Proposal: A Player Who's A Pain In The Neck For A Player Who Has Pain In The Neck: OTT + BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
What about something around Tkachuk for Eichel?

Tkachuk likely becomes an instant fan favorite in Buffalo which should help offset the public relations nightmare of the Eichel situation

And the Sens can let Eichel get his surgery while they spend another year rebuilding, and then hopefully they're ready to challenge for the playoffs in 2023 with a healthy franchise center

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The culture change is Ottawa is as important as skill. We can't lose Tkachuk, even though this negotiation is a pain for everyone.

Plus, you're comfortable in Brady signing 3 years in Buffalo and then potentially walking after year 4?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i don't think ottawa does this, it just doesn't make sens.

ostrich-laughing.gif

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
So Tkachuk goes from one massive rebuild to another… and signs an extension for that?

Don’t see it.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I wouldn't trade Tkachuk for Eichel at this current state. Too much unknown with Eichel, I'd rather overpay term and $ for Tkachuk.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I wouldn't trade Tkachuk for Eichel at this current state. Too much unknown with Eichel, I'd rather overpay term and $ for Tkachuk.

Yeah I don’t know how many times this needs to be explored. Overpaying your young core player 1-1.5M isn’t what destroys a team.

The reality is Ottawa might have to do that to retain players long term and hope they grow into the contract. I’d rather have Tkachuk at 8.5 than to not have him at all in 3 years.

It’s the signing your James Neal, Milan Lucic, Kris Russell that does it. Atleast with a young player they have the development aspect.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I don't think Ottawa would do this one for one at this point.

Also I'm convinced you make threads just to make puns in the title

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I feel like Tkachuk doesn't want to be in Ottawa and he's using the negotiations to overpriced himself out of Ottawa.

Win win for him. Get more money than he deserves or leave Ottawa which I feel he wants.

Reactions: Trash Man

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Ottawa won't go after a player with a higher salary to"save money" and not pay Brady. And if Jack likely isn't playing this year so it's only 4 years of Eichel.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
IF Eichel gets his surgery and it looks good, I'd do this from Calgary

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Yeah no even if Eichel that doesn’t regain his full previous form his position, contract and impact on the game would still outweigh Tkachuk’s pretty heavily.

Not saying he isn’t a great player any time would love to have on their team but Brady is one of the most overrated players on these boards.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah I don’t know how many times this needs to be explored. Overpaying your young core player 1-1.5M isn’t what destroys a team.

For one guy, no. But look at what happened to the Leafs. You overpay one guy and then you have to overpay a lot of them. Then you can't fill out your roster. Imagine Stutzle, Norris, maybe Pinto, etc... going into negotiations when they have a teammate making $8.5m who isn't better than them...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would do this from Ottawa's perspective. Easily.

From Buffalo's, I would really need to think about it. If Tkachuk is getting paid $8m per I'd say he's not worth it.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
What about something around Tkachuk for Eichel?

Tkachuk likely becomes an instant fan favorite in Buffalo which should help offset the public relations nightmare of the Eichel situation

And the Sens can let Eichel get his surgery while they spend another year rebuilding, and then hopefully they're ready to challenge for the playoffs in 2023 with a healthy franchise center

its-time-to-stop-posting-1482243-png.1522317

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I'd love a trade involving those two. Brady reunited with Mitts. Ex-Captain Pouty McPoutface out of our organization.

Don't see any GM giving Adams what he's insisting on for Eichel, with his long-term health being such an enormous question mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad