A message to the Leafs from all of your life long followers, do NOT be satisfied!

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
To a man the players all shared the same sentiments after the game: "This is just the beginning", "we have a bigger goal" etc. You cannot lose sight of this. Now is the time to dig in and go on the run that you and this franchise deserves.

So many of us, many much older than myself who have even longer memories can tell you where they were when Borchevsky scored to upset Detroit in round one, or Gilmour against the Blues. We remember the loss in Game 7 to L.A and where we were. That was the closest we came to getting to just the Finals, 31 years ago.

Participating in competitive sports were a big part of many of our lives. Now we get to live vicariously through your sacrifices. We cheer you on to try to accomplish what we as kids only dreamed of when playing road hockey.

I celebrated both times the Blue Jays won. I have some of the funniest memories high fiving strangers downtown in back to back years. The random hugs and kisses from women (and a few guys too). It was estimated a million of us were out there, it was incomparable. The entire country celebrated.

If you win the Cup this will be a global celebration.
From the U.S to Beijing. The entire world of Leaf fans are rooting for you now. We even have some new converts who really want to see you win it. We are all with you.

The torch has been handed to you now, to create new memories for a new generation and an older one who have waited so long to see a Maple Leaf Jersey lift the Cup.

You know what you have to do.

Go Leafs Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad