OT 19/3: A Warning to Future Generations

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This place is a message... and part of a system of messages... pay attention to it!

Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

The danger is to the body, and it can kill.

The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
giphy.gif

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sending all the good vibes your way. Please stay safe and evacuate if asked to do so. We are rivals but when shit like this goes down, HF becomes family no matter what your allegiance is. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

JoVel

Jan 23, 2017
Last thread took over four years to get to 1,000 posts. We need to step up our game. Well not FP but the rest of us.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Everything I've heard about the hurricane sounds scary as hell. Hopefully you guys get spared the worst case scenario.

Since I know nothing about the Tampa area, is Amalie in danger of being flooded? I wonder how it affects the schedule if it does get flooded.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Everything I've heard about the hurricane sounds scary as hell. Hopefully you guys get spared the worst case scenario.

Since I know nothing about the Tampa area, is Amalie in danger of being flooded? I wonder how it affects the schedule if it does get flooded.
Amalie is right on the water, so there is some risk of flooding.

Mayor Castor posted this video from the last storm.

Amalie appears around the 1-minute mark. Having a park between the arena and the water itself should soak up a lot of it.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Amalie is right on the water, so there is some risk of flooding.

Mayor Castor posted this video from the last storm.

Amalie appears around the 1-minute mark. Having a park between the arena and the water itself should soak up a lot of it.

Thanks for the info. Of course, I hope the best for all the regular folks down there. A billion dollar sports team will be fine either way.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Pretty much any decent FAST website or app (Tubi, Sling TV, Local Now, etc.) will have at least one free livestream of a local Tampa Bay news station, if there's any interest in watching what the locals watch as the storm arrives, although it might be available to the US only.

Local Now has both the ABC and NBC affiliates. Tubi has ABC and Fox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad