCF to Colorado, though next year they won the Cup

Next year does not exist to me. And it shouldn't to this team/front office. They can be the worse team in the league next year.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Next year does not exist to me. And it shouldn't to this team/front office. They can be the worse team in the league next year.

I'm with you as we need to bet hard on this year, but just saying that the Wings lost in WCF with the 131 points and Brodeur in semi's with the most wins.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The biggest part that is driving me nuts is the team is trending down. They haven't played a "good" game since LA and before that they weren't playing that great. Barely score first. Holtby has been meh for a month plus. They aren't on a good path right now. When is the last time they steam rolled someone? A team on their pace that doesn't need any pieces should be playing well now, not on the verge of the worst they looked all year.

I'd rather they be slumping now, than 20games from now. Their play doesn't worry me as much as our rivals loading up. I'd like to see the Caps spend for a top 9F and another top 6D.

Schmidt looks problematic, and can't be sure Carlson will be back to himself. Wilson and Burakovsky may not show well in the playoffs, and Oshie may not either.

Again--

LTIR Carlson, and send Laich out. That leaves 8m to play with. A LOT.

Plenty of F/D combos to look at. Let's go BMac.:popcorn:

tmljeh19*

I'd rather they be slumping now, than 20games from now. Their play doesn't worry me as much as our rivals loading up. I'd like to see the Caps spend for a top 9F and another top 6D.

Schmidt looks problematic, and can't be sure Carlson will be back to himself. Wilson and Burakovsky may not show well in the playoffs, and Oshie may not either.

Again--

I'd go Laich, Samsonov and 1st for Leo

tmljeh19*

I don't think Leo is that good. If we are going to send Samsonov and a 1st, I really hope they get something better than Leo.

I like Leo a lot but it also gets them to take Laich which in turn will open up more room for a insurance D man if they want

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
More on the candidates.

Doan is an interesting case. Watching Vermette getting the ring... what he's supposed to think? Modano signed with DRW. Iginla went for a cup too. Even Ray Bourque. Not many guys stay in one club. Even Brodeur left New Jersey. So that's possibly a man to acquire (with salary retention anyway).

Ericsson I believe provides big time flexibility. Like 3 scoring lines 2 of which aren't defensively incapable. Also, there will be more top-6 depth for injuries.

But maybe they just should make Beagle 3C again (and Oshie 3RW hehe).

Komarov is not proven, has too much term on his contract and still expensive to acquire. But if he'll make Oshie 3RW... maybe that's another solid option.

Btw, I think against a team like Chicago we should just hit them to death in first games and not worry about the refs. We should get enough out of that. So I'm not concerned about any final match up.

Even if there is no other highly regarded acquisition, we already have Laich in the AHL till playoff. That is good for him probably. Also, that is another quality player as depth.

Hamhuis should be considered only if they can LTIR Carlson. Orpik/Alzner/Hamhuis as LDs and Orlov/Schmidt/Chorney as a set of left handed guys who will play right side. That's really bad. But should not block them from getting into the 3rd round I think. Weber should help too, but if Niskanen is to go down... I mean, I hope Carlson can play at some point so Hamhuis isn't changing much aside from 3LD upgrade (which already has depth in Weber).

So is it Galiev for Doan?! :P

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
More on the candidates.

Doan is an interesting case. Watching Vermette getting the ring... what he's supposed to think? Modano signed with DRW. Iginla went for a cup too. Even Ray Bourque. Not many guys stay in one club. Even Brodeur left New Jersey. So that's possibly a man to acquire (with salary retention anyway).

Ericsson I believe provides big time flexibility. Like 3 scoring lines 2 of which aren't defensively incapable. Also, there will be more top-6 depth for injuries.

But maybe they just should make Beagle 3C again (and Oshie 3RW hehe).

Komarov is not proven, has too much term on his contract and still expensive to acquire. But if he'll make Oshie 3RW... maybe that's another solid option.

Btw, I think against a team like Chicago we should just hit them to death in first games and not worry about the refs. We should get enough out of that. So I'm not concerned about any final match up.

Even if there is no other highly regarded acquisition, we already have Laich in the AHL till playoff. That is good for him probably. Also, that is another quality player as depth.

Hamhuis should be considered only if they can LTIR Carlson. Orpik/Alzner/Hamhuis as LDs and Orlov/Schmidt/Chorney as a set of left handed guys who will play right side. That's really bad. But should not block them from getting into the 3rd round I think. Weber should help too, but if Niskanen is to go down... I mean, I hope Carlson can play at some point so Hamhuis isn't changing much aside from 3LD upgrade (which already has depth in Weber).

So is it Galiev for Doan?! :P

Doan as 1RW would be a GMBM move. I can just see it, out of nowhere. Yes, maybe he really wants a chance at the ring. W Williams, w Orpik, w Richards.

Ovy-Backs-Doan
Bura-Kuz-Williams
Chimera-MaJo-Oshie
Beagle-Richards-Wilson

Who doesn't like that? Move any of the RW's up and down the ladder. Doesn't much matter.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia

Again--

They can't just leave Carlson on LTIR. Completely different than the Kane situation. Kane was supposed to be out 12 weeks and came back early for the playoffs. Carlson is only supposed to be out 3-4 weeks.

If GMBM can find a way to get rid of Laich, I expect him to do something significant but getting rid of Laich is easier said than done.

tmljeh19*

Doan as 1RW would be a GMBM move. I can just see it, out of nowhere. Yes, maybe he really wants a chance at the ring. W Williams, w Orpik, w Richards.

Ovy-Backs-Doan
Bura-Kuz-Williams
Chimera-MaJo-Oshie
Beagle-Richards-Wilson

Who doesn't like that? Move any of the RW's up and down the ladder. Doesn't much matter.

Except he has yet to ever do anything like that. Not exactly "like GMBM". More like the anti-GMBM

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Chris Brown is a late healthy scratch in Hershey. Was supposed to play with a lot of guys out sick or injured. Bears going with 7 D and 11 F

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Would Bowey and a 2nd be enough for Loui or would it need to be a first?

Edit: Also no way Leo is worth a 1st AND a former 1st round pick IMO. One or the other.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Would Bowey and a 2nd be enough for Loui or would it need to be a first?

Edit: Also no way Leo is worth a 1st AND a former 1st round pick IMO. One or the other.

Can you guys tell me who Loui and Leo are? Unlike some, I am not on a first name or nickname level with these guys. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad