Player Discussion Aatu Raty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Hog - Blue - Sprong

4th line roles for Hog and Sprong until defense improves
Teams don't usually run with two guys on the fourth line who aren't reliable defensively and cannot handle PK duty, especially when the third line would have two guys that haven't proven themselves on the PK (Raty and Garland). I think Phil D might be a regular in the lineup early in the season for that reason.

Reactions: JT Milker

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I always assumed that Raty has the Islanders' 1st rounder in 2021, kinda insane he dropped deep into the 2nd in retrospect. Definitely looks ready to be a full-time contributor, although I'll temper expectations a bit since skating well enough to keep up with NHL speed through a season isn't a given at this point I don't think.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
I always assumed that Raty has the Islanders' 1st rounder in 2021, kinda insane he dropped deep into the 2nd in retrospect. Definitely looks ready to be a full-time contributor, although I'll temper expectations a bit since skating well enough to keep up with NHL speed through a season isn't a given at this point I don't think.

There were rumblings of him going high in the 1st that year but he struggled mightily out of the gate.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Hoglander I can see on a 4th line with his energy. Sprong is top 6 or bust, which is why he’s bounced around so much.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Hoglander I can see on a 4th line with his energy. Sprong is top 6 or bust, which is why he’s bounced around so much.
I thought that one of the positives for Sprong was that he was able to produce points in limited minutes playing bottom six.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Teams don't usually run with two guys on the fourth line who aren't reliable defensively and cannot handle PK duty, especially when the third line would have two guys that haven't proven themselves on the PK (Raty and Garland). I think Phil D might be a regular in the lineup early in the season for that reason.
I think the PKers are Bluegar, Suter, Heinek, Debrusk, Miller, Petey, Sherwood and the only rookie doing PK is Raty. I think we are fine with PK.

I think it Raty makes it as a center, they will want to have 2 defensively responsible guy with him. I don’t see them letting Hog or Sprong play with him, it’s too risky to have a rookie center cover for either of them.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I think the PKers are Bluegar, Suter, Heinek, Debrusk, Miller, Petey, Sherwood and the only rookie doing PK is Raty. I think we are fine with PK.

I think it Raty makes it as a center, they will want to have 2 defensively responsible guy with him. I don’t see them letting Hog or Sprong play with him, it’s too risky to have a rookie center cover for either of them.

You might be right, although at present Blueger's out and I doubt that they want to use too many top-6 forwards on the PK. My guess is that either Di Giuseppe or Aman will be in the lineup, at the very least on the roster, until Blueger returns. Tocchet's pretty keen on his defensively responsible forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad